Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 An Introduction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jivaakabhasana_Yogi

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  7:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jivaakabhasana_Yogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Dear Friends,

I have been reading the AYP lessons for some time, and decided I would finally join the AYP Group.
I am in Southern Cal, and have been practicing yoga and meditation for years...I guess very early on my first teachers (and others in my life) mentioned that I was "yogically 'wired for sound.'" I began having spontaneous energy experiences, samad' and the like, quite young.

I am (well into) my 40's, ok, almost 50...spent most of my life completely disfunctional...grew up with the label of Aspergers Syndrome (amongst many others) and bumped and bruised my way through life (quite painfully) until about 10 years prior, where I discovered, after many years of misdiagnoses and the like, that I litterally was "different." I was born without certain parts of the brain ever developing, while other areas grew very large. I always had a Mensa IQ but had never been able to function in the world. That has all changed...With the understanding of what has been going on in this body I have radically shifted into a new form of life.

Although "yogic experiences" had always come easy by me, just imagine if you would, an infant with a chemistry set...sure I could create chemical reactions, but they were almost always not what was needed at the time...if you get the metaphor...I had the tools inately, but lacked the wisdom to use them.

I practiced many forms of meditation, yet, for me what was lacking was 1) confidence in my own ability to self-manage/self-regulate my practice, and 2) the method(ology) by which I might do so, and 3) a balanced and incremental approach to the way of union. I found that in the A.Y.P teachings.

I had, for many years practiced what the Taoists call the "greater macroscopic orbit", brining the Shakti down from the crown to the base of the body, then up the back of the body to the crown. I had easily learned to move upwards into and beyond the Ajna to the Crown, and yet the "end result" of all of this was tremendous psychic energy running through a body that was (scarecly) able to conduct it without mental, emotional, and even physical damage...

The very first time I practiced the A.Y.P. spinal breathing pranayam' and deep meditation, a profound stillness, a Silence began to emerge that becomes more evident in every moment...and also a long lasting, consistent change in my character, my ability to see outside myself (and inside), my ability to love and be loved, and to serve. I am grateful that Yogani sees fit to bring this forward in the fashion that is A.Y.P.

These methods have helped me, not only survive, but thrive through chemo (sucessfully), become incredibly healthy (lost over 80 lbs, could walk up stairs, now run 20 miles a week) physically, as well as mentally and emotionally...and my "Lotus Flower Life" has begun to rise up through the mud of my experience and face the Sunlight.

Gur' he' mata, Gur' he' pitta, Gur' he' bandap, Gur he' b'rata...

The Guru (that within each and all that reconciles opposites) is Mother, Father, Brother, Cousin (relation), there is nothing that is not the Guru...

Very Happy to be Here,

Jivaakabhasana_Yogi

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  8:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums Jivaakabhasana_Yogi.
Glad to have you with us.
Thank you for sharing such a beautiful inspiring story with us.
Wish you all the best in your path.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  11:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome! Just as Shanti said, thank you for your inspiring story. We are glad you are well and very happy that you are a part of AYP.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  11:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Jiva

Your story is beautiful.

May you love it here

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  11:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Jiva. Yogani deserves a big thank you from everyone of us !
Krish
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  02:19:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
very happy to have you here jiva, thk you for sharing your inspiring story.

welcome to the AYP forums
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  04:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful!
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  04:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jiva, it's really great to have you here.

A very inspiring story.

Thanks for sharing.

Love
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  8:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Outstanding and fascinating story.

Great to have you here.

And Welcome to AYP.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000