Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Who's birthday again?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  6:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Who’s birthday again?

You said it was your birthday today....
And that you were still not liberated
A painful sadness shimmering the calmness in your eyes

And then satsang happened

The tender undressing of the somebodyness
That rented the facial space
and contracted itself in your forehead

The beauty of the fragrance of your face
When you ..in the stopping.....saw that you are a wordless openness

The nakedness in the two stunned tears
Effortlessly caressing your cheeks

The utter innocence
In the way you looked.....from nothing....at nothing

Like a child radiating maturity completely unknowingly

So beautiful You Are

I just want to tell you
that my birthday happens to be tomorrow

But while writing this...
tomorrow has become today

Literally

Who’s birthday again?

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  6:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy Birthday,Katrine.

Edited by - Akasha on Aug 12 2009 6:42:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  6:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

Happy Blissful and Joyful Birthday :D

(I had mine on August 7 so it seemed to me like you were writing this directly to me.. I wondered how you knew about it... lol )
...it goes straight in here.......

Enjoy

Edited by - Yonatan on Aug 12 2009 7:18:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  11:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are the candle in the dark..
you are the sweetness in the cake,
and reading you is deliciously uplifting.

Happy rebirthday Katrine, today and every day
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  3:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste All
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  03:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy birthday!
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  06:19:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy birthday Katrine
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  08:35:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I got the impression that Katrine is not really saying it was her birthday, but that it was someone else's and that we are all one. Or that she is empathising with someone who has a birthday. And that looking in the mirror brings out the concept that we are not this body. And the concept that thinking you are not liberated yet is an attachment to the illusion of time.
But I'm always seeing things differently, so happy birthday Katrine whenever it is!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  09:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Gumpi, Sparkle and Ether

Ether wrote:

quote:
I got the impression that Katrine is not really saying it was her birthday, but that it was someone else's and that we are all one. Or that she is empathising with someone who has a birthday. And that looking in the mirror brings out the concept that we are not this body. And the concept that thinking you are not liberated yet is an attachment to the illusion of time.
But I'm always seeing things differently, so happy birthday Katrine whenever it is!

It was both you see....

There was this man....who suffered this thought....and it was the only thing standing between him and the openness...which he tastes all the time (he was very ripe)....it is just that the continuous identification with it takes time ...to fully surrender to. Anyway...when I saw it clicked in him on the 12th ....it was so beautiful....and my heart was promted to write.....so later on I did...and while writing it...the time passed midnight in Norway....and my birthday is on the 13th.

Yet neither he nor I was ever born...so it is noone's birthday...and yet the embodyment of the openness could never have happened were it not for the fact that Katrine and NN was once born of respective parents.

So - bless all the bodies walking this earth....and bless the body that is Mother Earth. May we enjoy all birthdays.....and at the same time surrender to that without which nothing could exist.

Or...as a friend of mine wrote today:

Happy birthday all moments
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000