Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 The increasingly "subtle" projecting mind.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  12:57:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Here are some ramblings on mind.

I have found it interesting to observe how over time with effective practices like what we use here at AYP, the attachments of the mind certainly do fall away and as silence deepens, becoming more pervasive, we start to see all the subtle ways the mind can project onto reality.

Addictions, become attachments, and attachments give-way to assumptions about reality, there are so many layers of mind. Lately I have observed how the mind will project quick and easily missed (unless you are looking for them) imaginings on how a future of a given situation will unfold, or what something "means" etc. It is amazingly powerful to catch the mind projecting a limiting future because once seen through, it can be redirect it into a more open-minded potential.

"I always screw-up in this situation" can be seen through to "I sometimes screw-up in this situation and sometimes succeed". Also, the idea of "this situation" is a massive generalization about many specific differing situations, hence the whole premise of "I always screw-up in this situation" is such a faulty premise on so many levels. In any case, the choices that lead to the "success" or lack of it in a given situation can be revealed and we see how we create our reality, and only all of it on a daily basis. Once seen through it can be redirected in a more positive experience of reality.

I guess there would be no world without projecting, that idea has got me curious lately as positive thoughts come up about reality and I know they are essentially not true, do I just allow them? For example the thought of how wonderful a situation has become due to some actions of mine is clearly a projection of mind and not ultimately true. I see the rise of ego wanting to take claim and from that situation, why feed that? At the same time, if there has to be a story for there to be a reality, it may as well be a dream come true instead of a nightmare, or do we want neither?

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  2:54:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem:

Once we have loosened identification with thoughts through cultivation of silent witness, we can enjoy the nice dreams, and "turn around" the nightmares through inquiry so they will be nice dreams too.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  4:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. Abandon whatever is unwholesome.
2. Do whatever is wholesome.
3. Tame the mind.

The third is actually the basis for one and two. As we tame the mind, we recognize what is wholesome and how to go about it. Meditation clarifies our circumstances down to this very moment of free thought and choice. The full space of the now with all the extensions of causality and virtuous possible outcomes also becomes very clear. What to do to cause the virtuous outcome becomes instantly clear, no conundrums. And this is very wonderful. No rules, departments or committees can tell us what is unwholesome. We already know and that is the basis of our individual power and freedom.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000