Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 question about heart breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  10:01:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I was experimenting with a simple technique recently that is about transforming the energy through the heart.
In simple terms, when you breathe in, from the heart chakra, you inhale all the negativity/misery/suffering of the surroundings.
And when you breathe out, you release light/love/positive energy..
I did it for a few minutes, twice until now, and it is amazingly powerful.
Then I remembered the heart breathing technique in AYP, and wandered if I could do the same technique (tracing from the ajna to the heart and back to ajna) but doing the opposite: instead of breathing in my Ishta, I would imbibe the negativity and pain to transform it into positive energy.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Love and Peace.

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  08:26:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christiane,

There are breathing practices in Yoga which involve breathing in negative energy and transforming it in the heart into positive energy which is then breathed out. I don't see any reason why this could not be combined with the AYP heart breathing excercise. One thing to remember though is that AYP is a tried and tested method, so making changes to the practices like this is like embarking on your own experiment. Nothing wrong with that, as long as you are clear that that is what you are doing.

Christian Gnostisism is a good sourse of visualization practices like the one you mention. You may find the works of Tau Malachi to be useful if you are drawn in this direction, especially his book "Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ". One of the Gnostic practices involves imagining your Ishta standing in front of you and then disolving into divine light which then pours into your heart through your crown chakra. This is one of the practices that I do. There is really no limit to the degree to which you can use your imagination as a tool for transformation. It is a very powerful tool, so remember to self-pace wisely.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  08:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

thank you so much for the useful references.
I will dig into them for sure.
Yes, I feel inclined to use techniques that use
the heart as the main center.

Will practice for a while and share later on.

Much love

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  5:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by christiane

Hi all,

I was experimenting with a simple technique recently that is about transforming the energy through the heart.
In simple terms, when you breathe in, from the heart chakra, you inhale all the negativity/misery/suffering of the surroundings.
And when you breathe out, you release light/love/positive energy..
I did it for a few minutes, twice until now, and it is amazingly powerful.

Hi Christiane, :)
What you have mentioned is very similar to a buddhist practice that I recall reading about in a Dalai Lama teaching called tonglen meditation.

For example, here is a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonglen

and this link mentions the heart many times:

http://www.naljorprisondharmaservic.../Tonglen.htm

:)
TI

Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  10:19:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI!
I had a quick look at the Wiki references.. (was too busy those last days).
Tomorrow, I'll be more available and will take the time to read both your post+links and Christi's reply.

Much gratitude to both of you..

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000