Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Dhauti, or not?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  6:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

some four years ago, my eating habits begun to change. I started to be inclined to eat lighter food of better quality. I ate less and less meat and became gradually more concerned with what I send into my system. This was due to profound shifts in my unconscious, triggered by experiential therapy, where I was blessed with deep insights into the processing of food in the human body, recycling of food on our planet and into the life of plants. Gradually I stopped eating red meat because it made me feel spiritually disconnected, and after some time I stopped to eat even white meat outside my house, only what I prepared myself at home. A few months later I found myself to naturally prefer a vegetarian diet and this stayed so until today. Also the notion of "good food" shifted from pleasant perceptions in the mouth only, to how it looks like (like the beautiful colors of a carrot or green beans and so), what it causes in my stomach and then in my intestines, plus what it does to my awareness. I love to be a vegetarian and feel very well and healthy this way.

Lately, like for a few months, I'm having an increasing urge to learn and start some GI tract cleansing. I've read Yogani's "Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli" and it leaves some questions open for me.
Something's telling me that it would be good to do an initial in-depth cleansing, or something like that. Just the idea of doing it really thoroughly, to have a good start after all these years of not taking any care of it. So that would mean probably dhauti, but from Yogani's writing about dhauti I'm actually not sure if it is worth doing. Maybe it would be better to start off directly with a series of enemas + fasting or "half-fasting" a little, for instance, which is supposed to be more gentle to the organism and is also, unlike dhauti, recommended during the kundalini raising period, in the middle of which I'm right now, I guess.

I've read on the web that it is possible, with a properly done enema, to reach even the small intestine, which would be what I'm after. Experiences anyone?

Also, I followed a link from an older Lili's thread and found out, that our bowels can (and probably do) contain a certain kind of a really nasty mucoid plaque*, which is supposed to be created by stagnating, possibly very old and rotting rests of feces (see some slightly disgusting photos of it here [watch out!]), which it is not so easy to get out of the body and which I want absolutely to get rid of, if it's actually there in my intestines. They offer a "colon cleansing kit," which is supposed to be efficient in removing it. Is someone informed about handling this? Is it necessary to spend the money (the colon cleansing kit is not particularly cheap) or are the simple traditional methods, like regular enema, efficient enough to take the initial care of this?

So what would you recommend? How to best start working on this? Someone experienced?

Thanks,

Roman

* mucoid plaque - a layer or layers of adhesive, hardened mucus lining the inner walls of the digestive tract. It can be from less then one-eight of an inch to several inches thick. It is usually compacted with old fecal matter, bound up toxic waste, "bad" bacteria, and/or unwanted guests.

Buffle37

Switzerland
79 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  02:54:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buffle37's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Mimirom,

If you can read french I recommand this book :
http://www.amazon.fr/Je-perfectionn...n/dp/2082001
237/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252301562&sr=8-8

Van Lysbeth explains with much details :
Vamana Dauthi for the stomach
Shank Prakshalana for the bowels

When I was young I tried Shank Prakshalana and it worked very well but I was very tired for the rest of the day and I never tried it again.
Also you may try colon hydrotherapy by specialized therapist.
Good luck
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  02:56:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mimirom!

I feel the simplest way is the best!
I mean there's no need to spend a lot of money on
"special cleansing kits"..
When I first discovered The Essene Gospel of Peace, I discovered that Jesus recommended to do an enema by simply filling a gourd with sun-warmed water from the river..
I personally did a fasting for about a week on juices and water years ago and did a colon cleansing as well (warm water) only once.
I did it in an institute (maybe more comfortable for a first cleansing). The results were very clear: on a macro picture of a blood drop, the blood that was initially pale red became vivid red with full cells. That means there is better absorption of the nutrients through the intestinal tract.
So, that was a turning point healthwise along with an increasing consciousness of the effect of food on the body's energy (like you noticed too).
At that time, I also discovered Ann Wigmore's studies on wheatgrass juice. One of the best liquid remedy (if not the best) you can take in to simultaneously cleanse the blood and lymphatic system, expell the toxins through the eliminatory organs and nourrish and strengthen the body and immune system.
I did a 4 days fasting on 3 shots of wheatgrass juice daily along with homemade wheatgrass juice enemas.. It's such a powerful treat!!
Today, the very smell of the juice when I extract it from the grass hits the nervous system and the brain!! a simgle drop on the tip of my tongue triggers a strong reaction in the spine..it is THAT powerful (prana)
Also daily hot body scrubbing (with a wet hot towel), especially on the digestive system area, helps a lot in activating the blood circulation and stimulating the bowel movement.
The quality of food, like you mentionned, is essential. Whole food (especially whole grains and dark leafy greens) ,rich in fibers, act like a natural broom from inside..
And while cleansing our system, it's helpful to eat sprouts that are rich in enzymes and good micro-organisms that enhance the good flora present in the intestines. Sprouted wheat is one of the best sources.
Last but not least, it's important to reduce or avoid the intake of mucus forming food (mainly dairy products and baked flour/pasta/bread) so to keep our inner layers clean and maintain a good absorption of the nutrients.

Good luck with your cleansing program!

Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  6:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Buffle,

thanks for the links and tips! I found some helpful info following them. It seems to me that no one really likes dhauti or Shank Prakshalana, despite it perhaps gives good results...

Christiane,

I appreciate your help, as always. I see you have great success with wheatgrass, generally. After getting inspired by your last post on wheatgrass some time ago, I scanned the local market for wheatgrass products, but the only thing I was able to find was young barley powder. I tried to take it with organic juice every morning for some time, but I actually hated the taste and consistency of the drink, and I didn't see any results, so I sopped using it. I know you recommend self grown wheat, but the season seems to be over right now. I think the powdered barley stuff is not really doing any good for me. Maybe I'm wrong.

quote:
Also daily hot body scrubbing (with a wet hot towel), especially on the digestive system area, helps a lot in activating the blood circulation and stimulating the bowel movement.

Yea! I like this one! ..will be in my program, definitely.

quote:
Last but not least, it's important to reduce or avoid the intake of mucus forming food (mainly dairy products and baked flour/pasta/bread)
Well, I know. I tried to reduce dairy products for some time once (not long ago) and after some time I just naturally slipped back to them. I love them, feels good in my system.

Thanks for now Maybe I'll try to invent my own cleansing program, some nice combination of what I'll find inspiring. The "blessed herbs" website provides quite some info about their method too, and I guess one could get what's needed simply by visiting the nearest drug-store. Also, senna leaf tee worked well for me a couple times.
Well, I'll try to get creative. My enema kit is on it's way already..

Best,

Roman

Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  08:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mimirom

Good to hear you're gona be creative and invent the cleansing program that suits you the best!
Just wanted to point out that you can grow wheatgrass along the year.. there's no season for it.
Just Google wheatgrass and you'll find many infos (I'll recommand Ann Wigmore's website: http://annwigmore.com/index.php/abo...atgrass.html)
I didn't feel much effect from taking powdered young barley (Green Magma) either..nothing to compare with freshly squeezed green juice.

I wish you a successful cleansing

Edited by - christiane on Sep 08 2009 09:02:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lacinato

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  12:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lacinato's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mimirom

Hi all,

some four years ago, my eating habits begun to change. I started to be inclined to eat lighter food of better quality. I ate less and less meat and became gradually more concerned with what I send into my system. This was due to profound shifts in my unconscious, triggered by experiential therapy, where I was blessed with deep insights into the processing of food in the human body, recycling of food on our planet and into the life of plants. Gradually I stopped eating red meat because it made me feel spiritually disconnected, and after some time I stopped to eat even white meat outside my house, only what I prepared myself at home. A few months later I found myself to naturally prefer a vegetarian diet and this stayed so until today. Also the notion of "good food" shifted from pleasant perceptions in the mouth only, to how it looks like (like the beautiful colors of a carrot or green beans and so), what it causes in my stomach and then in my intestines, plus what it does to my awareness. I love to be a vegetarian and feel very well and healthy this way.

Lately, like for a few months, I'm having an increasing urge to learn and start some GI tract cleansing. I've read Yogani's "Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli" and it leaves some questions open for me.
Something's telling me that it would be good to do an initial in-depth cleansing, or something like that. Just the idea of doing it really thoroughly, to have a good start after all these years of not taking any care of it. So that would mean probably dhauti, but from Yogani's writing about dhauti I'm actually not sure if it is worth doing. Maybe it would be better to start off directly with a series of enemas + fasting or "half-fasting" a little, for instance, which is supposed to be more gentle to the organism and is also, unlike dhauti, recommended during the kundalini raising period, in the middle of which I'm right now, I guess.

I've read on the web that it is possible, with a properly done enema, to reach even the small intestine, which would be what I'm after. Experiences anyone?

Also, I followed a link from an older Lili's thread and found out, that our bowels can (and probably do) contain a certain kind of a really nasty mucoid plaque*, which is supposed to be created by stagnating, possibly very old and rotting rests of feces (see some slightly disgusting photos of it here [watch out!]), which it is not so easy to get out of the body and which I want absolutely to get rid of, if it's actually there in my intestines. They offer a "colon cleansing kit," which is supposed to be efficient in removing it. Is someone informed about handling this? Is it necessary to spend the money (the colon cleansing kit is not particularly cheap) or are the simple traditional methods, like regular enema, efficient enough to take the initial care of this?

So what would you recommend? How to best start working on this? Someone experienced?

Thanks,

Roman

* mucoid plaque - a layer or layers of adhesive, hardened mucus lining the inner walls of the digestive tract. It can be from less then one-eight of an inch to several inches thick. It is usually compacted with old fecal matter, bound up toxic waste, "bad" bacteria, and/or unwanted guests.

Go to Top of Page

Lacinato

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  12:22:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lacinato's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't personally believe in the mucoid plaque theory--unlike kundalini energy, it is a pretty easy thing for doctors to confirm (or not). Dr. Joel Fuhrman, who wrote a book on fasting from a medical perspective (much more open-minded than most doctors), said you can plainly see there is no such thing, and I tend to trust that. He also said the body will take care of itself, which I think is a more common sense approach. So my opinion is to resist the urge to "take" something, and just do the fasting/enemas as you feel is appropriate.

You do get a mucoid plaque-looking thing come out with the kits, but it's a feature of the fiber you're putting into yourself with the kits. If anyone has proof that's not the case, I would be interested.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  4:33:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lacinato,

thanks for your helpful input. I wasn't aware of the dubious character of the "mucoid plaque" (pseudo?)phenomenon, and now I see that it actually isn't so unambiguous.

The idea of the "bad" mucoid plaque, which just needs to bee removed, looks actually a bit confused. For example, the "Blessed herbs colon cleansing kit" (89.50$) contains among others also bentonite clay, as an essential ingredient. They say that this clay binds to the plaque in order to take it with itself out of the body ("to draw build-up off their intestinal walls"), and then they show the pictures. In my country we use traditionally a preparative called "Smecta," which I thought could be an apt replacement for "bentonite clay." The exact descriptions of the ingredients actually suggest, that it is something very similar (Bentonite = aluminium phyllosilicate, / Smecta = duble natural aluminium and magnezium sillicate), but in the medical description of smecta one can read, that it helps to recreate and "to strengthen the mucosal barrier" in the intestines, which is important for normal functioning of the intestine and protects it against toxins and acids. It is a "muco-protective agent."
So here we have something unclear a bit.

Given that "Smecta has high plastic viscozity", it should be not a surprise, that people on high doses of bentonite clay expel something like this. The statement of some of the companies selling colon cleansing kits (such as Blessed herbs) doesn't sound true in the light of this fact.

So the so-called "mucoid plaque" (in the "bad" sense) would probably be simply expanded and thickened bentonite clay + toxins and other rests. To say, that what leaves your bowels during those programs is something that has been there long before you started with the cleansing kit, is probably not o.k.

On the other hand, Smecta has "remarkable adsorbent properties" and has the ability to "adsorp toxins, bacteria and viruses" and at the same time "has high safety profile with no systemic side effects", so it could serve as a useful component of a detox program. In fact, it is a component of all the programs I've seen so far.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000