Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Understanding?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  10:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
a couple years ago I would have given sermons I what "I know", now, what do I know?
So in life I have seen, that sometimes you think of something and it happens. You want something and it appears,you think a thought and someone speaks it, you listen to a guru and they give out wisdom of how this and that works.
Now, yeah it seems that things happen sometimes and sometimes they dont. what do I belive, we are connected, beyond that, what do I know? I still read a bit, do some practices, but dont care to figure it out, ya know.

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  11:50:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brother Neil....

quote:
Brother Neil: I still read a bit, do some practices, but don't care to figure it out, ya know.

Ya, I know (pun intended)

I have been going through a bit of the same here....

I wrote about it some here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6208 (Discarding the Maps)..... and in the original post I wrote:
quote:
It is almost like a loss of bhakti but in other ways is a letting go.

I still feel this way. It's almost like a loss of bhakti....I used to have such a "fire" for "understanding"....now I don't. I have more of a "fire" for "letting go of the need for understanding" now. In the past I would have considered this a major drop in my bhakti levels. Right now, I consider it more of a shift in bhakti levels.....a refinement perhaps. As above so below, and I feel that as our purification moves more into the "subtler" levels, so do our "desires" (bhakti) begin to refine as well.....and perhaps what drove us onward before is not what is driving us onward now. Or perhaps there is no desire for "onward" at all now as perhaps you are seeing life in the "All is Now" light and you feel there is nowhere to go.... This is all fine and good, but please remember that wherever you are right now in your journey, without daily practices these inquiries will become "non-relational" and will start to become "tail chasing" or "mind circles" or "wheel spinning". Daily connection to Inner Silence is necessary for "relational inquiry". I know you know this, I just felt it may be worth mentioning for others out there.

Glad to hear you are letting go.....

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Sep 08 2009 11:52:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  8:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you brother
love back at ya
Neil
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  10:51:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely understand that.

There is a need, still, at least I think there is a need for gentle direction for those who are a bit lost and have not found a doorway to their own unique journey-seekers if you will.

As I work in the araena of life and business coaching it's necessary to attend to those who are clearly on the side of 'effect' where they truly believe that the world is against them. I tend to work with them on a level which is appropriate to move them towards their personal goal. With many clients, the by product of doing this work is a natural tendecy to want to know more.

Once beyond the conventional work, it's a strange move towards something that is without description and brings the focus back to 'I'. Very weird as the conventional work is now a bit like acting.

Not sure if that makes sense.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  10:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel you, brother neil. Trying to figure out the un-figure-out-able is a mental game anyways. It's not very interesting anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by brother neil

what do I know?

What can I know? Just that I am. Not even who or what I am, just that there is consciousness here experiencing. Beyond that?

I can't know. I can only trust.

Nice to be here with you, without any answers
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2009 :  09:23:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am in a similar place...

There seems to be a lot of intellectual sparring over the "true" nature of thoughts, mind, Self, Realization, etc, etc...who has better understanding or access to more esoteric teachings...I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that approach (who am I to say????)...it just doesn't have any appeal for me...

How could I possibly know/understand the Infinite, the Undefinable through an intellectual construct...until "i" am able to rest in Ultimate Reality, how can "i" expect my limited mind to intellectually grasp it?

For me its about the experience...how is it unfolding...how is it manifesting in life...fine tuning AYP practices for the constantly unfolding state of spiritual development experienced here...as I think Yogani wrote at some point, once Reality is experienced directly we will be able to describe it in our own words, which will be more authentic than citing paragraph and verse of someone else's description of their experience...

Perhaps at some point down the road I will be grappling with how to describe the "True Nature of Reality" for someone else after I am living IT...for now I am still focused on understanding and implementing all of the practices as effectively as I can...and going out and contributing in life in whatever way I am called to...

All just my humble opinion

Wishing All Diving Outpouring Love
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2009 :  9:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks cosmic parrallax karl
seems we understand each other
brother neil
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2009 :  11:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
what do I ( really) know?

Exactly.Beyond all the words,concepts,fancy
intellectualisations...
**** all

Beautiful point, brother neil. I could'nt have put it more succintly. Bravo!!

I always enjoy reading your well-considered & profound pearls of wisdom offered here.You do have a knack of nailing things riiight( i mean right riiight) on the head so your presence here is much appreciated.

Edited by - Akasha on Sep 11 2009 01:05:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  10:40:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for your kind supportive words akasha ITs good to be part of this group, and that group, well really how could I be apart
brother Neil
Go to Top of Page

neerja1

India
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  11:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit neerja1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi brother Neil,

Thanks for bringing this up..though the mind/ego once in a while tends to get into the query mode one has been increasingly observing a letting go attitude for the necessity of knowing it all..it is almost as if one already knows it and there is no need to know it all on an intellectual level anymore..

At times I was taking this shift as a decrease in bhakti but after reading your note, Carson Zi, I found another name to it - 'letting go'..not that giving a name is important..

Thanks Karl, Cosmic, Akash, Parallex, it has always been wonderful reading your posts on the forum..

with peace and love

neerja

Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  9:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is great if this topic has helped you
my best to you
with love
brother Neil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000