Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 My teacher the bird...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  10:17:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Today, my teacher was a bird..
I was watching my car from the 6th floor, from my bedroom..
A blackbird landed on the right rear-mirror.
He started to behave as if there was another bird in front of him..
He started to dance like a crazy seeing his reflection in the mirror..
Then he jumped on the top of the car.. and did the same circus with the other rear-mirror..
This game lasted for half an hour... from my car to another car...
And I laughed... and smiled from inside... I saw how stupid I am... making myself busy with the reflections of my self around..
And I laughed loudly, alone, at the beauty of this scene.. this choregraphy..

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  10:51:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  11:05:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  12:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe not so stupid if you are aware like the bird was.
To the bird it is a fun game. . .
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  3:10:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  10:48:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like the experience of watching the birds. I can relate well to that one. It reminds me of watching a bird pecking at a large mirror on someones back patio. They were renovating the bathrooms and I was outside painting the exterior. The same thing happened over and over with the bird pecking at itself in the mirror.

I find it very funny that I can relate to and enjoy the observation of the animal kingdom....the very alert and stikingly poised 6 point buck in the yard, yet not really able to embrace or soften around the human kingdom.

I used to be afraid that NOT being a christian was goint to have some terrible consequence...such as being reprobate OR going to Hell.
Now I think that that is all beliefs. Most humans NEED desperately a belief(s)

There are gnats outside the damp yard flying in unison and circular vortex..much like my thinking.

I definatley need to go for a walk now.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  7:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
REM
Document (1987)
King of Birds

A thumbnail sketch, a jeweler's stone
A mean idea to call my own
Old man don't lay so still you're not yet young
There's time to teach, point to point,
Point observation, children carry reservations
Standing on the shoulders of giants leaves me cold, leaves me cold.
A mean idea to call my own, a hundred million birds fly

Singer sing me a given, singer sing me a song
Standing on the shoulders of giants everybody's looking on
(Old don't lay so still you're not yet young,
there's time to teach, point to point,
point observation, children carry reservations).
Standing on the shoulders of giants leaves me cold
A mean idea to call my own, a hundred million birds fly away, away.

I am king of all I see, my kingdom for a voice
Old man don't lay so still, you're not yet young
There's time to teach, point to point
Point observation, children carry reservations
Standing on the shoulders of giants leaves me cold
A mean idea to call my own, a hundred million birds fly away

Everybody hit the ground. Everybody hit the ground.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  09:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sage!

Thank you for the graceful sharing..

Ok.. last news from the funny bird:

he is still practicing his sadhana on a daily basis..
Well, good for him (or her?) but I have to clean the rear-mirrors and around each time I need to use my car!

SO.. either I should park the car in the opposite direction OR I have to cover the mirrors with some papers..!

mmm, gotta meditate on this!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  6:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe you could set up a mirror with a little bird food to lure him away from your car.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  11:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Maybe you could set up a mirror with a little bird food to lure him away from your car.

great idea! thank you.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  08:51:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We have a flowering crab apple tree in the front yard.

In the back yard I put out all kinds of seed to attract a variety of birds. I use mostly black oil sunflower or thistle. I like to watch birds all day. The most common visitors are: blue jay, cardinal, chickadee, tufted-titmouse, and wrens. I delight at watching them at the feeders and going back and forth from the pine tree limbs. Funny how I don't care for the birds as much out front of the house. I have a white car and they fly over-poop on the hood and windshield, after they have dined on the berries fromt he crab apple.

I can see that there is not a place to have bird dialogue here at this forum....that is even more distant talk than of the chakras. I guess it will be difficult for me to communicate in ayp categories since I don't practise sadhana or meditation.

A must need to practise silence, instead.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  08:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the graceful sharing christiane was a song from REM/Document.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000