Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Lalita Sahasranamam
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mystiq

India
62 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2005 :  11:57:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit mystiq's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Ive just started on AYP over a week, havent missed a single session of morning and evening Pranayam and meditation. I have been practising other asanas and meditation for years.I was out of my home town yesterday and took a room in a hotel to do the meditation, after which I had a few hours to spend and walked into a spiritual book store. I am in south India, and I saw a book on Lalita Sahasranama. lalita is the mother godess who resides in us as the kundalini, and sahasranama means thousand names of her.I thought that the book was relevant to what we are doing and bought it for less than a dollar (35 rupees).It is very interesting reading and I would suggest that any friends who are interested can look it up on Google. There may be the original sanskrit and english translation versions on the net.

mystiq

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 05 2007 8:54:40 PM

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2005 :  3:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Namaskar Jacob,
Thank you for the information...this is wonderful.
One that I enjoy and listen to regularly is visnu sahasranam,
or a thousand names of Visnu. This comes from the Maha-Bharata.
If any one cares to take a look at the 1000 names ( really 1031
we have some over achievers!)...
http://www.geocities.com/honeykrish...asranama.htm

ANother that brings the blessings and protection of Visnu is the Naraya-Kavacham, as Visnu is the sustainer of this creation.

It starts with a wonderful blessing:
Om Hareer vida-dhyaan mama sarva rakshaam
May the Lord Hari protect you from all sides

It then goes on to put the "armor" on the sadhu. This Naraya-Kavacham is so powerful, that Indra asked for this protection from sage Viswarupa, for upcoming battles. You can also see this great stotra, for those that have a penchant to purse this, in the Srimad Bhagavatam (Canto 6, discourse 8). The stotra tells the native exactly how to use this Kavacham (protection/armor).

The Great Mantra Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya, can be found here.

Let Peace and protection from HIM be on all sides...

Frank In San Diego
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  8:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000