New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  6:47:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There can be different perspectives on the same thing.

Someone with a big ego might witness a meditator avoiding violence and think of it as a wimpy act. They might think "In theory that is a better way to act, but it would make me feel like less of a man, and I couldn't do it. Not this lifetime."

But a meditator could think "I feel so powerful that the actions of other people don't touch me."
Sometimes you can create so much good karma that there is sort of a barrier around you. You feel protected, or shielded. You know you still have bad karma to go through, but it sort of bounces off your shield.
Then when even the worst of things happen to you, you have a sort of underlying resilience, or faith or something, and you know you just have to wait a while. You become unshakeable.
Funny, because this is exactly what the big ego guy wanted all along. So he tries to create it on his own. That's the hard way, and it doesn't work.
Meditate.
Go to Top of Page

Lacinato

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  8:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lacinato's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Was there a threat of physical violence? It sounds like it was just insulting, in which case I would agree with the advice here.

When I lived in a city, I would get shouted at by men constantly, because I was a woman. Still happens when I go back, and it is physically threatening. I will think about the advice here. When they were close to me, and not yelling from a car, I would sometimes start to lecture them ("how would you feel if someone spoke to your sister or mother like that?"). Sometimes they were weirded out (which is as close to provoking thought as I expect to get), and other times they would get extremely angry (and threaten)--but often they would leave. Genuinely inquiring or explaining to them why I didn't like it, left me feeling better than ignoring it or yelling back.

Since nothing was said in this instance, I would start out asking them why they did it, just to see what they would say. It would be interesting to see their reaction.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  8:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Those kind of guys often react well to an attitude. Like "Why you gotta yell at me, you pervert?"
Or just "F- off" with the finger.
That is speaking their language, and a woman can get by with it.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  9:52:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda, Gumpi & All,

Brother Ananda - regarding Jesus and the money-changers, even the Bible makes clear that story is a metaphor, and not meant to be interpreted as an historical event. Immediately after that incident, the Bible reports Jesus saying, "This temple shall be destroyed, and in three days, I will raise it again."

Then, it reports, "And his disciples knew he was referring to his body."

And so, yogic master Yeshua was providing a teaching about the need for diligence in not indulging traits (limited, separate thoughts, feelings, conditioning, etc.) which preserve the egoic illusion of separate self ... as all yogic masters have always done.

As "evidence for my hypothesis" - I will point out that every actual teaching of Jesus was ahimsa based:

*Love your neighbor as your self.
*If someone strikes you on one cheek, offer them the other cheek.
*If someone orders you to go a mile with them ... go two miles.

Every religion has always taught:

Love all, serve all, create no sorrow.

Why?

Because it's "good", or "holy"?

Not at all; those things are concepts of limited mind.

The reason ahimsa (non-violence) is taught, is because it's based in *reality*.

Ahimsa does not recognize the illusion of separate self.

When Ahimsa-reality can pour through into human manifestation .... the infinite light of the *only* actual power in the Universe shines through - and nothing can ever stand against it; it's reality --- all else is illusion.

How else do you think one former attorney who dressed funny (one Mohandas K. Gandhi) managed to free his nation from the largest imperial power the world had ever known?

Gandhi created the freedom by loving; by living from the wholeness.

When everyone else doubted, and said violence was the only option -- he kept loving.

Ahimsa was the *way* - Satyagraha was the foundation - Gandhi's followers were known as Satyagrahis -- those who hold to reality (Satya) with an unshakeable grip (graha).

Gandhi and his followers didn't just get beat up .... Gandhi and many of his followers *died* (well, appeared to; that's a topic for another thread though - as in: "we are not the body").

Why would they give their lives for a "cause"?

Because Satyagraha isn't a "cause" - it's reality.

If you have a sore throat - do you choke it until it gets healthy, and swallows without pain?

Probably not.

Why, then, would you react violently to a part of yourself which was dreaming separation (for instance a "black man who spit when you walk by".)

Heck .... maybe *he* had a cold and sore throat (and that's why he spit). Maybe he hates white people, or people from Arab nations, or everyone - who knows, it's his bad dream; it doesn't have to be anyone else's.

In fact, just as you would (presumably) do nice things for your throat if it's sore, or any other part of your body/system in need of healing .... just as you would likely rescue a small child from drowning ....

... maybe, realizing that wholeness is real, and ego is not ....

The light of pure awareness can shine through as ahimsa to the small child that's drowning ....

... who appears to be an angry black man, spitting.

Imagine you're a doctor .... treating an epileptic patient who is thrashing around ... and in thrashing, she smacks you in the nose, and you get a bloody nose.

So, you smack her, right in the nose.

She thrashes more .... everyone gasps ..... and you say indignantly:

"She hit me!!"

Ahimsa isn't wimpy .... ahimsa is being a doctor; the courage of loving, of doing what we're here to do, when all hell is breaking loose.

At HEART though .... Ahimsa is more than that ... actually, utterly independent of that ("being a doctor" -- that's a concept; albeit a possibly helpful way to "get" what's going on a little more clearly --- violent people aren't "violent people"; ... They're ill .... they're having an egoic seizure!).

Ahimsa is simply the pure light of true nature, shining -- the healing balm of reality.

Ahimsa isn't an "appropriate" response ..... it's the light of consciousness, being itself.

Ahimsa is reality.

Everything else is just an idea.

As most men have been, I've been in confrontation situations ... at times, I wimped out (as a small kid), at times, I fought back (as a teenager and young man) - and in recent years, I shine love ... not because it's good, or right ... because it's all I can do ... literally.

And I have yet to once be sorry I let ahimsa shine through, to help heal aching parts of myself.

And I've been amazed, literally, at how powerful ahimsa can be.

"In defenselessness my safety lies."
~A Course In Miracles

Heart Is Where The AUM Is,

Kirtanman

PS- Notice that everything Jesus taught has one common thread: everything he said *to* do, everything he said *not* to do ... all have the common trait of *not* supporting the illusion of the separate "me self".

"The world is not my concern; it is my self."
~Adyashanti

Edited by - Kirtanman on Aug 04 2009 9:59:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  10:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AWESOME post Kirtanman!
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  10:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@lacinato

i dressed up as a woman once(some years ago) and i did feel pretty vulnerable. but it was great insight into woman psychology and the predatory male gaze. I could'nt wait to get that drag outfit off ( trust me i'm pretty normal- this is before ayp) as soon as i could. i tore it off in a little vestibule entrance in the high street. i waas actually egged on by a bunch of girls whose company i was with to gain access to nightclub i was barred from.( somehwat embarassing to admit that here- not something i made a habit of, in my more hedonistic days)

-----------------------------------

etherfish,

Regardin the need to feel that violence can ever be justfiied, i agree with you Etherfish deep meditaiton would seem to solve this one.I live in Glasgow,uk which has a pretty mean reputation, and i've seen urban sh*tholes, even lived in some depressing places, had to score heroin in them etc,been amongst the underclass,lived in a hostel,more than a few encounters withthe law etc but you would'nt know looking at me. I don't look emaciated or too destitute Although my head sometimes can feel a little mesed up, but i know the yoga is working, which is good and of great comfort( thankyou Yogani)

I have spat in the street myself but whenever i've done so i've made sure no-one is near so as not to potentially offend anyone.If i frettted about every spitter in the street i think i would have gone crazy alot sooner.

Thankyou Etherfish for your wisdom, and everyone else.

i think you just need to keep a balanced apporach to why people might behave acertain away and not take things personally- i liked what you said Etherfish-(and this commuunicates a sense of what i can describe here as' personal integrity'(it may have a moral pesuasionbut just a clear picture of the forest, to me , not being swayed by others, the mob, the group, trusting the inner guru etc)

Sometimes we don't really know ( or understand) what is going on ,none of us, not just perhaps becuase everything is constantly changing, in a state of flux.We are always making asessments( judgements perhaps)Trying to figure out. This is a tormented soul, rather than just letting be things just as they are, as you find them,not trying to change anything but yourself etc.

quote:
The odd thing about situations like this is that you probably don't understand what is really going on. That is why meditation is so important. Once you meditate enough that you find your inner guru, all of these things become clear.

I am speaking from experience. My inner guru answers questions for me all the time. You could call it God, or Jesus, or inner voice, whatever; I got to a point where I knew how to communicate with him, and I knew I could trust him (this was done by finding inner silence, and second trial and error with the communication.)

i don't thing any of us ever reaaaaly do- reaaaly comprehend evrything completley.. the Infinite is what it possibly is- becuase our pereceptions can be quite warped and distorted.

Edited by - Akasha on Aug 04 2009 10:21:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  11:22:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I echo Machart.....great post Kirtanman.

One question that is unrelated.....doesn't "Satya" mean "Truth"? I have a friend who's name is Satya and when I asked him what his name meant he said "Truth". I guess that could mean "Truth" as in "the true reality" or "Reality", but since you are the "Sanskrit Guy" around here I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for the clarification. Thanks again for a great post....

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  12:37:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:You can take what you want from that, but what I personally take is that if someone "spits in your direction" treat that person as a brother. But that's just me

love that Carson it's beautiful and it's true this is how i should be reacting, and this is why i employ diplomacy first but if i am left with no other option in the end but to go toward the extreme i'm gonna bcz i don't have to be anyone's doormat and let them make a habit out of it.

concerning religion; all the saints have their paradoxes if we are going to check more closely.. for example the prophet Mouhamad and lord Krishna and a lot of the early muslim saints and the jewish holy men of the old testimon both speak of love and God... and at the same time you see that they fought a lot in their lifetimes especially the prophet peace be upon him.

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  12:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

Hi Ananda, Gumpi & All,

Brother Ananda - regarding Jesus and the money-changers, even the Bible makes clear that story is a metaphor, and not meant to be interpreted as an historical event. Immediately after that incident, the Bible reports Jesus saying, "This temple shall be destroyed, and in three days, I will raise it again."

Then, it reports, "And his disciples knew he was referring to his body."

And so, yogic master Yeshua was providing a teaching about the need for diligence in not indulging traits (limited, separate thoughts, feelings, conditioning, etc.) which preserve the egoic illusion of separate self ... as all yogic masters have always done.

As "evidence for my hypothesis" - I will point out that every actual teaching of Jesus was ahimsa based:

*Love your neighbor as your self.
*If someone strikes you on one cheek, offer them the other cheek.
*If someone orders you to go a mile with them ... go two miles.

Every religion has always taught:

Love all, serve all, create no sorrow.

Why?

Because it's "good", or "holy"?

Not at all; those things are concepts of limited mind.

The reason ahimsa (non-violence) is taught, is because it's based in *reality*.

Ahimsa does not recognize the illusion of separate self.

When Ahimsa-reality can pour through into human manifestation .... the infinite light of the *only* actual power in the Universe shines through - and nothing can ever stand against it; it's reality --- all else is illusion.

How else do you think one former attorney who dressed funny (one Mohandas K. Gandhi) managed to free his nation from the largest imperial power the world had ever known?

Gandhi created the freedom by loving; by living from the wholeness.

When everyone else doubted, and said violence was the only option -- he kept loving.

Ahimsa was the *way* - Satyagraha was the foundation - Gandhi's followers were known as Satyagrahis -- those who hold to reality (Satya) with an unshakeable grip (graha).

Gandhi and his followers didn't just get beat up .... Gandhi and many of his followers *died* (well, appeared to; that's a topic for another thread though - as in: "we are not the body").

Why would they give their lives for a "cause"?

Because Satyagraha isn't a "cause" - it's reality.

If you have a sore throat - do you choke it until it gets healthy, and swallows without pain?

Probably not.

Why, then, would you react violently to a part of yourself which was dreaming separation (for instance a "black man who spit when you walk by".)

Heck .... maybe *he* had a cold and sore throat (and that's why he spit). Maybe he hates white people, or people from Arab nations, or everyone - who knows, it's his bad dream; it doesn't have to be anyone else's.

In fact, just as you would (presumably) do nice things for your throat if it's sore, or any other part of your body/system in need of healing .... just as you would likely rescue a small child from drowning ....

... maybe, realizing that wholeness is real, and ego is not ....

The light of pure awareness can shine through as ahimsa to the small child that's drowning ....

... who appears to be an angry black man, spitting.

Imagine you're a doctor .... treating an epileptic patient who is thrashing around ... and in thrashing, she smacks you in the nose, and you get a bloody nose.

So, you smack her, right in the nose.

She thrashes more .... everyone gasps ..... and you say indignantly:

"She hit me!!"

Ahimsa isn't wimpy .... ahimsa is being a doctor; the courage of loving, of doing what we're here to do, when all hell is breaking loose.

At HEART though .... Ahimsa is more than that ... actually, utterly independent of that ("being a doctor" -- that's a concept; albeit a possibly helpful way to "get" what's going on a little more clearly --- violent people aren't "violent people"; ... They're ill .... they're having an egoic seizure!).

Ahimsa is simply the pure light of true nature, shining -- the healing balm of reality.

Ahimsa isn't an "appropriate" response ..... it's the light of consciousness, being itself.

Ahimsa is reality.

Everything else is just an idea.

As most men have been, I've been in confrontation situations ... at times, I wimped out (as a small kid), at times, I fought back (as a teenager and young man) - and in recent years, I shine love ... not because it's good, or right ... because it's all I can do ... literally.

And I have yet to once be sorry I let ahimsa shine through, to help heal aching parts of myself.

And I've been amazed, literally, at how powerful ahimsa can be.

"In defenselessness my safety lies."
~A Course In Miracles

Heart Is Where The AUM Is,

Kirtanman

PS- Notice that everything Jesus taught has one common thread: everything he said *to* do, everything he said *not* to do ... all have the common trait of *not* supporting the illusion of the separate "me self".

"The world is not my concern; it is my self."
~Adyashanti

namaste brother K, your words echo truth in my heart and i am not a stubborn person when i hear wisdom i submit.

i wish i could be powerful enough to practice ahimsa always, and this is why diplomacy comes first in my opinion for it's a form of ahimsa and it often resolves stuff most of the time take sister Lacinato's example.

concerning the extreme i just mentioned in the reply towards Carson well let's just hope things do not get that far.

love and thk you that post was beautiful,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  12:58:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

There can be different perspectives on the same thing.

Someone with a big ego might witness a meditator avoiding violence and think of it as a wimpy act. They might think "In theory that is a better way to act, but it would make me feel like less of a man, and I couldn't do it. Not this lifetime."

But a meditator could think "I feel so powerful that the actions of other people don't touch me."
Sometimes you can create so much good karma that there is sort of a barrier around you. You feel protected, or shielded. You know you still have bad karma to go through, but it sort of bounces off your shield.
Then when even the worst of things happen to you, you have a sort of underlying resilience, or faith or something, and you know you just have to wait a while. You become unshakeable.
Funny, because this is exactly what the big ego guy wanted all along. So he tries to create it on his own. That's the hard way, and it doesn't work.
Meditate.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  10:50:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi brother Ananda.....
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

love that Carson it's beautiful and it's true this is how i should be reacting, and this is why i employ diplomacy first but if i am left with no other option in the end but to go toward the extreme i'm gonna bcz i don't have to be anyone's doormat and let them make a habit out of it.

From my perspective the "idea" of being a doormat for someone is what is holding you back from truly being able to Love "the aggressor" in a situation like what we are discussing here. You saying that you refuse to "be anyone's doormat" supposes that you know what the perpetrator is thinking when he/she acts aggressively towards you. You can't know why someone does anything. This is why it is best not to take things personally....nothing can be personal when you no longer consider yourself "your person". Someone can spit at you (which is really pretty minor), someone can kick you in the face out of nowhere (this happened to me not too long ago), or someone could murder your entire family (hopefully this never happens).....none of this "should" change anything for you. Just because one "lost soul" makes a bad decision or two that happens to affect your life or your loved ones lives, doesn't mean that you need to react any particular way....it especially doesn't require you to mirror their actions back at them. When inner silence is steadfastly secured as your "centre", there is no possible response other then Love. The "form" that Love takes on the outside may not seem "loving" to outsiders (and this IMO would be where the story of Jesus and the money changers would fit in) but all reactions will have a Loving core. This is my perspective anyways.

Love,
Carson

P.S. Gandhi's saying "Be the changes you want to see in the world" or however that goes, is truly a wise and loving statement that sums up my perspective nicely.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Aug 05 2009 11:44:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lacinato

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  10:35:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lacinato's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, everyone's input is pretty amazing. I felt funny about what I posted, but now I'm glad I did.

As far as Kirtanman's great post on the parts of the whole--I remember someone asking Byron Katie if we weren't supposed to stop people who are violent (restrain them, make them unable to hurt others, possibly jail). She said that if she were hurting others/herself, she would hope someone would stop her, and save her from herself, so there is no conflict. You do what you need to do, but out of love. And the majority of the time when we are angered, no action is needed at all. So there doesn't need to be a conflict--we always recognize the whole, but act when compassion when it is needed.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  08:37:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Carson and Lacinato, and thk you for lovely posts(you've got that one right Carson).

who needs a guru in the presence of such company, i want to thk you brother Gumpi as well for opening up this topic it gave me some good insights about my ego self.

just came down from the mountains, been up there for almost six days and had some time to inquire on a lot of things (specifically desires) on the level of stillness and the discussion in this topic is one of them.

fairness be said i was Wrong, Loving is the best answer to such situations and it takes a lot of courage to throw a rose in the face of a punch.

the best answer i got from my inner guru was the example i gave about the Buddha "karma will take care of things"

concerning dealing with feelings of anger, letting go into stillness is still the correct answer.

light and love,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  10:55:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda....glad to hear you had a good (silent) time in the mountains!

quote:

fairness be said i was Wrong, Loving is the best answer to such situations and it takes a lot of courage to throw a rose in the face of a punch.

You weren't "wrong" brother! You were honest about how you felt in the moment. That's great! AND it's great that you can now see that there may be other "reactions" that might be more appropriate in these kinds of situations when coming from a place of inner silence. It DOES take courage to "throw a rose in the face of a punch". But IME even the "throwing of a rose in the face of punch" can be loaded with ego. How "superior" it can make one feel to "take the higher road" in a situation like this. It can also make one feel immasculinated. Every situation will be different and will require a unique response. Just throwing a rose in the face of every punch is not always going to be the most appropriate response. It's all about seeing life from a place of inner silence and letting your reactions flow from there. If this is done there can be no other response other then a loving one....whatever form that takes. I'm pretty sure that there could be a situation out there where the most loving response one could have, would be to throw a punch.....not sure what that situation would be, but putting yourself in a "response prison" because of an externally imposed value system is not going to be a very healthy approach to living life. IME it is best to do what is necessary to stay centered in silence and let the rest kinda play out how it will. When silence is your core the responses/reactions that flow will always be appropriate....no matter what form they take.

quote:

the best answer i got from my inner guru was the example i gave about the Buddha "karma will take care of things"

Maybe.....but what difference does it make whether it does or not? This kind of thinking is "justice-based" IMO. Who cares if the "perpetrator" has karma revisit them? What difference does that make to YOUR journey?

quote:

concerning dealing with feelings of anger, letting go into stillness is still the correct answer.

You bet!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  11:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I join Ananda to say thank you for this topic..
2 days ago, I had a day full of various opportunities to experience and deal with anger
Especially while driving.. driving is a such a typical example!
I learned, with time, to make things easier for people on the highway..
I let them pass before me whenever they insist, and I just let go, whereas years ago, I used to get angry and stubborn, staying on their way on purpose
For whoever is interested to test his/her anger, just come to Lebanon and rent a car you won't get disappointed.

Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  11:06:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Talking about roads, hi Carson! we crossposted

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  11:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  12:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and it goes on
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  12:41:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christina is right, wanna test your anger management come drive the streets in Leb.

i remember reading Roger Walters from the band Pink Floyd in a newspaper saying that driving in Lebanon is like being in a war zone.

btw if any of you guys comes to visit Lebanon you can count on having friends in this country just drop an email..

A
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  02:22:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by christiane

I let them pass before me whenever they insist, and I just let go, whereas years ago, I used to get angry and stubborn, staying on their way on purpose

Just have to report on a wonderful experience with this. I had a car lying so close behind me, urging me to move to the side and let him pass, although I actually couldn't because I was passing someone myself... The impulse to do just what you wrote arose in me... Then I quickly changed attitude and actually hit the breaks and put me behind the car I was already passing to let him through. And I felt "I don't know his reasons, why should I hinder him?" and became very grateful for the lesson he just taught me. When he passed, I turned towards him so that I could see him, lifted my hand, kissed it and blew away an air kiss to him. As I did... the stillness bubble came, so he passed in slow motion and absolutely synchronized he did the same (!!!) so we simultaneously blew an air kiss to each other with a big smile on our faces!!!

One of those small everyday miracles in stillness...
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  07:33:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

quote:
Originally posted by christiane

Just have to report on a wonderful experience with this. I had a car lying so close behind me, urging me to move to the side and let him pass, although I actually couldn't because I was passing someone myself... The impulse to do just what you wrote arose in me... Then I quickly changed attitude and actually hit the breaks and put me behind the car I was already passing to let him through. And I felt "I don't know his reasons, why should I hinder him?" and became very grateful for the lesson he just taught me. When he passed, I turned towards him so that I could see him, lifted my hand, kissed it and blew away an air kiss to him. As I did... the stillness bubble came, so he passed in slow motion and absolutely synchronized he did the same (!!!) so we simultaneously blew an air kiss to each other with a big smile on our faces!!!

One of those small everyday miracles in stillness...

excellent!!!!

I don't know if I would take the risk to send an air kiss physically.. it may be interpreted in a distorted way here..
but, maybe not! All is in the intention.. really..

Thanks for sharing
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  09:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt in a fairly busy place on the road that strangers would take a gesture like that the wrong way. Now, if you were walking along the street and accidentally bumped into someone and then made that gesture, well... 'nother story.

Or perhaps if you accidentally bump into someone on the street or while entering a shop you could stop in your tracks and give them a stone cold stare, then show them your biceps...

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  1:10:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This life is so filled with ridiculously funny scenery all the time... I stopped reporting it here in forum, because it became way too much, but this one was so funny it brought me to laughter...

Since the topic is about anger in general and lately traffic-rage in particular, I just add this small notion, which made me relax in a traffic situation again:

I was on the high way, the cars began to fill up and it quickly got crowded and I felt a bit of stress coming up... the outer situation mirroring the inner "stuckness" in spirituality I feel right now... Then, as a reminder and a sign, right before it got really stuck and still was a bit space left, a black, slick, sporty BMW cruized around in a smooth, fast slalom, back and forth over the three lanes, like giving the finger to the beginning jam... and the licencenumber-plate was:

AYP

Just scenery, don't mean anything...
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  02:44:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
emc, that is funny! i laughed out loud.

My next door neighbours car number plate said AUM.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000