Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 samyama and heart chakra opening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  5:54:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys, a question:

Last week when I was practicing samyama after a meditation, I suddenly felt like I was, for lack of a better description, "receiving" light and love thru the top of my head, and "retransmitting" it out to the world thru my heart chakra. It felt great; I know some doors in the heart can only be opened outward, and this one felt wonderful in its opening :)

Roughly since that time, my emotions have been on a hair trigger: I'm irritable at the smallest things, crying at the drop of a hat. I really didn't connect my extreme emotionality to the samyama experience until yesterday; it might be that they aren't related at all, and just a coincidence.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? If you think the two (my samyama/heart chakra experience, and my extreme emotionality) are related, what would your advice be? To lay off the samyama and pranayama for a while?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  8:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wigswest

Roughly since that time, my emotions have been on a hair trigger: I'm irritable at the smallest things, crying at the drop of a hat. I really didn't connect my extreme emotionality to the samyama experience until yesterday; it might be that they aren't related at all, and just a coincidence.

Yes, the experience of an heart opening is beautiful. However, after the opening we do experience a lot of release in heart-aches ... a lot of emotions can be released resulting in feeling overly emotional/sad/touchy.

Suggestions are to self pace and ground. Cut back on practice a bit, esp. samyama, take walks, eat heavier, stay away from spiritual stuff/ stuff that fans your bhakti. Keep in mind, this is a phase and it too shall pass.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000