Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 background chatter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  1:52:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Lately when i have been meditating my usual subvocal mental voice and music etc seem to shift into the back of my mind while at the "front" i am trying to concentrate. Also, the stuff in the back starts becoming less consistent and breaks up, and i get bits and pieces like words popping up. Even sometimes i think i am hearing specific people i know of almost as if it is like telepathy except i get the impression that i am connecting with that person's unconscious and not their conscious mind. It is weird.

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas on what is going on?

One more thing, i noticed that parts of this inner sound or dialogue, combined with dreams, seems to be giving me more experiences of deja vu.

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  01:13:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi
Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas on what is going on?

One more thing, i noticed that parts of this inner sound or dialogue, combined with dreams, seems to be giving me more experiences of deja vu.

I have experienced this and it might be called 'Clairaudience' or something else. But as Yogani Ji says, its just a scenery

Better not get distracted by what you hear or experience.

Your perception always has the limits of your capcity not to react - Samuel Sagan
Go to Top of Page

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  08:41:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Gumpi,
Is it something like this discussed here?
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4358
I hear/see people too. Sometimes people i know sometimes not. This is all happening in background while i favor the mantra. For this is just a kind of dream which i become aware during meditation.
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  12:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

yes i think it is a form of clairaudience. I guess i have slightly more psychic ability than the average person, but nothing that others might not have if they meditated.

I rarely see things, like clairvoyance. I suppose a type of clairvoyance for me would be precognitive dreams.

And yes, they are like dreams in a lot of ways.

But the reason i asked is because i wonder how "normal" this is in terms of meditation practice. I still don't know what "inner silence" is and i certainly don't know what "pure bliss consciousness" is. Futhermore, i cannot understand how "bliss" can be divorced from God.

Speaking of inner silence, i have noticed from reading a lot and seeing websites that people speak about a thoughtless or thoughtfree state of awareness from meditation. I don't understand this at all. How is it possible for the mind to not think? It has to think in the subconscious because this is linked to memory and memory formation. We notice these subconscious thoughts popping up more in meditation, and believe me, there are TONS OF THEM!

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  2:08:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely had that experience when I first started meditation, sort of spurious voices male and female saying fragments of things. At first I kept trying to hear what was said......some voices were quite loud. It was a bit like when in peripheral vision in a dark room and shapes are visible, look at them directly and they are no longer there.

Also had loads of very real interactions with people.....like a dream, but stronger........some could be of a sexual nature (I will say no more..scenery it certainly was but amazingly erotic and inviting) which did result in a full body orgasm. Quite a trip and I did wonder if I was going to be able to keep the meditation going when this was the experience.

Now, it is no longer like that, occasional thoughts drift by in the dark, most times there is no need to connect with them, just watch them appear and vanish like clouds across the moon.

Then there are times of no thought, just an awareness of being. Sometimes during the day this happens automatically. Yesterday I was looking at the dashboard heater controls while stopped at a red light. The controls were not recognisable as things I could name, when it happens like that I feel I'm there and absent at the same time, it's like I am equal with the object, not more or less and thats when it seems I am only awareness and have no body.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  05:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

How is it possible for the mind to not think? It has to think in the subconscious because this is linked to memory and memory formation. We notice these subconscious thoughts popping up more in meditation, and believe me, there are TONS OF THEM!

a thoughtless or thoughtfree state of awareness to me is like this:

if we throw a stone in a still lake, you can see the ripples emerging and spreading on it.

your mind is actually like a still lake
the stone is the objects your senses perceive... see, feel, hear etc.
and the ripples are thoughts

a thoughtless state is when you throw the stone (or even a boulder) in the lake but there is no ripple at all.

during meditation, a state comes when you bypass the process which dilutes/filters the perceived objects. YOU ARE UTTERLY PRESENT. There is no past or future.

a dog is barking madly, you just hear it
your son enters the room and pulls out the fan cable, you just see it
you start sweating heavily and its pouring inside your eyes, you just feel it
an ant is crawling on your leg, you just watch your hand rubbing it off

subconscious thoughts pop up in the beginning stages of meditation, you have to ignore them and slowly they disappear. or try other practices that bypass this stage altogether... AYP has loads
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  9:21:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gumpi said:

quote:
that people speak about a thoughtless or thoughtfree state of awareness from meditation. I don't understand this at all. How is it possible for the mind to not think?

Gumpi, it is. From personal experience, it is, both within meditation and without.

From within meditation came from dedicated meditation practices.

From without came after reading Tolle's book 'A New Earth', when he suggested that when we're stressed, living in the future or reliving the past or whatever...that we pause and completely focus on our breath. Perhaps it is different for you, but when I fully focus on the breath, there is no 'thinking' happening. And it brings you out of the anger, fear, future or past thinking and back to right now. Well, it does me anyway. It takes a moment. Repeat through the day periodically as you can.

This has been very helpful to me recently as I've worked through some difficult issues that bring my mind to a spin. I focus on the breath, break all thought, and come back to the present.

The deepest, profound state of pure being-ness, with no thought cannot be described. If you will just perservere with your meditation practice you may also experience it.

Kathy

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000