AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 What is love?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  02:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"What is love?"
"The total absence of fear," said the Master.
"What is it we fear?"
"Love," said the Master.

Anthony De Mello

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  11:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love this Emc - thanks for posting

Yes....aren't we crazy....going around fearing the very fact we enjoy the most

Anyway.....it's quite amazing....the way our lables limit and veil everything that takes place. The other day.....while waking up in the morning into a feeling of what was labled fear (much surfacing here regarding the move to Ireland :)......it was so evident that what mind calls "fear" is simply the very contraction itself. It is saying "no" like this....that is the pain and we lable it fear. In staying open to the feeling.....I am immediately where I am....and no story happens....and so the feeling occupied much less space and ebbed after a very short while....replaced by what felt like a "kiss" in heart :)

The intuitive feeling of danger is a very useful message in nature. One moves instinctivly without thought. Lives are saved this way.

But fear is not intuitive, is it....it has nothing to do with any real danger...only the death of what we think we are.

Thanks again for Anthony De Mellos lovely quote

Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  2:52:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

"What is love?"
"What is it we fear?"
"Love," said the Master.

Anthony De Mello

SO true!!! We fear the total absence of fear itself!!
We are attached to our fear!!!
such a deep attachment!

thank u.

Love

Edited by - christiane on Oct 01 2009 2:56:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  3:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
SO true!!! We fear the total absence of fear itself!!
We are attached to our fear!!!
such a deep attachment!

Thank you Christiane

Yes. We fear emptiness...the nothingness. Simply because we haven't yet experienced that it is this that is the very love....

Here...if there is fear upon me .....it always starts with a thought......and it is the attachment to this thought that escaltes into a feeling.......and further attachment happens...

I have adopted this expression from Irish...they don't say "I'm afraid...they say "fear is upon me".....I find that very beautiful....thank you people in Allihies, Cork who taught me their language

Often when in situations that trigger fear - I am not aware of the first thought....it happens so quickly...and before I know it I am drowning in the feeling.

So once again...awareness is all. And the willingness to stay open to anything that arises inside. Because...it is experienced here...that life exposes one to Love more than anything. It is just that we need gentleness, time and practices like AYP and others to transcend ourselves and then live in accordance with what we have seen to be true.

And this can be implemented NOW. We all have our level of integrity. Staying true to it (which often includes the experience of what happens when not staying true)....will make even fear bearable....since it will be embraced again and again to the inside of our ever widening comfort zone

Let's open to the fear....and be touched by that in which none of it would happen to begin with.

A
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  07:13:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

"What is love?"
"What is it we fear?"
"Love," said the Master.

Anthony De Mello

Thanks emc that,s beautýful, and thanks to Chrýstýne and Katrýne also
From Turkey enjoyýng the sun.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  10:13:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle
[From Turkey enjoyýng the sun.

Hey Sparkle! Won't you come pay us a visit on your way?
We are very close geographically now :)

Love
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  09:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Christiane
Back in ireland today, thanks for the offer. Funny on the way into the boarding area there were three flights showing, one to Ireland and one of the others was Tel Aviv. I was with two others and we were joking about possible landing in TA. Maybe some day, or maybe you can come to a retreat in South Turkey next year
Go to Top of Page

joacub

Ireland
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  8:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit joacub's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc, cathrine and sparkle! Hope to see u all soon! love, brianooooooooooooooo
Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  02:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

"What is love?"
"What is it we fear?"
"Love," said the Master.

Anthony De Mello

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000