Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 S.O.S
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  02:58:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear AYP family,

The mind was hesitating to write and send this post, but the heart is in deep pain and decides to do it.
My dear friend Wael, who wrote this topic http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6233 a while ago, is in deep despair and darkness.

Loving acceptance and support won't do anymore.
He urgently needs to get out of the place he's surviving in.
Where he lives, he's constantly spied wherever he goes..
Where he lives, religious and political (extremists) parties are in control and at any moment, chaos and war can occur.. like it happened so many times in the past (and recently in 2006, when the Israeli army bombarded Beirut suburbs in reaction to Hezbollah actions)..
To put it simply, Wael has no more strength left to bear the fear and daily stress of living in an area where people can be killed for their religious identities..
He has been surviving without money, work, anything, for a while now, despite the efforts he did to deal with his situation.
And being his intimate friend, I can witness about the hell that living in Beirut suburbs is for a yogi who has a lot to share but has no mean to do it.. this is apart from the fact that living where he lives is like living in a trash bin and trying to accept all the tough conditions it involves..(and I mean it literally)

So, I'm writing or rather screaming out to ask if anyone of you, in any country, can help..
Wael is 31 years old, has the Lebanese passport and is ready to work for free in any family, organic farming or spiritual place/center/ashram/community, any place where he could give his energy with dedicated people..
He can share his experience in yoga, macrobiotic way of living, music therapy and is ready to do any service for any peaceful community.

Thank you in advance for any advice or/and practical help..

Love and Gratitude

Edited by - christiane on Oct 20 2009 03:08:43 AM

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  4:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wish him all the best wherever he might go, really. That's what I can give at this moment.. All the Love that he can get from others.. The best.. Love.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  4:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christiane,

So sorry about that.I hope somebody will give him a helping hand in this moments.But for the moment,Byron katie's work maybe can help him a lot to keep things under control.You know,its a very effective and powerful tool.
I know its a very complicated and difficult situation,but just my 2 cents...

I hope he will find a road.

We can send him samyama together from here.Ill do it.

Edited by - miguel on Oct 20 2009 4:50:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  7:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
have you looked into WWWPF?
http://www.wwoof.org/
hope that helps,
brother neil
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  11:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear christiane, I will send Wael some prayers and Love. I wish there were more I could do.

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  1:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yonatan, Miguel, Brother Neil, Cosmic, and all who were present and felt involved, thank you for the love energy you are sending..
I felt it intensively during my practices this morning.. I knew I wasn't alone.. I could almost touch the energy with my fingers.
It was a dense warm cocoon surrounding me..
and in a moment of silence and clarity I received this:

"Wael.. please remain open to receive... open up more to receive the love that is surrounding you already but you are not aware of it..
You are searching for what you are bathing in already.. just open up.. it is here.. we are so blind not to see that!
We are so blind with fear that we are searching outside what is here in and around us.."

I don't know what is gona happen to Wael.. but I want you to know that all the supportive words have been shared with him through me..

hope he will find peace soon, like I hope it for each soul here..

We are blessed to have found this family here..
And words are limited.

Much gratitude.. and peaceful joy in my heart tonight too!

I have faith.. God knows what works best for us now.
Only in fear we are blind. Only in fear and emergency we forget..

Edited by - christiane on Oct 21 2009 1:15:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  11:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
_/\_

namaste dear friend.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  3:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste dear ones,

first of all i scd brother's Neil advice: http://www.ecoecovillage.com/volunteers.php br /
this is at Damour Al Shouf here in Lebanon and some of my friends have been there and they say that it's great.

i think i know where Wael lives and it should be pointed out that not all the country is like that and that the generality here is more open and tolerant of other ideals and religions but as in any other country there are certain communities or areas where people are a bit extreme...

concerning Wael it's not my place to say or do i am not in his place all i can do is pray and offer some directions which might help.

and for sincere yogis and yoginis who are living in the middle east i think that we should be more open and understanding and never underestimate the shock which we might get from others.

i am still at a young age but my personal experience has showed me that yoga and such inner paths are not for everyone and it's not wise to push people toward them we should let things be the way they are and share the goods with the ones who are knocking and searching.

anyways it will all come by itself when the time is right and the student is ready.

L&L,

Ananda

Edited by - Ananda on Oct 22 2009 3:37:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  12:44:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

First, yes, Lebanon is not limited to a specific area.
But when an organ is sick, the whole body is threatened.
Like everywhere, there is beauty and hell.
And if the "hell" was simply about "nagging" or feeling uncomfortable between "not like-minded neighbours", I wouldn't
have talked about that here..
Yes, the hell is in the mind. We worked on it as much as we could.
But we came to a point where the pain was unbearable at all levels and practical solutions were needed.

Now I have good news today..
And I was expecting this to happen, and thanks God, and thanks to all the loving souls that have participated in this healing, including you Ananda..
Doors are finally opening for Wael, after 1 year of suffering and daily work and effort.
nothing is confirmed yet, but it seems that the light is starting to shine at the other extremity of the tunnel..
There may be - and will be! - opportunities available in the US and Canada, and this was a huge relief for Wael yesterday..
He deserves it.
Soon he will shine among other bright souls.
Soon the divine in him will come out and serve people around.
That is his only desire.. to live in a peaceful place where he can give the joy that he is.
And though a part of me is feeling sad and abandonned somehow - the selfish part! - I'm relieved to know he's close to find peace.

It's another turning point in our respective lives, both of us, and I'm preparing - not without some anxiety to be honest - to welcome the changes and challenges..

Thank you my family..

Love

Edited by - christiane on Oct 23 2009 04:58:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  12:52:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh and I forgot 1 thing Ananda!
About the Ecovillage here.... well... how to say...
we went there Wael and I, a few months ago.. to see if he could volunteer for them..
Full of hope and enthusiasm, we were quite disappointed for some reasons..
To put it simply: we were expecting to meet dynamic and dedicated people, living a healthy way of life and a clean place in harmony with nature...
What we saw was a bit far from what they claim in their website..

But anyway we learned not to expect anything and that was OUR experience..maybe other people will find it's heaven!
The only night we spent there we spent it next to our tent, chanting for hours, both of us, and this was an unforgettable experience!

Edited by - christiane on Oct 23 2009 04:59:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

wael

Lebanon
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  12:18:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit wael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't Immagine a soul can have that much love for another soul..
You were me.. more then me.. U were love.. more then love..
I bow down to you Christiane.. u deserve my life.. or what left to be..
Thank you is not enough.. love you is not enough.. only existence can give you what you deserve, through others or through me..
Only bowing down to you.. to mother love.. to godess love.. to the existence in you.. through you.. is all i can do.. cos through you all the love of god i can see..
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  12:43:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you're wellcome wael

take care.

light..love.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  12:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that's beautiful and very touching dear Wael, thk you for expressing That out in the open like that.

namaste

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  12:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
tender Chris, thinking about you now brings to mind the word "Divine mother"

a loving blissful wave of samyama from the heart to you.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

wael

Lebanon
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  1:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit wael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Miguel.. Annanda.. Others.. all the names i don't know cos i can't see names and i don't care.. cos all i see and feel is your LOVE in the same AIR..
THaNK YOU..
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  1:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
.... dono what to say.. I only know how to cry! And I'm still surprised to find tears in my eyes..thought I was finally dried up..but still there is water left!
I was just a running fountain from morning to night today.

I don't wana turn this forum into a couple's love declarations forum...
but in fact, yes, I want it!
I don't know who I am Wael..
I can't even "see" what you and others can see.. this love in me, through me.. I'm in such a blindness now..
If you feel that Love coming through me, this is what is important after all..if it was somehow a support, a tiny little support in all my selfishness and fear to loose you, thank you for this gift.. I feel less guilty now..
No matter where tomorrow you will be, please always remember that I want you to hold my hand and chant close to me when I die.
This is all I'm asking from you..
Now you don't have to wait until I die.. I'm still here you know!!

To all the brothers and sisters here, beyond words, I thank you..
You warmed up my dead heart now.. Forgive me for my weakness to feel lonely and abandonned.. I've decided not to be connected to life and God today.. just gave up and lived this day like a wandering soul in the house.

It's been one year now I'm a member of AYP..
And ironically Wael was the one who found this community first!

Tonight I will sleep more peacefully.. I'm not alone..
I have you all in my heart..
And Wael.. just love you.. as much as I can love now.

_/\_

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000