Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Mother Meera
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tam Phap

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  3:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tam Phap's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear friends,

I wrote the following after having Darshan for the second time with Mother Meera and thought I would post it here for your interest...

Discovering Mother Meera
Phil Rossner (Tam Phap), 2009

Last year, a good friend in Victoria asked if I might be interested in accompanying him and his wife to a Darshan with Mother Meera in Washington State. As a long-time follower of the Buddhist path, I did not have a complete understanding of what was involved in a Darshan. I did some investigating online and found out that Mother Meera’s Darshan is given in silence – that each person takes a turn in front of Mother, whereby she touches both sides of your head at your temples and then, when she removes her hands, you look up into her eyes. When she lowers her gaze, your Darshan with Mother is complete. Intriguing…

I have always enjoyed learning about new cultures, religions and spiritual practices, so I thought it would be very interesting to see what Mother Meera was all about. Also, in my own spiritual practice I was starting to realize the difficulty and limitations of imparting spiritual experience through the use of words and therefore savoured the idea of a teacher who imparted her blessings in complete silence. As such, I proceeded to register online and, on the specified date, five of us jumped into my friends’ car for the ferry trip to Vancouver, then down through the border to Bellingham, Washington. After a five hour wait at the border crossing, we were finally on our way. It was a glorious sunny day and, on reaching the outskirts of Bellingham, we headed due east towards Deming, where the Darshan was being held.

Showing up a bit late due to the long border crossing, we gingerly entered the theatre of the school – transformed, as it were, to a Darshan hall. There, up on stage, was a woman who looked to me like she was perhaps in her early to mid-30’s (I found out later, she was actually 48…). She was dressed in a beautiful Sari and was receiving people, one after the other, from a line that extended across the stage, down onto the floor and right up the centre aisle and around the wall of theatre. Many others were sitting quietly in the seats. Apart from the rustling of clothes as people moved along in the line, there was complete silence. I removed my shoes and took my place in the line. After about 30 minutes of slowly inching forward, I found myself in front of Mother Meera. As I bent forward, she lightly placed her fingers on either side of my head. After a few seconds, she removed her hands and I looked up into her eyes, though I remembered, after the fact, that I seemed to be focused only on her right eye. It was like a deep pool. She blinked once, then lowered her head. I bowed and shuffled out of the way, then stood, walked off stage and found a seat in the audience. I should mention at this point that I really had no preconceptions of what might occur during or after my Darshan “experience”. However, a couple of things took place which are worthy of mention. First, sitting quietly after Darshan, I found that my mind was like a clear pool with not a ripple on it. I was floating in space. After sitting for 30 minutes or so, the Darshan concluded and we all stood as Mother left the stage. I went outside and lay out flat on the warm grass with my arms extended. Right away I felt a curious pressure in the centre of both my palms that remained for at least 15 minutes or so. People were leaving and when our group gathered, we all got in the car and started heading back home. We shared our experiences, enjoyed the day and whisked through the border crossing in less than 10 minutes. Though the trip was, at the very least, an interesting experience, it was in the ensuing months that I believe some subtle transformations were definitely happening with my spiritual practice. I felt my heart chakra open and past fears fall away. I felt a great, loving energy running through me, which was consciously conceived as an inner “love of self” which then radiated out to the world. I started to accept and trust in life to the fullest extent. I could feel a shift in all aspects of my being…

A few months after my Darshan experience, I sent off an email to the address on the Mother Meera website, saying that I would be happy to help organize a Darshan if Mother would, at some time in the future, be interested in coming to Vancouver Island. I must admit that I was quite surprised when, a couple of months later, I had a call from a lady in Calgary called Leela, who I found out was instrumental in Mother’s visits to Western Canada (the only Darshan in Western Canada previously had been in Calgary, at Leela’s request). She thanked me for my interest and mentioned that Mother was planning on coming back to Canada in March, 2009 and that they were thinking Vancouver would be a good place as there had not been a Darshan there before. I suggested that I felt that Victoria & Vancouver Island would also be very welcoming of Mother, but relented that Vancouver may be a good first step and that we could hopefully have Mother visit us on Vancouver Island in 2010. I offered my volunteer services to help in any way that I could to make the Vancouver Darshan a success. I suggested that St. Andrews-Wesley United Church in downtown Vancouver may be a good place to hold Darshan as I had noticed that Adyashanti would be giving a Satsang there in July, 2009. After a number of phone calls to other possible venues, it was decided that we should go with the church. On the morning of March 25th, I headed over to Vancouver with a car full of people to attend my second Darshan with Mother. Leela had asked me to give a verbal introduction to the people attending the 2pm Darshan. With an estimated 450 people gathered in the vacuous sanctuary of the church, I proceeded to go over the details of the Darshan, having to repeat myself several times as my voice could not be heard by the folks closer to the back. Feeling somewhat flattered to have had this honour bestowed upon me, but admittedly a little flustered, I made my way to the back of the church, occasionally stopping on the way in order to answer the odd question by members of the audience. Sitting quietly at the back, Leela came up to me and whispered that I should join the line and take Darshan if I hadn’t done so already. I moved into the line and within 10 minutes found myself, once again, accepting Darshan from Mother Meera. The now familiar touch at my temples, the raising of my head to look into her eyes – both eyes this time, which seemed to perhaps be probing… something deeper within… then lowering her head. Finding my way off the stage, I went out to the entrance and breathed in the fresh air. Another beautiful sunny day – just like last time! When I came back in, there seemed to have been a minor “glitch” and Mother had left the stage. The organizers went through the instructions once again to further clarify the procedure and then Mother returned to the stage. Leela came to me and asked if I would sit on stage with Mother so that I could place a chair in front of Mother for anyone who found kneeling painful or uncomfortable. I was sitting not 6 feet away from her, but I now remember that I did not look at her once. It was very strange now that I think about it - almost like her physical form was not important. After 15 minutes or so, I was replaced by another volunteer and I went to the back of the church to sit and meditate. Some extraordinary things started to happen… I had a pressure at my ajna chakra (third eye) and starting having slight, involuntary body movements. My mind was like a blank slate – no thoughts – the calm pool I had experienced at last Darshan. At one point I felt myself floating in space above the church. My meditation was soon broken when I was asked to please assist with some other aspect of the event.

All in all, my second Darshan with Mother Meera was beautiful and uplifting. I am convinced that her presence and her offering of Darshan is a great gift that she freely gives to the world, completely devoid of pretence and overflowing with love.

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  4:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tam Phap

Thank you for the beautiful sharing of your sacred encounter with Mother Meera.

She was brought to my attention here on the forum in a post by Christi (thank you Christi) some 2-3 years ago. I wrote to her 4 times all together over that year, and many shifts happened during that period.....there has been a connection ever since. There is a picture of her on the fridge in the kitchen.....her eyes are to drown in, and the fact that her ....transmission.... takes place in complete silence is very.....I am greatly attracted to it.

I never met her, but she reminds me of Amma, and I hope to attend Mother Meeras Darshan the next time she is in London or if she ever comes to Dublin (there is a chance that she will, if enough people report interest).

The great peace....floating in space..... you experienced after her Darshan is very telling of the quality of her work. Also - isn't it wonderful how your own service...through mothers space... led to a deeper contact within.....

To give.... is amazingly beneficial....for all involved.

Thanks again for sharing
Go to Top of Page

Simon

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  03:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Simon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Tam Phap,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Mother Meera. I also attended two of her Darshans in Berlin a few weeks ago. In February a good friend of mine was telling me about Mother Meera and that she was coming to Berlin in April. He had reserved two places for us. Up to that point I have never heard of her but, curious of everything spiritual as I am, I was very much looking forward to seeing her myself.

The darshan exceeded all my expectations. The first evening I could already feel Mother Meera's presence before she entered the hall. I remember one guy from the staff who made quite an impression on me because of the light and radiance his eyes and he himself were emitting.
There were about 300-400 people attending the Darshan, it lasted about 3 hours in total silence.
After Mother Meera entered the room, a very deep and strong silence was at once spreading throughout the whole hall. I've never experienced anything similar before, and I have been to several satsangs with different gurus in my life. I was breathtaking. My mind was erased of all thoughts and I experienced true bliss and peace throughout the whole three hours. The guy next to me, who seemed quite anxious at first, had tears all over his face after some time. After the Darshan was over my freind and I were all smiles. We immediately decided to come to the second darshan the next evening and we even got seats without having reservated before. We also already have reservated places for a Darshan in a nearby town within the coming months.

On the occasion of the second Darshan I entered a state of no-breathing. I sat there for about one or two minuts without having the slightest need to breath. I felt energy rushing up and down my spine and eventually bursted out laughing and interrupted the silcence for a moment.

All in all it was just awesome and I will definitely visit her many more times. Luckily she also lives in Germany, not that far away from me.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  04:18:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Simon

All in all it was just awesome and I will definitely visit her many more times. Luckily she also lives in Germany, not that far away from me.

Namaste

Could you please tell me in which city she lives ?

Love and Light
Wolfgang

Edited by - Wolfgang on May 10 2009 04:19:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Simon

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  2:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hallo Wolfgang,

http://home.arcor.de/maatrix/dir/Mu...eeraDir.html

Servus :)
Go to Top of Page

Simon

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  5:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
English version ... http://home.arcor.de/maatrix/dir/DirE.html

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  12:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tank you so much, Simon for these links! I'm also very attracted to Mother Meera and I have the intention of seeing her one day!
Go to Top of Page

Tam Phap

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  4:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tam Phap's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
<br>
The darshan exceeded all my expectations.

Hi Simon,
I am glad you had the opportunity to experience Darshan with Mother. The one aspect, apart from all the "experiences", that I really love about her Darshan, is that it is held in SILENCE. There are so many teachers out there imparting words, words and more words, that it is a nice change to be part of a spiritual gathering in complete silence.
Metta,
Phil
Go to Top of Page

Simon

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  04:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Simon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Tam Phap, I also thought that holding the Darshan in silence contributed greatly to the overall experience. It creates a very special atmosphere when so many people come together in silence. Great idea of her...

There's also a book about Mother Meera
Martin Goodman: "In Search of the Divine Mother"

But I'm not really sure, if I want to read a book about Mother Meera. I think for me it's hust good as it is. Coming to her Darshan. Sitting in silence. Looking into her eyes. Peace.

Edited by - Simon on May 13 2009 05:08:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  10:10:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For those in eastern Canada and northeast USA, Mother Meera will be giving darshan September 30, October 1 in Quebec and October 4-5 in Stamford, Connecticut.

Reservations can be made through the following websites:

Canada: http://meremeeradarshancanada.com
USA: http://www.mothermeeranortheast.com

Love and Light,
Steve
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000