Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 no bhakti, no focus.. help?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

erik

Norway
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  11:49:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit erik's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
been meditating and doing yoga on and off for about 6 years, now.. Trouble is I have no bhakti.. believe me I have desire! but I am not able to do one thing countinously day after day.. It is not in my nature to do so..
I`m a right-brain dominated individual who have no routines in even sleeping, eating or showering. I basically work on impulse, have mood swings, and view the world somewhat different everyday. so how can I get a stable yoga/meditation routine?
I simply forget to meditate, or my mind is racing with so much thoughts/ideas, that I open my eyes stand up and begin to do other things, before I remember that I was actually meditating. It worked better before, but since last fall, It`s basically just gotten worse.. I still pratice asanas mostly daily though, but I`m not really focused when I do them either.. And Im also unable to follow a steady asana-routine.
Instead of meditating I sit on my butt and daydream, and instead of doing asanas I do gymnastics.. At least thats how I`ve been feeling about this yoga thing for a while... Tips? anybody?

Greetings from Norway

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 28 2009 12:52:17 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  12:52:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  04:41:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi erik,welcome.Is good to have your presence here.

My suggestion,and i think its a good idea is...continue with it!
Just continue doing what you are doing.Dont try to force.If you cant get the focus for the moment,dont worry.Just remember you are doing your sadhana in a softly way every time you notice you have lost the focus.Just favour the pratice.Just like with yogani dm advices.
Just favour the practice,dont try to force it.
Because if you force it,finally you will hate it.
Give it a chance.Do practices the days you feel and remember you need it.
Softly.
With time,months,im sure you will find your self more focused in practices.Your inner silence will guide you.
Respect this first stage impulse and be gentle with it.
Its a seed.Your seed.

You are doing ok. Dreams and toughts are good now. Dont force it.

Love.

Edited by - miguel on Jul 28 2009 05:28:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  07:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No right or wrong way. You will do what is needed for your particular path. There is a frustration and fascination about following a prescribed route, what you are noticing is that you don't follow the exact same route as the next person.

There is nothing suprising in that, we all like different things, I might work and buy a car to get me to a destination and someone else might hitchhike. The car seems quicker for the journey until you factor in the time taken to get qualified, find a job and save the money, it all depends where and when the journey starts.

Accept that you are doing it the right way for you and welcome the thought that you are distracted and remember that above all you are your own Guru. You don't have to check how other peoples bodies and minds function to know that your body and mind is doing quite nicely without any sort of a plan.

The most important understanding is the words Yogani uses at the base of every lesson. The Guru is in you
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  07:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum, Erik.
You have to change the importance of yoga in your life. If you think about your highest ideal several times a day, and how much you want it, it will help.
Also you need to develop will power. You let outside forces control you now which is very close to non-attachment and will be valuable later, but for now you have to learn to develop power from the inside. That only happens from meditation on a regular basis.
If you can't establish a routine of meditation in the morning when you get up, and in the early evening, then meditate whenever you think of it. As soon as the thought crosses your mind, sit down and meditate for 15 minutes.
If your mind is always scattered, there may be some diet causes also, like yoo much sugar or high fructose corn syrup, or caffeine.
Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

erik

Norway
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  7:24:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit erik's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanx for support and wise answers:) I actually had a breakthrough today.. I reread a lot in "deep meditation" and read quite a few things here.. The thing is that I was someone who more often than not "woke up" after meditation and felt superb.. I also got into a lot of deep, weird states before. Although i know that Im not supposed to chase these kind of experiences, it sort of broke my motivation when I gradually felt less and less during, and after meditation/yoga. and this has been going on for a year or so, and got really bad when I had a long period of depression, ongoing the last six months.. Thank god Its basically gone know:) Maybe I just needed to talk/write about it to somebody I knew understood.. because none of my friends are into yoga and meditation and I dont follow a steady course/guru..
anyways.. I got a breakthrough today.. I did not go into trance like I often did before, but I managed to always choose the mantra. and had a new kind of weird feeling of balance (I think I`ll write a post about it) and afterwards I took a walk to the store, and felt really great, and experienced a lot of inner silence:) Hopefully Im on my way to more inner silence:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000