Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Why do I have such strong metabolism issues?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  01:01:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm having a hard time understanding my metabolism is so sensitive to meditation.

First some info:
-never meditate after meals or with food/drinks in stomach.
-never meditate after exercise/physical activity.
-I take 10 minutes break after mediation.
-I have some mental health issues which I think is causing this problems.

Usually 2-4 times a month I get really irritable after meditation. It lasts the whole rest of the day! So it hasn't stopped me from meditating but is does cause about 2-4 really bad days a month when it happens.

It seems like it's trigger by brief mental excitement. Usually during or after mediation, even after the 10 minute break.

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  04:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You need to self pace. Even short sessions of DM can cause that sort of reaction. My wife used to notice it first and I would get an ear bashing for over doing it. Once I stopped trying to hit the target of 20 minutes and just went with how I felt then things quickly stabilised.
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  06:12:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey,

The truth is digestion and mental health are closely linked. If you do an exploratory massage of the abdominal area, you will begin to become aware of how 'undigested emotions' sit around the digestive centre and the surrounding organs and fascia. So meditating, 'house cleaning', may well trigger some of these issues in you as the obstructions are loosened.

If you would like to understand the link more fully and learn to smooth out the digestion (and release mental tension), I'd recommend the book, "Unwinding the belly" by Allison Post.

Jack
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  7:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

You need to self pace. Even short sessions of DM can cause that sort of reaction. My wife used to notice it first and I would get an ear bashing for over doing it. Once I stopped trying to hit the target of 20 minutes and just went with how I felt then things quickly stabilised.

I think your right. I went down from 15 minutes to 10 minutes and feel less edgy after meditation. The problem hasn't been happening lately.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000