Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Bija Mantras for the Chakras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  1:43:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Moderator Note: Topic split from here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6100

Carson,Lam is a first chakra mantra. I recieved and used it in my kriya yoga days.But apart of my tradition is the mantra of the root chakra.All the best with your spontaneous discovery.

Edited by - AYPforum on Aug 07 2009 3:36:32 PM

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  2:15:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Miguel, good to know.

I had acupuncture again on Wednesday and we decided it was time to focus on the root. It is the only chakra I have that isn't spinning correctly (and never has been...at least not since I started acupuncture)...everything else is open and spinning properly (or so she says). Anyways, we worked on the root and talked about some ways to facilitate it's "balancing" but this (the mantra) never came up. It doesn't surprise me in the least that this is the case though. I could literally FEEL the effects of the addition of "Lam" to the mantra. It was literally resonating the root and making it very hot and vibrate quite strongly. Thank you for the info.

Love,
Carson

P.S. Sorry gri for threadjacking....

P.P.S. Does every chakra have a mantra? I knew that each "petal" of the lotus of each chakra had a sound, but I never knew there was 1 particular mantra assigned to each chakra as a whole. Would love to know more about this....perhaps I will start a new thread.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  2:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I could literally FEEL the effects of the addition of "Lam" to the mantra

Stick with it,is my advice.I say this because it has come spontaneously.Im sure it has some interesting "present" to give you.I fing your discovery very interesting.

quote:
knew that each "petal" of the lotus of each chakra had a sound

Hum...i never heard about that...

quote:
but I never knew there was 1 particular mantra assigned to each chakra as a whole

Yes.7 bija mantras.

Lam
Vam
Ram
Yam
Ham
Aum
Aung

This are the main bija mantras,they are included also in the mantras i recieved.Are the essence of each chackra.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  2:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info Miguel...and again, sorry gri for the threadjack....back to business as usual

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  3:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No worries - I got to learn something...

Emaho!

gri
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  4:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
new treath!haha
(just kiddin)

Edited by - miguel on Aug 07 2009 4:48:59 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000