Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Chin Pump
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2005 :  5:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am having some difficulty visualizing the chin pump. Is the movement i'm trying to achieve basically a neck rotation, but with a downward "jerk" on the down position? Is it supposed to be a smooth motion or choppy?

It it possible to upload a small video clip taken with any old digital camera to have something to refernce if it's being done correctly?

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2005 :  5:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
for me the chin pump is slow and smooth with the energy of the breath moving it. Sometimes the energy of the breath is a little choppy other times smooth but never fast or forced.it is like movement that that gets directed by the inflation or deflation of teh body by the movement of the breath or of energetic movement from retention. It is not so much an action as a releasing movement
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2005 :  10:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've also had some trouble visualizing the chin pump, and agree that it would be helpful to see a video, if anyone has the capabilities. I've never gotten much out it, so I assume that I'm not doing it right. If I remember correctly, the description in the lessons implies a dropping of the head as it rotates in teh front, which is slightly uncomfortable. And then what? All the way back and around?

Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2005 :  2:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
its actually very simple. its a full gentle rotation of the head which then reverses direction at the end of teh inhale and beginning of retention. the head is dropped and then rolls in a circle around the shoulder continues to drop back and then rolls over the other shoulder. It should be done gently with awareness and guided by the inner sensations of teh breath. Whils I had a bit of reluctance towards this practice I have found it among the most healing (for me) of the AYP practices as I have had some neck and shoulder blockages. It continues to release deeper and deeper stuff for me and feels delicious.
Go to Top of Page

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2005 :  9:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, I think I may be doing t properly. I have been practicing Yoga for some time and I have to say - this is the most energizing practice I have ever done.

As I do the chin pump, the whole area from upper chest upwards gets warm. It's like a furnace is being turned up inside! For hours after that I am fully mentally and physically energized. Usually, in the evening my body starts winding down and I start getting tired. After the chin pump, I can't just sit there. I'm energized. I want to get up and do something.

As a sidenote, regarding video clips to help with the practice. Wouldn'it be wonderful to have a AYP DVD!? Perhaps featuring the infamous Yogani

Putting together a DVD is pretty simple nowadays with the available software. All we need are the video clips of the various practices. I think this is something doable

Go to Top of Page

Magne

Norway
17 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  6:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Magne's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
I know this is an old topic.. But, yes, I would like to buy an AYP DVD! I know plenty of you would like that also, so please Yogani, why not?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000