Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Adyashanti on Thought & Thinking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  10:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Try to come up with internal division without thinking … you can’t; it’s impossible!

Thinking isn’t the problem; addiction to thinking is the problem.

Reality, by its very nature, is not something that’s created in your mind.

I’ve never met anyone who has had reality revealed in their own experience, say: ‘yeah, this is pretty much like I thought it would be’!

Good spiritual teachings get your mind to see the limitation of your thinking very quickly, including the U-turns your mind tries to take; a good spiritual teaching says, “Nope! That’s not it!!” … a good spiritual teaching is like having the rug pulled out from under your feet all the time.

Ask yourself: “Who am I if I don’t refer to a thought or a feeling?

When you’re no longer looking for resolution in your mind, your mind becomes quite …. Calm.

When reality, when your true nature actually reveals itself in you, it will be nothing like you ever thought it would be.

The very nature of the real is that which can’t be thought about.
Every thought you’ve ever had about enlightenment, or God, or ultimate reality …. is irrelevant.

I didn’t stop trying to think my way to enlightenment, until I saw the irrelevance of the thinking process for myself.

Your body basically feels what your mind tells it to feel.

When you’re no longer looking for answers in your mind, your mind is no longer divided.

Your own being is not defined by anything you ever think – have you touched upon this place?

You do not need to fight or stop your thinking … you just need to stop seeking happiness there.

As long as you hold out hope, you’re going to find it in your mind.
Samsara is what you create in your mind.

There’s no belief system in this; there’s just an encouragement that everyone look for themselves.

Belief will sidetrack the quest for enlightenment faster than anything.

You don’t worship the thorn you use to remove another thorn.
The Wheel of Samsara doesn’t have an objective “out there” existence; the Wheel of Samsara is the way you think yourself into problems.

The search for happiness is the search to break free of our personal psychology.

As soon as you try to suppress something, your mind is already divided.
You are the infinite you’re seeking.

There's no secret to this.

You’re not going to think your way to enlightenment.

(Said gleefully -->) Hell, I don’t even care what I said …. So why should you?

Source:
Satsang Recording "Beyond The Boundary of the Mind".

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  12:39:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  9:58:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

Thanks Kirtanman

You're welcome!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000