Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Consciousness, Appearances, Self, Enlightenment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  10:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hi All,

Every wisdom tradition does its best to point us to the reality -- the experiencing -- the knowing -- that it's (realization, enlightenment, liberation) --about the awareness .... that we are the awareness .... and not about the form ... any form (thoughts, feelings, opinions, evaluations, beliefs, memories, imaginations, fears, hopes, attachments, aversions, etc. etc.).

... and I felt this quote from Tau Malachi, from the Gnostic Christian Kabbalah view ... articulated this foundational truth ... very nicely:

"It is as though in a dream, asleep and dreaming we are deceived by what appears, believing that it has an independent and substantial self-existence separate and apart from us, and believing ourselves to have an independent and substantial self-existence separate and apart from the ground or source from which it all arises.

Thus, in this dualistic consciousness, this ignorance, we grasp at what arises, believing it to be substantial and absolutely real, although, in truth, it is a relative reality, and is empty of any independent and substantial self-existence, subjective, not objective as it seems.

From this self-grasping, the play of desire and fear arises, and with it the law of cause and effect, and asleep and dreaming, but unaware that we are dreaming, whether some heavenly dream or hellish nightmare, or something in between, we remain in ignorance and in bondage to the law, and everything that transpires is, indeed, a relative reality to us, real in our experience of it.

Whatever arises in this state of unconsciousness, forgetfulness, we are fated to experience and have little, if any, choice about it; but when we recognize and remember that we are asleep and dreaming, and begin to awaken in the dream, all of a sudden the we have the power of choice and the dream can be transformed, and it can even be dissolved into its root, the essence and nature of consciousness from which it has arisen.
"

~Tau Malachi, Sophian Fellowship (Gnostic Christian Kabbalah)

Actual power emanates from the silent awareness ... the silent awareness behind thought constructs, behind what conditioned thought thinks of as "the mind" ... the clear, original awareness actually reading and understanding these words.

There's nothing to figure out, or deal with -- there's only shifting from focus on form --- to openness as the silent awareness now, in which all forms appear.

"Me", "my life", "my memories", "my fears", "my hopes", etc. .... are all an intrinsic part of the dreaming being transcended now.

You are the awareness itself ... always already complete, perfect, whole ... always already real.

Tattvam Asi

You Are That.

(aka This, aka Now)

No matter whether you're perceiving your computer screen ... or having a thought about this morning ... or noticing your sense of which vegetable you like the most ..... all these things appear in-from clear awareness.

It's the clear awareness you (we, each, all) actually are, now.

NOT any of the appearances.

Get this .............. and you get it all.

Intending the simple freedom of enlightenment for all,

_/\_

Kirtanman

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2009 :  11:57:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kirtanman,

Thanks for sharing the Sophian website. It truly is a treasure house for our spirit and learning ... much appreciated. Have enjoyed many of the postings you have shared from there.

Love and Light,
Steve
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000