Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Who are you?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  10:13:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Yogani Ji

I have read upto page 68 of your 'Eight Limbs of Yoga' book and recommend it to everyone who finds interest in AYP.

On page 67 you have mentioned "It is good to keep in mind that automatic yoga is not going to be cognizant of our limit for accommodating purification and opening in a given period of time. Rather, automatic yoga is an impulse to have it all right now. This is not possible without a high probability of undergoing extreme discomfort, and then not being able to continue."

Two days ago, while doing Shirsasana in automatic yoga, I felt a minor twitch in the back of my neck. I ignored it as I had similar twitches almost everyday while doing this asana. But this time the automatic yoga immediately abandoned the asana and I started moving backwards (like a cow).

I was confused what has happened as normally the asana ends when the energy is fully thrown into the head and then I stand up and bow down to my Ishtas. But on that day, it backed off immediately after that twitch.

Only after about 30 minutes of getting out from the witness state, I realised I had a sprain in my neck! And it was painful. I kept an erect neck the next whole day and night. Just now I have started feeling better.

My question is, like I have said before, it really feels like I am possessed by an intelligent being or a Yogi.

Before reading your book, I had come to realise that proper rest after the asanas is very important. My body walks around an object (if I am in the room) or a tree (if I am outside) after I am done with my meditation to slowly get me out of the witness state. Sometimes I become impatient and get an impulse like "I need truth right now no matter what happens to me", but the inner guru never lets the energy go out of control. Its like somebody is watching all the progress. Like having a Guru with you all the time and telling you to cool off.

I really feel there is a higher being apart from the automatic yoga that is helping me out.

If I ask it "Who are you?"... it makes Mudras with my hands (gyana and others) + Indian namaskar (joining both hands) and also Shaolin style namaskar (fist joined with the palm of other hand). IT NEVER SPEAKS or WRITES!

If I ask "Why you are here?"... it touches the 7 seven chakras on my body from bottom to top and then gestures a release of energy from the top of the crown.

When I was about to download your book, I gave a second thought that should I buy it or not? You won't believe it !!! My eyes focused on the ORDER NOW button as if someone inside forced me to don't think and just order!!

Few years ago while reading my favorite book for the third time (Adhyatama Upanishad) it told me in gestures as if it was telling me "Now stop reading the books... I am the book of all books! You don't need books anymore."

Exorcists say I am not possessed. I showed the gestures to a well know Guru (Osho Siddharth Ji of www.oshodhara.org.in) and he told me that even if he knows he won't tell me anything and that I have to find out myself.

What is this? Is it a yogi's spirit using my body to do yoga for his Nirvana? Is it my past? or a higher being come to my aid?

When the disciple is ready, master will appear!

Your experienced guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much
Mani

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  11:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is your inner guru. Everyone has one. He gives you perfect guidance.
It is futile to try and find a name for him, because he doesn't have one. Names are part of our dual reality, and the inner guru comes from non-duality. He is the part of yourself that connects with infinite knowledge.
If you put your energy into trying to find out about your inner guru you will waste energy.
Your guru is there to perfectly guide you and cannot be understood by your everyday brain.
Instead of asking who he is, use his power to improve yourself.
Ask him to show you how to rid yourself of the desire to know who he is. Or ask him why you have that desire.

By asking who he is you are trying to force reality into a pattern you can understand. Maybe you have read stories of great gurus visiting somebody. Your ego wants to boost itself with a great name so you can feel important. But the ego has no place on your path.

Your inner guru only guides you to perfection. If you ask questions about things that don't guide you on the path, they won't be answered.

Edited by - Etherfish on Sep 26 2009 11:21:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  11:33:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Manig:

I agree with the earlier advice that this is a relationship that is for you to explore and develop. I would only suggest to favor a balance, because wide open automatic yoga can lead to injury and delay on our path, as discussed in the Eight Limbs book, and many other places in the AYP writings. It is really at the core of self-pacing for maximum progress with safety.

Regarding Shirsasana (head stand), do be careful, because improper alignment and/or overdoing can lead to physical injury. Here are my 2 cents on it, along with thoughts from others: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...._ID=833#3459

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  11:38:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing experiences maniq.

The inner guru is a real gift!

Edited by - miguel on Sep 26 2009 11:39:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  1:59:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

It is your inner guru.

Perhaps you are right that its the inner guru. I feel like that too when I meditate but...

Its not that I feel important but I just wanted to make sure I am not splitt/possessed or a person with intertwined memory of past/present life etc etc or just being used by someone who does not have a body of his own.

I haven't asked any questions to him from last 3 years... neither I talk about it with anyone.

I guess I have to wait bit more.

Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  2:01:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

All the best!

Thanks Yogani Ji for the asana tip. I got long hair so they get in way when I do Shirsasana. I will go see the barber first thing tomorrow morning.

Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  2:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
"It is good to keep in mind that automatic yoga is not going to be cognizant of our limit for accommodating purification and opening in a given period of time. Rather, automatic yoga is an impulse to have it all right now. This is not possible without a high probability of undergoing extreme discomfort, and then not being able to continue."

Page 67 , Eight Limbs of Yoga.

I could'nt agree more.

Just a cautionary reminder about the value of self-pacing( or risk of charging full-steam ahead), seeing as we have all the tools in place to facilitate safe steady progress -ie AYP,a full-scope approach.If you didn't do that, there could be a lot of back-peddling and delay (and a great deal of discomfort)...

Deep Meditation should help tame auto-pilot and put you in touch with inner guru.SbP willl help iron out any energy imbalances and disturbances,smooth out the prana.

If you work consistently with the core tools you should be fine but i would not recommend sirsasana in the early stages of ayp, unless you were already doing that throughout, and came here already strong in asana. It might be liable to compress the ribcage(not to mention the neck in which case the bregma variation may be better),though everyone is different.

Too slow is always preferable to too fast.So you intuit the balance the best you can.

Just to add here- i think it's the ego that want's to charge ahead-
quote:

'automatic yoga is an impulse to have it all right now'

You can play with this but it is too easy to go over the edge.You never reallise what that edge was, at the time, of course.

Edited by - Akasha on Sep 26 2009 2:26:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  7:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manig

[quote]

Its not that I feel important but I just wanted to make sure I am not splitt/possessed or a person with intertwined memory of past/present life etc etc or just being used by someone who does not have a body of his own.

I haven't asked any questions to him from last 3 years... neither I talk about it with anyone.

I guess I have to wait bit more.

Namaste.

You don't have to worry about being possesed if you are fully aware of everything going on. It is your awareness that occupies you body and leaves no room for possesion.
You don't have to wait to ask questions. Ask about every little thing you wonder about, then let it go and forget about it. The answers come later.
Go to Top of Page

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  02:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Akasha

It might be liable to compress the ribcage(not to mention the neck in which case the bregma variation may be better),though everyone is different.

Just to add here- i think it's the ego that want's to charge ahead-
quote:

'automatic yoga is an impulse to have it all right now'

You can play with this but it is too easy to go over the edge.You never reallise what that edge was, at the time, of course.

Hi Akasha

I always ground myself and pray so I have no imbalances or disturbances of any kind.

I got this sprain when I tilted the head forward letting the back of my head touch the ground... but I made a mistake of letting the neck take full body load for a moment... and then the twitch :(

Just wanted to add that during Shirsasana, its not that I just stand on my head with legs straight up.

At times, the body (above neck) would twist once left, once right.
The head would tilt forward and backward (while the body weight is put fully on arms) so that I can let my forehead, crown, and back of head touch the ground. Energy/Prana/Semen? flows down from testicles to these areas then.
Legs would go apart and meet again.
One leg comes down, goes up and then the other one.
Both legs come down suddenly with great force (I AM SURE its a safety measure) and then go back up.
And I also go cross legged in this asana.

I take wall support too sometimes.

All is going smooth... and I really don't think the automatic yoga I get is just an impulse to have it all right now... its fairly systematic and controlled. The only time things go wrong is when I become careless. Like this twitch I had.
Go to Top of Page

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  04:05:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish
You don't have to worry about being possesed if you are fully aware of everything going on.

Thanks Etherfish!

Becoming aware is fun isn't it?

Just be aware

of your unawareness

of your tiredness

of your boredom

of your becoming witness

of your becoming super normal

in the middle of having experiences

in the middle of automatic yoga

in the middle of work

in the middle of eating

in the middle of walking

in the middle of laughing

in the middle of sleeping

in the middle of dreaming

Make it your mantra "Just Be Aware... Just Be Aware... Just Be Aware"

We love to sleep, to become unaware... we have been sleeping from many many lives so its very hard to keep ourselves awake/aware all the time.

Moving higher (upper chakras) is to become more aware, moving down (lower chakras) is to become unaware.

Our body/mind/nervous system has to be developed so that it becomes capable of becoming Pure Awareness.

So that not even 1% of sleep, of unawareness remains in us. And then... :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000