Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Before Kundalini erupts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  5:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone,
Last night I did 50 minutes of sitting meditation before bed, just sensing the inner body, listening from the inner body. I start by feeling the hands; they become a cloud of magnetic sensation. Then I feel the feet until they also feel like that. My brow area goes numb with the same kind of feeling. I kept letting go and just feeling and trying to listen to the silence from my inner body. Towards the end of the session my whole body felt like a cloud of warm magnetic bliss. The time passed very quickly.

I did that meditation for 35 minutes this morning.

After lunch, when I sat at my desk, my perineum area started pulsing and getting very sensitive. It feels like I'm about to orgasm or explode into bliss. I also feel heat through my body. I've had five waves of goose bumps/ecstatic waves travel up to my crown so far. This whole episode has lasted three hours now. It's kind of uncomfortable and very distracting. If I get up and walk around it helps a bit but if I relax and focus on the feelings, I get a surge of tension/heat/tingles up through my heart area into my head. There is also a kind of tension in my solar plexus area.

Are these signs or symptoms that I'm about to have a major kundalini release?

Have you ever experienced these symptoms before a kundalini release?

Any comment is greatly appreciated.

TI

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  6:33:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
if u feel your body in meditation u will generate psychic heat, which is the same as physical heat except you're doing it with your mind rather than being next to something that is warm. this will continue as long as u continue to do this meditation. i dont know what it is you are trying to accomplish with this technique? when kundalini is awakened it is a one time thing, it becomes raised and locked in the brain (activity may or may not occur in the spine), that is the only time i felt heat at my 3rd eye in the brain, after that no more heat or fire. in AYP it is recommended to not focus on any particular chakra or area, let it unfold and activity will occur at the 3rd eye and crown on its own
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  8:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by michaelangelo7

if u feel your body in meditation u will generate psychic heat, which is the same as physical heat except you're doing it with your mind rather than being next to something that is warm. this will continue as long as u continue to do this meditation. i dont know what it is you are trying to accomplish with this technique? when kundalini is awakened it is a one time thing, it becomes raised and locked in the brain (activity may or may not occur in the spine), that is the only time i felt heat at my 3rd eye in the brain, after that no more heat or fire. in AYP it is recommended to not focus on any particular chakra or area, let it unfold and activity will occur at the 3rd eye and crown on its own

Hi Michaelangelo,
Thank you for your response. :)

This technique is Tolle technique to experience presence, or the now. It is very similar to Adyashanti's meditations and to the Buddhist "letting be" or "just sit in silence". The goal is to stand out of the way and let things unfold on their own, without interference.

I'm very familiar with AYP lessons, have most of books and have studied and practiced many techniques regularily.

I've read many accounts of varying kundalini releases, sometimes it's a one time deal, other times it is not. It is kind of unpredictable. Perhaps I have just answered my own question. ?

What I would like to know is about the perineum sensitivity, whether anyone else has experienced that... and what to expect. The feeling is very intense and seems to have augmented my flow of upward energies.

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  9:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

*SOME* kinda release, anyway .....!

Okay ...... butt seriously, now ....

(Actually seriously ............)

Yes, I've had this.

To the point of a former boss once asking me: "Are you okay??"

Like most other seeming overload symptoms, it's, well ..... an overload symptom.

I used to be of the "if it's not too bothersome, just go with it" school of thought on such things ... but changed my view/approach on that a while back (couple of years or so) .... mostly because I noticed that if the near-term (next day or two) symptoms are major .... that there may *well* be "follow-on" symptoms that are more major.

And so, if I didn't self-pace at such times, I basically "paid for it", in a way I didn't like (nothing terrible ever happened ... just additional//longer discomfort).

One important note:

Physical/energetic symptoms were often followed by emotional/mental symptoms (depression-type moods for a day or few, "general malaise", emotional over-sensitivity, fuzzy-headedness, etc.)

When I really got the "hang" *and* the wisdom of self-pacing, these symptoms reduced about 90% or so, at least.

And so ..... sounds like kind of a classic case of overdoing .... and getting some interesting side-effects.

I wouldn't say there's any actual indication of a "major release" ........ major releases themselves are usually a case of overdoing practices.

Most people, including many/most people here @ AYP, are really just learning that the "dramatic stuff" (energetically and/or emotionally, mostly) either doesn't have to be experienced ... or can be experienced with a bare minimum of discomfort, compared to "conventional wisdom" about kundalini.

True openings that are part of the kundalini/awakening process are universally positive, and carry with them a sense of greater peace, expansiveness and openness.

Sometimes there's an "acute phase" just prior -- a constriction of sorts, on some level ... but it's usually minimal and short-lived.

If you're dealing with that (per your mention of constriction) .... what you're experiencing currently probably *is* the "major" portion of the opening .... the release itself usually feels like a pleasant "Ahhhhh" on some level.

That was my experience:

That general sense of udana being augmented is the result I experienced, the couple of times I had the "perineum flutter"//manipura-area tension//related ecstatic energies symptoms.

Continued sessions of the length and type you describe may exacerbate those symptoms.

Maybe not, though .... re-reading your description, I realize you're not talking about AYP meditation .... and I can't really say what the exact energetic effects of that type of meditation might be.

Hope this helps ..... and, as Yogani has said on at least a few occasions:

"Slow and steady wins the race."

Heart Is Where The AUM Is,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Sep 17 2009 9:13:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  10:39:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice post Kirtanman.

Hi TI,
quote:

For whatever it is worth and this may not apply to you, but I used to spend a lot of time increasing the inner energy in a variety of ways as I seemed to believe that a big kundalini release would usher in an unheralded awakening of permanent enlightenment. I was just waiting for the moment everything would light up like a Christmas tree inside and then that would be it, the work here would be done. Not so fast unfortunately.

It has been my experience that those energy related symptoms are just that, energy related symptoms and shouldn't be confused with the silent beingness that we are: nothingness watching. When we rest in silence, we are revealed. Not an exploding, but an expanding from a quiet heart.

So energy moves through us and all that intense sensation is just the friction from that energy against our inner tensions, resistances and a unconscious lack of acceptance to the flow of life.

Once all the hoopla settles down, then the view is clear to see and know the truth of what we are. Just like when the ripples from a stone thrown into the lake have to settle before the water becomes clear... that is of course unless the lake is polluted!

Edited by - Anthem on Sep 17 2009 10:42:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  03:19:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,

From my experience, all the symptoms you mentionned could possibly come before a major rush of Kundalini.
I've been going through the same situation you are describing for the last 48 hours.
My advice would be not to pay too much attention to the whole thing..
Just notice the sensations and be wise not to push the energy too much if it's starting to feel uncomfortable (as you said).
Maybe try to have a break from the practices and let the energy move its way until things settle down a little bit.

Wish you a smooth opening.

Love
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  12:35:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Re-reading my post, I would like to mention that I had a major kundalini rush with a final 'burst' in the ajna and up.
Since that day (5 days ago), I have too much energy running up and down, find it difficult to sleep (and sleep less), and the symptoms we talked about are still present after this last 'event'.
It's a mix of tension in the spine, pain and intense pleasure.
A slight touch on the ajna triggers tension in the spine and orgasmic sensations that seem not limited in time..
So, the best thing is to follow the energy and not rationalize anything... Just love this Life energy and follow the dance.. open up the doors for Her so she moves up freely.

_/\_
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  3:11:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman
(Actually seriously ............)

Yes, I've had this.

To the point of a former boss once asking me: "Are you okay??"

Like most other seeming overload symptoms, it's, well ..... an overload symptom.
. . .

Hope this helps ..... and, as Yogani has said on at least a few occasions:

"Slow and steady wins the race."

Heart Is Where The AUM Is,

Kirtanman

Hi Kirtanman,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write so much, and funny too. It is nice to know that these symptoms are shared..

I don't really view what is happening to me as overload symptoms. On a very simple level, I think that when you let go, stand out of the way and feel your inner body, energy moves into the body and fills it. When you "feel" your inner body and use it to listen to silence, like Eckhart Tolle suggests, it takes energy or consciousness away from the mind and the mind eventually shuts off. Once the mind is out of the way, the energy starts to fill the body, hitting the root chakra first. From there it moves upwards.
This all reminds me of something I once read about Edgar Cayce on meditation.
Here is the link:
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/cayce12.html
The part that resonates here is this:
quote:
As the individual sits in meditation, his mind focused on an affirmation (an ideal), spiritual energy begins to move upward from the sexual glands. Usually, at this point, a pulsation may be felt at the end of the spine. If the spiritual force has been able to rise unhindered and undefiled to the pineal and pituitary, one may experience an incandescence as if the whole body had been filled with light and become transparent.

Thanks again for your response. :)

TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  3:16:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

It has been my experience that those energy related symptoms are just that, energy related symptoms and shouldn't be confused with the silent beingness that we are: nothingness watching. When we rest in silence, we are revealed. Not an exploding, but an expanding from a quiet heart.

So energy moves through us and all that intense sensation is just the friction from that energy against our inner tensions, resistances and a unconscious lack of acceptance to the flow of life.

Once all the hoopla settles down, then the view is clear to see and know the truth of what we are. Just like when the ripples from a stone thrown into the lake have to settle before the water becomes clear... that is of course unless the lake is polluted!

Hi Anthem,
A certain depth of peace and knowledge is radiating from your response.
Thank you very much. :)

TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  3:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by christiane

Re-reading my post, I would like to mention that I had a major kundalini rush with a final 'burst' in the ajna and up.
Since that day (5 days ago), I have too much energy running up and down, find it difficult to sleep (and sleep less), and the symptoms we talked about are still present after this last 'event'.
It's a mix of tension in the spine, pain and intense pleasure.
A slight touch on the ajna triggers tension in the spine and orgasmic sensations that seem not limited in time..
So, the best thing is to follow the energy and not rationalize anything... Just love this Life energy and follow the dance.. open up the doors for Her so she moves up freely.

_/\_

Hi Christiane,
Thank you very much for your response.

You've described it well. Yes, "It's a mix of tension in the spine, pain and intense pleasure." Reminds me of the song, "Hurts So Good".

After I finished reading your posts I was filled with waves of goosebumps inside and outside, rushing upwards to the sky and out from my heart. I think your response precipitated some kind of sympathetic resonation in me.

Thanks again for the confirmation and sharing.

And good luck with your opening.
TI
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  8:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear TI,

I'm as grateful and happy as you to share and have similar feelings..
It's not by mistake that I felt like reading your post..
because the link you shared about Edgar Cayce hit something inside.
He mentions the link between Christ and the ajna..
My last kundalini rush happened during a meditation group with a lady - my spiritual mentor/friend/light - who felt I was going to have a major opening..
She pressed on my ajna with her thumb and said "this is Jesus.. the energy is very high"..
As soon as she said that, I just shouted loud even more, with intense pain/pleasure/tension in the spine and I said "My Love!" with my hands on my heart... I felt "he's my lover.. I miss him so much.."
Note that I've never had any particular attraction for Jesus or any other religious figure.. but it seems that something in me is responding to what is called "Christ" energy or presence..
as if it was familiar.. I don't know..
What I know is that it is tremendously pleasurable..
After the awakening, I looked at the people sitting around me,
and there was such an emptifulness in me.. feeling of rebirth, fresh new eyes, huge compassion for all the friends/brothers/children around me.. one of them came and hugged me... I felt like a mother for him.. he's 55 years old!
So thank you so much for Cayce's link..
I'll probably get to know him more and buy one of his books.

Love..

_/\_

Edited by - christiane on Sep 18 2009 8:16:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  01:10:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,

Welcome back to the forum. I missed your contributions when you were not posting. Glad you have returned. I just got back from Virginia Beach on a vacation with my fiance. When we were down there we took the time to visit the Association of Research and Enlightenment (A.R.E.), Edgar Cayce's organization. Back in the 70's, I had been a associate member for a couple of years. For a small fee, that allowed you to get access through the mail to many of the original readings on a variety of topics. Anyway, I had never been there in person so we stopped in. Of all the things there, what touched me most was the strong Christ presence in their meditation room. It held and filled me to overflowing ... a beautiful gift.

Christiane, two of Cayce's books that come to mind in response to your experience with your meditation group are Edgar Cayce's 'A Search for God: Book I & II' http://www.amazon.com/Search-God-Bo...p/0876042906 and 'Edgar Cayce's Story of Jesus'. A Search for God is a collection of the lessons that were used as part of a study group by a number of folks who were with Cayce when he was alive.

Love and Light,
Steve

Edited by - Steve on Sep 19 2009 01:19:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  01:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Christiane and all,

sweet Christy you may say that there is a lot of similarity between Mr. Edgar Cayce and Dr. Ibrahim Dahesh who used to live in Beirut (but the Palastinian\Lebanese guy did more paranormal stuff than Edgar.)

next time you're in satsang with Maryam i suggest you ask her about Dahesh i stumbled upon her once on TV speaking in a good way about him.

good things are happening carry on friends.

light and love,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  11:11:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Steve for the books references!
And thanks Ananda for the care and sharing.

_/\_
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  2:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI:

Just chiming in to say your focus (bhakti) has sharpened considerably since the wild and woolly days of "Where am I at now?", and it is a joy to see.

Thanks so much for dropping back in with the update. Everyone benefits.

Carry on!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  6:11:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by christiane

Dear TI,

I'm as grateful and happy as you to share and have similar feelings..
It's not by mistake that I felt like reading your post..
because the link you shared about Edgar Cayce hit something inside.
He mentions the link between Christ and the ajna..
My last kundalini rush happened during a meditation group with a lady - my spiritual mentor/friend/light - who felt I was going to have a major opening..
She pressed on my ajna with her thumb and said "this is Jesus.. the energy is very high"..
As soon as she said that, I just shouted loud even more, with intense pain/pleasure/tension in the spine and I said "My Love!" with my hands on my heart... I felt "he's my lover.. I miss him so much.."
Note that I've never had any particular attraction for Jesus or any other religious figure.. but it seems that something in me is responding to what is called "Christ" energy or presence..
as if it was familiar.. I don't know..
What I know is that it is tremendously pleasurable..
After the awakening, I looked at the people sitting around me,
and there was such an emptifulness in me.. feeling of rebirth, fresh new eyes, huge compassion for all the friends/brothers/children around me.. one of them came and hugged me... I felt like a mother for him.. he's 55 years old!
So thank you so much for Cayce's link..
I'll probably get to know him more and buy one of his books.

Love..

_/\_

Hi Christiane :)
Reading your post has precipitated a major opening for me! For the first two hours I had tears running down my face, fine tingles running up and down my spine and waves of ecstacy circulating through my whole body. I was hugely overcome by love/joy/bliss and ecsatatic energy flows, so much so that it possessed my whole being. After two hours it subsided somewhat but still continued on for several hours after that. During that episode my heart opened up and I felt divine love radiate from it to the outer world and everyone/thing in it. What a feeling! It felt so good and pleasurable, sort of like heart orgasms. At one point, I even saw Jesus' face smiling at me. The white light in my head just radiated.

I'm glad it let up at around 10:00 pm because I spent most of the day doing absolutely nothing but going with the flow. Couldn't do much more... it overwhelmed me. And, I had to work the next day (today). Later, when I was laying in the bath tub, I saw a perfect white circle of light with a blue circumference which lasted for 20 minutes. By this time I was exhausted and the centre of my head had immense pressure in it. Couldn't take much more. Ten hours of love/bliss/joy/tingles/visions is enough for one day. I went to bed early and managed to fall asleep.
Today, I'm very disoriented and there is still pressure in my head, but I'm functional. I'm so moved by the power of Jesus and your experience, I'm glad your post reminded me. I can only imagine what you went through. When I read your post I could see these little tiny balls of light emanating from the words you have written like a fine mist of divine vapour. You hit the real thing.. :)

Thank you again for sharing your experience. I really appreciate it.

Love too
TI

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  6:18:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Hi TI,

Welcome back to the forum. I missed your contributions when you were not posting. Glad you have returned.
Love and Light,
Steve

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the welcome back. I was never gone, though. I just quit posting. I found that my posting was shaping my own self-image and it kind of took on a life of it's own. Something like Don Juan's personal history... [Casteneda}... you have to keep changing it. Better to be inaccessible sometimes..

TI
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  1:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,
quote:

After lunch, when I sat at my desk, my perineum area started pulsing and getting very sensitive. It feels like I'm about to orgasm or explode into bliss. I also feel heat through my body. I've had five waves of goose bumps/ecstatic waves travel up to my crown so far. This whole episode has lasted three hours now. It's kind of uncomfortable and very distracting. If I get up and walk around it helps a bit but if I relax and focus on the feelings, I get a surge of tension/heat/tingles up through my heart area into my head. There is also a kind of tension in my solar plexus area.

I don’t think you are about to experience a major kundalini release, although it depends of course on what you call a major kundalini release. These sound like symptoms of kundalini being active in the body and moving towards whole body ecsatsy. In my own experience, it becomes less distracting with time and eventually you can carry on with your life, and your practices, even whilst these things are going on. What you are experiencing now as heat will gradually be experienced more and more as ecstasy to join the ecstatic waves that you are already experiencing. The tension in your solar plexus area is a sign that your manipura chakra is beginning to open.

Good things are happening.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  3:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi TI:

Just chiming in to say your focus (bhakti) has sharpened considerably since the wild and woolly days of "Where am I at now?", and it is a joy to see.

Thanks so much for dropping back in with the update. Everyone benefits.

Carry on!

The guru is in you.

Hi Yogani,
Thank you for the observation. I hadn't realized that my seeking escapades were semblant of mastadons and wildebeests. :)

TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  3:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi
These sound like symptoms of kundalini being active in the body and moving towards whole body ecsatsy. In my own experience, it becomes less distracting with time and eventually you can carry on with your life, and your practices, even whilst these things are going on. What you are experiencing now as heat will gradually be experienced more and more as ecstasy to join the ecstatic waves that you are already experiencing. The tension in your solar plexus area is a sign that your manipura chakra is beginning to open.

Good things are happening.

Christi

Hi Christi,
Thank you very much for your response, confirmation and encouragement. I'm very happy to hear that these are normal processes of the unfolding and that you are familiar with this progression of evolving kundalini energy flows.

It seems that the less I eat, the more intense and prolonged it gets. I've also noticed that it intensifies on days when I take vitamin B complex or multi-Vitamins (seems to so far). It intensifies sharply when I seek the source of the mantra and hit the bright white light, or during the pause on the exhale during "letting go".

This has been going on for 4 weeks now and I'm sure I will learn to live with this, it's not so bad. It makes me feel like I have a little secret that I don't tell anyone (cause they wouldn't understand). I feel more alive than ever, like I'm going to explode into bliss at any moment. It is a new phenomenon for me.

I also noticed that the ecstatic feeling has a component of sadness to it, that is, it makes me want to cry (if I'd let it) or feel really humble and small. One thing for sure, it is definately tied to the sensation of feeling the whole body as one blissful, warm, alive field of energy.

Thanks again for your comments.
TI
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  4:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Christi,
Thank you very much for your response, confirmation and encouragement. I'm very happy to hear that these are normal processes of the unfolding and that you are familiar with this progression of evolving kundalini energy flows.

It seems that the less I eat, the more intense and prolonged it gets. I've also noticed that it intensifies on days when I take vitamin B complex or multi-Vitamins (seems to so far). It intensifies sharply when I seek the source of the mantra and hit the bright white light, or during the pause on the exhale during "letting go".

This has been going on for 4 weeks now and I'm sure I will learn to live with this, it's not so bad. It makes me feel like I have a little secret that I don't tell anyone (cause they wouldn't understand). I feel more alive than ever, like I'm going to explode into bliss at any moment. It is a new phenomenon for me.

I also noticed that the ecstatic feeling has a component of sadness to it, that is, it makes me want to cry (if I'd let it) or feel really humble and small. One thing for sure, it is definately tied to the sensation of feeling the whole body as one blissful, warm, alive field of energy.

Thanks again for your comments.
TI

Hi TI,

Yes, the kundalini symptoms will intensify with eating less and with fasting, which is why fasting is a spiritual practice. The tinge of sadness which comes when the kundalini is more active could be connected with your heart chakra opening. When the heart chakra is open and fully active, the sadness is transformed (magically) into feelings of love that seem to have no cause (unconditional love).

Christi
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  7:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
When the heart chakra is open and fully active, the sadness is transformed (magically) into feelings of love that seem to have no cause (unconditional love).

It sounds wonderful.Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  11:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi
Hi TI,

Yes, the kundalini symptoms will intensify with eating less and with fasting, which is why fasting is a spiritual practice. The tinge of sadness which comes when the kundalini is more active could be connected with your heart chakra opening. When the heart chakra is open and fully active, the sadness is transformed (magically) into feelings of love that seem to have no cause (unconditional love).

Christi

Hi Christi,
Thanks again for your comments. I appreciate it.
Thanks, the term "fasting" now has a whole new perspective for me. :)
The sadness feels more like a longing to be part of the whole or back where "I" belong.
Here are some other things that are happening to me, if you'd like to comment on them, that would be great :)

- I am not sleeping much. I think I'm getting about 4 hours of sleep per night. Some nights, it is as though I'm watching myself sleeping. Sometimes I wake up at 4:00 am and spend the rest of the time sort of watching myself lying there. I think the body is sleeping yet I'm watching. Funny thing, I don't feel tired the next day.

- I'm smelling funny smells that I've never smelled before. The only way I can describe the smells is something like aqua-blue or torquoise. I can't relate the smells to anything else I've ever known.

- During my meditations for that past 5 days, when I get very deep into relaxing and letting go, I'm seeing fantastic colors. The first one I saw was gold. The next one was red. Then, blue, then yellow. They look like a puddles of paint with rounded edges about 8 inches high and 3 inches wide (probably not but that's what my mind interprets). They are absolutely fantastic! They are so bright and vibrant that they surpass anything I've ever seen before. I love them. They are so alive and vibrant it is hard to imagine!!! Now, reality looks dull and shady compared to these colors. Do you think these are nimittas?

TI
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  11:38:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,

quote:
Thanks, the term "fasting" now has a whole new perspective for me. :)

In Sanskrit one of the words for fasting is "upasthata" which literally means to be up close to. The idea is that the practice of it brings us up close to the Divine.

quote:
Here are some other things that are happening to me, if you'd like to comment on them, that would be great :)

- I am not sleeping much. I think I'm getting about 4 hours of sleep per night. Some nights, it is as though I'm watching myself sleeping. Sometimes I wake up at 4:00 am and spend the rest of the time sort of watching myself lying there. I think the body is sleeping yet I'm watching. Funny thing, I don't feel tired the next day.

- I'm smelling funny smells that I've never smelled before. The only way I can describe the smells is something like aqua-blue or torquoise. I can't relate the smells to anything else I've ever known.

- During my meditations for that past 5 days, when I get very deep into relaxing and letting go, I'm seeing fantastic colors. The first one I saw was gold. The next one was red. Then, blue, then yellow. They look like a puddles of paint with rounded edges about 8 inches high and 3 inches wide (probably not but that's what my mind interprets). They are absolutely fantastic! They are so bright and vibrant that they surpass anything I've ever seen before. I love them. They are so alive and vibrant it is hard to imagine!!! Now, reality looks dull and shady compared to these colors. Do you think these are nimittas?

Being awake whilst asleep and smelling beautiful scents that have no source are both characteristic features of kundalini working its way through the system. I have spent many nights awake whilst watching my body asleep, and I used to smell beautiful flowers that were not there (not in the visible realms at least). I haven't seen the colours you describe, but I know that pretty much anything is possible in terms of visions. The word nimitta means characteristic, or sign. In the Buddhist teachings it is said that various states of samadhi cannot be described, as they are beyond words, but they can be known by their accompanying nimittas or characteristics. For example a higher state of samadhi may have the accompanying characteristics of peace, bliss, absence of both physical and mental pain etc.
Various lights accompany some of the higher states of samadhi in the higher astral and the causal realms and they are incredibly beautiful. So yes, I would say these are nimittas.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Sep 27 2009 11:56:03 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000