Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 SBP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  12:39:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
is full body breathing, in the theory of AYP goint to light the chakras the same as spinal breathing? Meaning if I dont consciously fix on the nerve, just the body expanding. and since spinal breathing is to calm things out, can it be overdone lik DM can?
thanks
Neil

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  1:12:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi brother neil,

In my experience full body breathing, or Yogic breathing does not have the same effect on the subtle nervous system as spinal breathing does.

Spinal breathing pranayama does calm the body and mind, but it also activates prana in the body, so it can be overdone just like Deep Meditation.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  10:33:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you christi, or is it christ i
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  06:33:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by brother neil

thank you christi, or is it christ i

Actually it's Christ I and I, but I like to keep it short.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  06:52:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
p.s.

For all the advaita fans in the forum, here is the Wikipedia entry on the term "I and I" from the Rastafarian tradition:

I replaces "me", which is much more commonly used in Jamaican English than in the more conventional forms. Me is felt to turn the person into an object whereas I emphasises the subjectivity of an individual.

I and I is a complex term, referring to the oneness of Jah (God) and every human. Rastafari scholar E. E. Cashmore: "I and I is an expression to totalize the concept of oneness, the oneness of two persons. So God is within all of us and we're one people in fact. The bond of Ras Tafari is the bond of God, of man. But man itself needs a head and the head of man is His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I (always pronounced as the letter 'I,' never as the number one or 'the first') of Ethiopia." The term is often used in place of "you and I" or "we" among Rastafari, implying that both persons are united under the love of Jah. See also: mysticism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastaf...n_vocabulary

Christi
Go to Top of Page

dharmaboy

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  7:29:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit dharmaboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi. That is good info. I've always wondered why people would use that term.

One Love,
dharmaboy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000