Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 purification of mind
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  09:57:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
so whats the term? overpurification? rapid purification? i'm adjusting with my eatting habits.... thats fine. What about my mind... are there or could there be "overpurifying" symptoms... if that makes any sense.... i'd like to be aware of potential problems with this... advice or any comment is appreciated.

Lacinato

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  9:05:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lacinato's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you do a search for "overdoing" "self-pacing", etc, lots of good info will show up, lots of good threads. It can for sure affect the mind--over-sensitivity, depression, getting annoyed with people (especially people perceived as being less spiritual), etc.

Bottom line: increase practices slowly and ramp things down as needed.

There was a good long post on grounding by Jim and His Karma, somewhere. Lots of threads reference it, so I'm sure you can find it.

Good luck!

quote:
Originally posted by littlejerry

so whats the term? overpurification? rapid purification? i'm adjusting with my eatting habits.... thats fine. What about my mind... are there or could there be "overpurifying" symptoms... if that makes any sense.... i'd like to be aware of potential problems with this... advice or any comment is appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  08:07:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi littlejerry,

overpurification can get unpleasant sometimes. I think I never experienced symptoms of it on the mind level in particular, though. I can offer these two experiences, which occurred as a result of doing too much of AYP (Particularly overdoing SBP/DM for several months followed with a 3 week retreat with doubled SBP/DM/SAMYAMA, and the second one was due to introducing amaroli with a little too high beginning dose.)

Ovedoing experience 1
Ovedoind experience 2

So it's a very good idea to appreciate the self-pacing principle, in order to avoid ovepurification, in my opinion.

All the best
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000