Experiencing Emptiness?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  01:59:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hi Akasha,
Sorry for the delay in replying.

You can take all the time in the world Shanti--- I'll always be there for you.Though I figured you knew that anyway

quote:
Each person is different and what my experience is is not necessarily a map for anyone else's experience.

True, though i'd expect the practices to affect folk in similar ways,even if the "matrix of obstructions" is unique for every person, the characteristic cycles and symptoms are likely present in us all.Thank you for shining your lantern so brightly, for the benefit of us all.. I was looking up 'sleepiness' in the archives(05-6?), after DM ,where you said the cycles passed but gave no indication of time-scale.Then I chanced upon this thread,and others experiencing similar stuff.None of us are alone here...we are all made of the same stuff!!

quote:
But for me the longest one I think was about a 2-3 weeks. Else on an average they generally last about 1-4 days for me.

I imagined the cycles were longer, but thanks for that.

quote:
Before it was an experience of really falling asleep... losing consciousness.

I've yet to experience this.Actually falling asleep.Perhaps the odd couple of times leaving....but in the beggining it was more like -where on earth did i just go there?
quote:
Now I am completely awake inside. I am aware of myself. But lose track of time. When I come out of these deep meditations, it takes me some time to feel my body back and realize where I am.

Is that inner silence you are aware of-Emptiness/Nothingness??
I also think of it as an infinitesemallly small point too( Beyond space & time)

quote:
Also, I experienced my daughter calling me, but it sounded like it was from far away, another room, it was like I was deep inside a cave and my daughter was calling from outside the cave.. when in reality she was right next to me. It took maybe a fraction of a second to come out of meditation, but felt like I traveled through many layers.. and I shouted "yesssss".. and she was "whoa.. mom .. its OK I am right here".

The metaphor of the cave made me think of Plato's Allegory of the Cave where he suggests the world of the senses is not the real world but ca be understood purelt with mind.Except, It's interesting that meditation can take us beyond even Mind( concepts, and inward sensing), a world even more profound perhaps, more True @*)- Consciousness undisturbed by thinking & conceptual overlay. ------Don't know if that makes any sense.......... Also,you can think of it this way,in patanjali terms- it is going, with DM,like from limbs 1-8, outer to inner, and back again- pratyanhara is like the gateway limb or the entrance to the Cave,the in-between state, when you come to...come round, out of DM.When the eyes descend,then open and the magical freshness and innocence of the new world ,free of concepts(divisions), awaits

I am certain that you're a great mother Shanti,wise & loving.Your children are blessed, as are you,as are all of us here with your presence.It is a pleasure

As for this,losing the mantra, perhaps you have reached a real fuzzy level eh?

quote:
As far as I can tell.. yes. But I am not 100% sure.

Losing track of time, now this sounds familar from a few years back.- this is inchiing towards samadhi-type depths. You know Shanti, i used to meditate fror 3 hours stretches once upon a time ,and i'm not exagerrating when i say it often felt like 20 mins top, 10 mins if that.In fact ,more like, time stood still. I also tried gazing at a mandala of my own inspiration/design( a yantra i think they call it)- an image( like the one YOgani)in on a square peice of laminate with one of these black marker pens(no colours) but i think after a little experimentation it freaked me out.I think i'm not entirely sure what i saw but there might have been something creepy about it.But the long meditations on PBC were effortless and time literally stood still.

Shanti, it is a pleasure converse with you ,as always

So don't worry about late replies,early replies....ppfffft ....any reply is good enough for me.

And i hope i did'nt offend anyone by post-jacking, or whatever you want to call it

There is plenty of forum real-estate here for every meditator to roam free in AYP free land. I won't even mention the "B" word,perhaps that's a dirty word, or the rainbow-colouured thread. (I am interested in learning about Buddism or as much as i can prioritse but i favour like some of us practice/contemplation over conceptualisation.Experience over words/analysis.Show me actual concrete practices- then my ears light up but mention abstruse terminlogy that sounds slightly chinese -dharmkayaka- see, i can't even say it)

Mother Shanti- you're like the Hen with the Golden Eggs,
Guardian of of all our Dreams
All our Hopes.

I know i'm rambling. I must'nt do that.

Good Night ,dear Shanti

Yeah,The story of your kid(s) is'cute'.
I can picture what you're talking about.

Edited by - Akasha on Sep 15 2009 05:30:47 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000