Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Ecstasy surges and feelings of physical weakness?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  10:36:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Recently I have had several periods of extended ecstasy throughout the day followed shortly thereafter by sensations of physical weakness and feeling light-headed.

Anyone get this weakness sensation? Any solutions? Feels maybe like there could be something diet related which could help?

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  12:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

Recently I have had several periods of extended ecstasy throughout the day followed shortly thereafter by sensations of physical weakness and feeling light-headed.

Anyone get this weakness sensation? Any solutions? Feels maybe like there could be something diet related which could help?

Hi Andrew, :)
The same happens to me when I've immersed in a cloud of tingles, lots of emotional surges, leaky eyes etc for an extended amount of time.. usually I end up feeling like a train ran over me and sometimes it carries over into the next day or two. It really drains a person. Usually that kind of experience leaves what feels like a 'hole' in the center of my head and it releases a lot of feelings from the heart. These types of symptoms usually appear after meeting a light-being (high angel), or somebody who is radiating a lot of love in their writings or posts, or somebody shaktipats me accidentally when I tune into them (like Max, propagator of the Kunlun phenomenon). Perhaps this more akin to bliss..?

The other kind of ecstasy that I get for extended amounts of time is what I believe is kundalini's ecstatic conductivity but for me, it is mostly localized around my lower abdomen/pelvis area with the hot spot being the perineum. If it gets too intense it makes me feel like crawling the walls. This type of phenomenon doesn't leave me tired or wasted, though, and it has been lasting for many hours lately.

What type of ecstasy/bliss do you experience?

Just a suggestion, but ecstasy/bliss (or whatever you'd like to call it) does consume B vitamins. Try eating lots of leafy greens, whole grains or take a B complex vitamin supplement. And if you are vegetarian, take a B12 supplement and make sure to balance your amino acids..
:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  06:32:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem,

I also get the sensation of weakness after prolonged periods of ecstasy. Sometimes it is so strong that I cannot walk. I haven't found a sloution to it yet, although I am going to start experimenting with a few things. I have a feeling that regular exercise may help and I would agree with TI that vitamins could play a part. It seems like high levels of prana consume various nutrients and water in the body. So drinking a lot of water, eating a diet high in nutrients and vitamins and low in toxins and getting plenty of exercise could help.

I'll let you know if it works. If it doesn't... it certainly can't do any harm.

The other thing is that it could just be a question of giving the body time to adjust to the higher levels of ecstasy surging through it. In which case it would be a matter of resting when the body needs to rest. I am sure it doesn't last forever because saints who live in a permanent state of ecstasy don't seem to suffer from this. At least, not the one's I've spent time with.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  11:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem and all

Not much weakness in the muscles or bones now....but it used to be a problem about a year and a half ago. The place where the prana can produce weakness now... is the lungs. When in deep ecstatic states for prolonged times.....the breath will sort of marry the space.....and the lungs....will be in between working and not-working. F.eks....I will find myself walking while in a breathless state....and being completely fine about it....no pain or drain anywhere...just extreme lightness. However....everytime I notice it...as in being self-conscious about it......it produces some thoughts of "not breathing properly"...of "fading" (dying)....and these thoughts identified with....can produce some fear here. And when fear is identified with.....this contraction will then pull me back into the body-identification and with it....a feeling of being weak...or "see-through" in the chest.

The condition has approved over the past few months.....mostly because of better self-pacing. Diet and nutrition is very important here too....Early this summer....after my father got ill....two joints acted up.....and I also got 3 funny nails on my feet. They turned white...and then blue. Really weird...
Anyway.....After going to the AYP retreat in Glendalough, Ireland this summer I continued the breakfeast that two of the participants in Louis group made for us in the mornings. It is whole grain millet porridge with apple, ginger, raisins and cinnamon. This porridge is very high in natural nutrients....and after eating it daily since July the nails are now back to normal, the joints are almost fine, and the weakness in the chest is much better. (I had serious lung inflammations as a child...and one really bad one about 15 years ago.....so there may be "scarring" because of this)

Have been on a vegetarian diet for years (once in a while I'll have fish).....and use mostly soy milk. An inner urge to take vitamins developped right before leaving Norway.... so right now I am on vitamin C, Calcium, Magnesium, vitamin D and Omega 3. Haven't thought about Vit B12....so will maybe add that (thought you only got those through injections?)

With the ecstacy...the bliss....it is obvious here that it does take its toll on the body....if balance is not right. So....as always here...it is about self-pacing properly.

Self-pacing can happen in so many ways!
Yesterday...walking past a pub here in Dun Laoghaire...they had a poster announcing an opening night with a jazz/blues band. So...later that night I went to it by myself.......the place was packed...lots of noise...made friends with some very nice local people....actually had a glass of Guiness (the third one in a year and a half....:)....and stood listening and humming with the band for a long time. I had a blast....all by myself....yet felt intimate with everyone. Everybody smiled there.... It was great fun

So...for the..bhaktified mind here...who would normaly prefer empty churches......this break was very good:)

Everything was clear...peace....on the way home.

So here......proper exercise..... and natural joys emanating from ordinary living....are the most crucial when it comes to balance.

Have a peaceful week

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  11:52:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That sounds a lot like me Katrine! I only take vitamins occasionally; good organic vegetables will provide them otherwise. I like vitimins made from "live" sources.
One to add to those is vitamin D. I have a little spray bottle; goes under the tongue. It boosts the immune system. If you get a lot of sun on the skin you don't need that. But sun through a window doesn't give you vit. D, and directly on the skin it takes up to two days to soak in, and soap washes it off. So if you lay in the sun only use soap in small necessary areas and nowhere else. Plain water doesn't wash it off.
Naturally occuring cholestral on the skin changes to vitamin D with sun. That's why cholestral lowering drugs give you a vitamin D shortage.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  12:50:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ether

Yes - am taking vitamin D
Should probably have added it a long time ago...living in Norway during winter time...does not give much exposure to sunlight. Ireland might be better...but it rains a lot here....so it is probably good to stay on it.

Enjoy the Sunday
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  3:11:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine
Haven't thought about Vit B12....so will maybe add that (thought you only got those through injections?)

Hi Katrine :)
Lovely to talk to you. :)
You get B12 from meat. There are many links on Google, here is just one:
http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Tr...ms&id=758040

I only mentioned the B12 because a lot of vegans don't know it and usually spirituality and vegetarianism are found together..

:)
TI

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  5:08:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you TI
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  5:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,

Thanks for your post. I'm a vegetarian as well, who eats fish from time to time and like Ether get most my vitamins from food. This week I did eat a lot of junk so will see how I respond to healthier food next week.

In regards to describing ecstasy, very difficult to do so accurately with words. I can say it has changed a lot over the years, more all over the body, feet, hands, head but most intensified in the spinal nerve. Less sexual than it used to be unless attention goes to the root.

Hi Christi,

Good to hear I'm not the only one who gets that feeling at times. It is similar to that "bonking" feeling in sport but different and thankfully less intense. I have exercised very regularly pretty much my whole life, sometimes too much and I find overall there is a lot of energy all the time as a result. Couldn't imagine life without exercise. Last week though, I did notice that weak feeling after intense exercise and some heightened ecstasy so I may have to cut back on the intensity and volume when possible and see if that helps.

Thanks Katrine for the suggestions, will look into B12 for sure. Funny I think my wife brought some home the other day by coincidence so may start by pilfering some there.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2009 :  5:54:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem,

quote:
Couldn't imagine life without exercise. Last week though, I did notice that weak feeling after intense exercise and some heightened ecstasy so I may have to cut back on the intensity and volume when possible and see if that helps.

That's the other angle on exercise, it does increase the flow of prana, so if the tiredness is being caused by too much prana (and the resulting ecstasy) then adding more exercise is going to exasperate the situation. I am sure there must be something on the Biology of Kundalini site about this tiredness and it's causes. I'll check it out tomorrow. Let us know how you get on with the vitamins and if you find any other solutions.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  7:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem,

Here it is:

Biology of kundalini: Exhaustion Phase

Here is my favourite paragraph:

"Even though the endorphins produced by kundalini might propel us into perpetual ecstasy and relief from fear, suffering and anxiety, a kundalini awakening can be classed as long-term stress to the body. We might even go so far as to say that kundalini is a “unique” form of the stress/stress relief cycle. Kundalini is stress because it induces the hyperactivity of the Hypothalmus-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis and perpetually amplifies metabolism, so that towards the end of an awakening the consequences of this acceleration of the pace of our cells is evident in an exhaustion phase. Because our society is largely ignorant about kundalini, the majority of people undergoing an awakening are likely to end up in this slump, which can go on for years."

It looks like the advice on offer there is the same as we have been guessing here: avoid toxins, take vitamin suppliments, eat a healthy diet and get plenty of exercise.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Nov 09 2009 7:14:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  7:19:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Anthem,

Here it is:

Biology of kundalini: Exhaustion Phase

Here is my favourite paragraph:

"Even though the endorphins produced by kundalini might propel us into perpetual ecstasy and relief from fear, suffering and anxiety, a kundalini awakening can be classed as long-term stress to the body. We might even go so far as to say that kundalini is a “unique” form of the stress/stress relief cycle. Kundalini is stress because it induces the hyperactivity of the Hypothalmus-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis and perpetually amplifies metabolism, so that towards the end of an awakening the consequences of this acceleration of the pace of our cells is evident in an exhaustion phase. Because our society is largely ignorant about kundalini, the majority of people undergoing an awakening are likely to end up in this slump, which can go on for years."

It looks like the advice on offer there is the same as we have been guessing here: avoid toxins, take vitamin suppliments, eat a healthy diet and get plenty of exercise.

Christi

That's really helpful Christi, thanks for taking the time to look it up, very appreciated!

Will have a look through that website.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000