Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Question about Silva Method
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

macarius

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  5:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit macarius's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings everyone. Does anyone see anything wrong with maintaining twice daily 30 minute AYP practices (10 minutes pranayama and 20 minutes DM) while adding the techniques taught in the Silva Method (about 15 minutes of guided meditation per exercise, 1 exercise/day)? Thanks for any thoughts!

Macarius

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  6:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can try it Macarius.

"Silva's method of mind control" was the first mediation I was ever introduced to. I loved it. But this was long before AYP.

If you ask me now, the two techniques are very different. Personally I feel Silva involves too much control and manipulation of thoughts (which has its own benefits I am sure and was a great tool for me when I was introduced to it), where as the AYP type of meditation is more about letting go the control.

Also AYP way is to go inward without any external aid, but Silva is a guided meditation, so you are depending on an external voice for instructions to bring you inward.

I think you need to get used to any one of the two. Else you may not get the best out of any of the methods.

I find guided meditations too distracting these days, I prefer going into silence on my own.

So I would suggest go with any one, but if it does not bother you, you can try them both.
Go to Top of Page

macarius

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  08:52:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit macarius's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000