Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Tolle style feeling the body
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  10:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
In August I decided to quit the mantra and the other practices that I was doing to take a breather and try something new. (Thanks to Adyashanti's statement about "Have you ever noticed that after a while nothing works anymore?"... made me wonder) After spending a lot of time listening to Eckhart (New Earth, Doorway to Now, Gateways to Now etc), I decided to do 35 minutes of "feeling the body" twice a day for a few weeks to see what would happen. I guess I am coming to the belief that mind just causes more mind.

Technique: Sit in chair, no kechari, sambhavi etc. Back straight, palms up and on the thighs. Just let go and simply feel the life in the body, the whole body. Feel the presence of being. Start with the hands, then feet etc. When the body is this relaxed, you can't help but notice the breath too..

The first time I tried just relaxing and sensing the body, I relaxed to the point that most of my body felt like a magnetic field of energy, especially my hands and brow chakra. And, my perineum area became very sensitive, felt pleasureable and the sensation lasted for over an hour after the meditation.

As my meditations progressed over the next two days, the same sensitiveness of the perineum increased and lasted longer. The more I let go, the more sensitive it becomes. Doing nothing seems to do the most!

A few days ago during one of these meditations, my perineum started pulsing, lights started flashing in my third eye area and then energy released from the perineum up my spine and out of the top of my head. This surge lasted for about 2 minutes. I could see concentric circles of light rising up my body which resembled rings of pastel colored smoke rising up like a funnel cloud. It was wonderful, felt great and blew me away. That night, I got very little sleep, woke up at 4:00 am... couldn't sleep anymore. Felt fine.

For the next few days I went back to my regular routine including the mantra repetition but the perineum sensitivity was still there and it intensified during the meditation sessions.. It kind of feels like you are about to experience orgasm, or it's 5 seconds away. It is very intense and now it lasts for hours after.

Yesterday, I went back to Tolle's 'feeling the body' again. When I get to the point where the perineum starts pulsating like the funnel cloud thing is going to start, I quit. I might be afraid that it won't stop if I get it going again. It's taking me a while to get used to being on the brink of orgasm for hours at a time and I can't imagine what I'd do if the upward funnel cloud rush wouldn't stop. Funny eh?

I must also say, I'm enjoying the "sensing presence" meditation immensely now (except for the perineum sensitivity thing). It is so pleasureable, blissful and peaceful. My body loves to do it and my inner self loves it too. Today, I could feel the higher presence in myself that was watching, like part of a secret silent blissful world is opening up. I also saw a moon appear for a while. (Ha, this time I know about nimittas and jhanas.. thanks Nellie)

Shanti, what is going on here? Anybody? Has anyone here experienced the phenomenon of "letting go and feeling presence causing perineum sensitivity and major rushes up the spine"?

My other comment is this: Maybe after practicing a set routine for a few years, you are supposed to just let go. Take a vacation, create a gap. Perhaps there is an inertia that has been created during yearlong practices and then, when you let go, that inertia comes into play? Or maybe if you let it be, it all happens on it's own?

Thanks.
TI

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  11:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

... it all happens on it's own?

Thanks.
TI

TI,

Very true...(not sure why the ?)

Find the practices that resonate with you and that make LOVE burst out of your being like a fountain.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  11:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

My other comment is this: Maybe after practicing a set routine for a few years, you are supposed to just let go. Take a vacation, create a gap. Perhaps there is an inertia that has been created during yearlong practices and then, when you let go, that inertia comes into play? Or maybe if you let it be, it all happens on it's own?

Maybe you're not doing anything at all

Beautiful story, TI. May your openings be greater and greater

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  12:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,

Sounds interesting as experiences can be. Can I ask what your goal is with these or any practices? Am I correct in noticing that you switch practices a lot, curious of what your end goal is?

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  4:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

TI,

Very true...(not sure why the ?)

Find the practices that resonate with you and that make LOVE burst out of your being like a fountain.

Hi Machart, :)

Why the "?" ?
I'm unsure as to whether or not practices create inertia which come to fruition once you let go. Having done practices regularily for 2 years, I am in no position to determine whether or not just letting go causes the unfolding.
Thanks for your response. :)
TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  4:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Maybe you're not doing anything at all

Beautiful story, TI. May your openings be greater and greater

With Love
cosmic

Hi cosmic,
If I'm not doing anything, then who is? Hmmm.. I see! The eternal presence is doing it. :)
Thanks for the good wishes. :)
TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  6:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

Hi TI,

Sounds interesting as experiences can be. Can I ask what your goal is with these or any practices? Am I correct in noticing that you switch practices a lot, curious of what your end goal is?

Hi Anthem,
Well I wouldn't say that I switch practices a lot. I have a base routine that I have followed consecutively for 2 years now (August was the 2'nd anniversary). That routine is this:

- Pray for Love and protection from God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

- 2 minutes Breath of Fire (not ayp, helps clear the sinuses so you don't get whistle-nose)

- 5 minutes Spinal Breathing (ayp with some variations) I discovered that I can will a chord of energy to follow my attention. It emanates from the lower tan tien. When I take that up the central core, it feels like a stream of ecstatic bliss that is more intense at the sacral and the heart chakras. It feels like a wagon cart following the horse of breath..

- Recite 3 Bhuta Shuddhi mantras and 3 Ram mantras

- 20 minutes I AM meditation (ayp)

- Samyama: Love, radiance, union, health, strength, wisdom, inner sensitivity, abundance, deep silence and gratitude.

I do that routine twice a day. I added the BS and Ram mantras about a year ago. Just before bed is my free form meditation session where I do what I feel like doing, whether it be watching thoughts, playing with chakras, pretending to fall asleep, watching my breath etc. Haven't done kunlun for a while now.

My main goal is to become enlightened. My main belief is that enlightenment is a very simple thing and that you just have to get the right technique or perspective of awareness, stabilize in it and then you're done. If that technique is to become the watcher instead of the doer, then so be it.

Yes, I do like to try everything!! but I add it on to my base practices, but lately, I do admit, I've been wanting to change my base routine. I'm thinking that seeing massive amounts of visions/planes/beings at highh speed is not meditation. That's what happens when I do the "I AM" mantra, kechari and sambhavi. Has been for months. That, and heat up my spine and face.

One thing I have learned is that the very first time you try something new, it often works. After that, I think the mind and ego get in there and hinder and stifle the result. I think it is important to stay fresh. It is also important to know what you are trying to stabilize in. Periodically you get glimpses of silence, the watcher, the consciousness of light etc. and something in you resonates and 'knows' that you've hit something very profound. I also realize that it is important to stabilize in any practice, however long that may take, for each practice has it's own lessons and experiences as well as it's limitations.

Yes, I like to learn as much as I can about spirituality. The latest books I've read are :Daughter of Fire -Irena Tweedie, many Golden Circle Sufi talks, I Am That - Nisargadatta, 3 versions of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, Bliss Mindfulness and Beyond, New Earth -Tolle, End of your World -Adyashanti... and I have bought and downloaded most all of Tolle's and Adyashanti's sound tracks/CD's/mp3's that I listen to on my ipod.

Last night I finished "Heart Drops of Dharmakaya: Dzogchen Practice of the ...". I liked it when I read that if you remain in the natural state that phenomenon like colors, lights, shapes etc will appear and then disappear and that there is nothing to do. If you look at the lights and try to see them, they will go away because they are not really lights but are born from the natural state. The practice is to remain in the natural state and stabilize there. Then the lights and shapes will get clearer, brighter and eventually will become a 'moon' or large celestial body. The lights are just an indicator that you are stablizing in the natural state. They can be ignored, according to this book. (this is contradictory to "Mindfulness Bliss and Beyond" where it says to focus on these nimittas (lights) whereupon they will either explode or merge into you and take you into the jhanas -last stages before enlightenment).

Sorry for rambling..

And then, I had an experience that had nothing to do with practices... it's kind of embarassing.. I had a real bad case of diarhea, I mean it was so bad I had to bear down and run to the toilet... tremendous root lock and pressure :) After relieving myself I noticed that I had become sexually aroused and was engulfed with goose bumps. Next I noticed that I could see a pastel colored channel (looked like a large straw, mostly white with pink and blue) up the center of my body (not in my spine but in front of it). Then, when I walked into the living room, I could see all the planes filled with beings, buddhas, spirits, angels, you name it, all around me. It was horrible. This 'vision' lasted for a few hours. I realized that these beings are always there, watching us. There is no privacy. I felt humbled and really ill-at-ease. I wanted it all to go away. I wasn't ready for this and I certainly didn't expect this. I had a kind of battle with my ego/mind and eventually, after two days I started to forget it. But, at the same time, it brought up all kinds of issues from my life/heart that was very pain-full.
Even today, I realize that the ego/mind can't handle certain realizations and tries to cover them up. After that episode, I needed only about 4 hours of sleep per night. I would wake up, fully refreshed and not know what to do. This lasted for 3 days. It dawned on me that maybe the intense root lock and abdominal pressure precipitated some kind of kundalini reaction which led me into the universe of light.

So what is my goal? I want to be enlightened. I want to know the mystery of life, the mystery of siddhas and miracles. I would like to know God/I AM/Presence/The NOW/SHIVA/SHAKTI/TAO/Buddha/InnerGuru/AYAM whatever you'd like to call it.

Anyway, thanks for asking. I guess I had to get that off my chest.

:)
TI

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  10:44:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,

quote:
- Pray for Love and protection from God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

- 2 minutes Breath of Fire (not ayp, helps clear the sinuses so you don't get whistle-nose)

- 5 minutes Spinal Breathing (ayp with some variations) I discovered that I can will a chord of energy to follow my attention. It emanates from the lower tan tien. When I take that up the central core, it feels like a stream of ecstatic bliss that is more intense at the sacral and the heart chakras. It feels like a wagon cart following the horse of breath..

- Recite 3 Bhuta Shuddhi mantras and 3 Ram mantras

- 20 minutes I AM meditation (ayp)

- Samyama: Love, radiance, union, health, strength, wisdom, inner sensitivity, abundance, deep silence and gratitude.

Nice routine, I guess your explorations have brought you to something uniquely yours that works for you and thanks for correcting me, 2 years at the same routine is certainly consistent. I agree it is good to have that core routine, but nothing wrong with a little experimentation on the side.

quote:
My main goal is to become enlightened.

I think many here resonate with that. To realize our "enlightenedness", may we all find it.

quote:
So what is my goal? I want to be enlightened. I want to know the mystery of life, the mystery of siddhas and miracles. I would like to know God/I AM/Presence/The NOW/SHIVA/SHAKTI/TAO/Buddha/InnerGuru/AYAM whatever you'd like to call it.

Anyway, thanks for asking. I guess I had to get that off my chest.

I'm glad you got it "off your chest", may your wishes come true.

All the best enjoying your explorations.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000