Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama Specifics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  9:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I hate to get too granular into nit-picky practice specifics, but here I go anyway...

I perform Samyama after meditation and usually finish my Samyama by dropping the names of loved ones who need help into silence.

My question is this, how long (days, weeks, months???) do I need to keep a person in the "Samyama Rotation" for it to be effective. Many of the situations are the types of things that typically take awhile to play-out, ie health related issues, job related issues, etc. Is it necessary to continue Samyama Prayer for a person until there is some form of resolution to their situation or is it enough to continue for say a month or two and then let thngs take their course?

Not that I mind doing it, the issue is more about the sheer number of loved ones I'd like to help and I find that due to time and self-pacing issues, the 9 sutras plus 2-3 names is about all I can handle...

I'm sure there is no hard and fast answer, but any insight would be appreciated...

Peace & Love

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  9:26:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parallax.

How long should you send healing to an individual? I would say go with your gut feel on this one. I think once is enough at times. But there are some close to our hearts that we may want to send healing for a few weeks, months, years, lifetime (in my case my kids ), every session.

How to handle the endless people we want to send healing to?
One way to handle it is group them as family, friends, colleagues, parents, siblings, group "A" (with a list of names) or whatever other way you can group them. Then there may be a couple you would like to send special healing to, include their names in.

So send healing to a couple of individuals, then send healing to groups. While I take the group name, I generally make a quick mental sweep of the people in the list.
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2009 :  12:33:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you dearest Shanti...I always appreciate your insights; I'm sure there are many factors impacting the effectiveness of Samyama including my level of inner silence, magnitude of the situation, etc, etc so intuition seems like the best bet (as always )...

I guess I've resisted doing the group list up until now as I felt that it would somehow dilute the effectiveness/impact of it, but maybe to get over my hesitancy I'll pick ~2 of the most "acute situations" by name and then form a grouping for the rest of family and friends as you wisely suggest

Love and blessings to you Shanti
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2009 :  4:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

I guess I've resisted doing the group list up until now as I felt that it would somehow dilute the effectiveness/impact of it,

Me too. I hesitated doing the group list for a long time too. But the more you do samyama the more you realize, it's not about control, it's more about letting go and allowing, more about trusting. Holding on to a concept that I am healing and I am doing good and I need to take the name of each person in order to heal them is what dilutes the process more than putting the names in a named list and picking the named list and letting it go. That way, we don't try to micro manage the healing and the silence has a chance to heal as needed. Only the mind can dilute the process.

quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

Love and blessings to you Shanti

Thanks Parallax. I can use all the blessings send my way.
_/\_
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000