Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 Prayers........samyama.........devotion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  6:16:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Prayers....samyama......devotion

Sitting at the dining table yesterday.....in the blessing of eating with another who also before starting to eat lets the palms meet and gives thanks for what is about to be received.....something fell into place inside regarding seeing the way prayers has changed here over the years.....

Prayers would be words in the beginning when they first emerged.......even though they would come from heart in the sense that they were heart felt.....often the heart would be wavy....attached to emotions......and asking. The heart would be asking.........

Then....through AYP......samyama happened. But samyama actually happened before the practice of Samyama was added to Deep Meditation. It was something that very subtly emerged when the space....the inner silence....one day was more....elevated than the words. Like spontaneously staying with the white paper even though there were words written on it.....and the white paper coming into non-view in all directions......surrounding the words.......
So.....instead of a sentence.....there would be a word....and then.....it simply drowned in the white paper..as if it was made of invisible ink..............
Then...through the practice of AYP Samyama.....this dropping happened also from outside inwards. One could actually intend a dropping....a drowning......

And this spread to daily living.....at the same time as more and more heart issues.....emotional hang-ups......emotional residues from past......emotional avoidances....emotional attachments etc has to be faced and inquired into.....

This is a continuous ongoing inquiry....a continuous commitment.

The more the heart opens however......the more quiet it is perceived to be. Yet this silence is not mental. At the same time it is not without substance....yet it is completely void of any quality. But....as the opening....the nothingness that I am....that we all are...the impact of being touched by it...the result of being more and more open..is that love is. More and more love is. In the depth of the quietude....love is felt to be silent....gentle......and yet so fulfilling that nothing compares......

How something so infinitely small can be so infinitely vast is beyonds any understanding here......

But it has changed the way prayer happens.....
Prayers changed into samyama....and samyama is transforming into continuous devotion......

So whenever head bows and palms meet before eating a meal....or anytime the touch happens during daily living.......no words come inside......just this tender tender love for that without which nothing would be. That which is in the food eaten...the plate it is on.....the table......in the chairs.....in the heart on the other side of the table....the person next to me on the bus.....next to me in meditation......in the space.....everywhere it is. It is just that some beings are more aware of it...and therefore radiate more of this love......the blessing of that is actually phenomenal..

And to be allowed......unlimited......no walls set up within....no boundaries made a problem of within or without......to be allowed to love like this......simply because one is quiet......is.....grace.

And the gratefulness....is also quiet....no words.....but it fills one up and one simply has to move with it......

All the time...love listens. In prayers.....in samyama.....in devotion....all the time.....love listens.

The most precious of all of it...is...that in devotion.....

the heart has stopped asking.....

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  8:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

Prayers....samyama......devotion

And to be allowed......unlimited......no walls set up within....no boundaries made a problem of within or without......to be allowed to love like this......simply because one is quiet......is.....grace.

B...E...A...UTIFUL!

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  12:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  12:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very beautiful.
Outpouring divine love.
Thank you.I can feel the healing words in the post.
[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
namaste dear friend.

Edited by - miguel on Nov 06 2009 1:00:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  2:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Miguel
Go to Top of Page

porcupine

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  11:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit porcupine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Katrine, you are good at writing these kinds of things, and this is a good one for thanksgiving.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  11:27:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste porcupine

Happy thanksgiving
Go to Top of Page

ymladris

Czech Republic
20 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  12:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit ymladris's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

How something so infinitely small can be so infinitely vast is beyonds any understanding here......

the heart has stopped asking.....

some free associations ;-) ... (wikipedia)

Buber stressed that an Ich-Du relationship lacks any composition (e.g. structure) and communicates no content (e.g. information). Despite the fact that Ich-Du cannot be proven to happen as an event (e.g. it cannot be measured), Buber stressed that it is real and perceivable. A variety of examples are used to illustrate Ich-Du relationships in daily life - two lovers, an observer and a cat, the author and a tree, and two strangers on a train. Common English words used to describe the Ich-Du relationship include encounter, meeting, dialogue, mutuality, and exchange.

(...)

To create this I-Thou relationship with God, a person has to be open to the idea of such a relationship, but not actively pursue it. The pursuit of such a relation creates qualities associated with it, and so would prevent an I-You relation, limiting it to I-It. Buber says by being open to the I-Thou, God will eventually come to you. Also, because the God Buber describes is completely devoid of qualities, this I-You relation lasts as long as the individual chooses. When the individual finally chooses to return to the I-It world, they act as a pillar of deeper relation and community.

One key Ich-Du relationship Buber identified was that which can exist between a human being and God. Buber argued that this is the only way in which it is possible to interact with God, and that an Ich-Du relationship with anything or anyone connects in some way with the eternal relation to God.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000