Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Sacred Herbs & Self-Realization
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  8:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

A great article/post by Tau Malachi at the Sophian Gnosticism Forum, on the use of "sacred herbs" & self-realization.

http://www.sophian.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=857

Excerpt:

If and when actual enlightenment dawns, or there is a full emergence of Supernal or Supramental Consciousness, there is no longer any need for the use of a sacred herb – one may shift into various gradation of higher consciousness simply with the intention to do so. It is rather like the capacity of Light Transmission that occurs with Supramental Realization, by mere conscious intention the Light Transmission occurs when the Desire to Give and Desire to Receive are present.

Heart Is Where The AUM Is,

Kirtanman

godrealized

India
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  12:43:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit godrealized's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
True as expressed by Kirtanman... reaching the stage of self realization is culmination of all things spiritual. Self Realization announces reaching the end of cosmic journey. Having reached the source of light... external parameters no longer hold.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  06:40:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by godrealized

True as expressed by Kirtanman... reaching the stage of self realization is culmination of all things spiritual. Self Realization announces reaching the end of cosmic journey. Having reached the source of light... external parameters no longer hold.

Hi godrealized - looks like it's your first post, so welcome. I like what you wrote, but I have one comment, that I'll put in the form of a question: Do you think that self realization is the end of the earthly journey? And the beginning of the cosmic journey?
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  07:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

A great article/post by Tau Malachi at the Sophian Gnosticism Forum, on the use of "sacred herbs" & self-realization.

http://www.sophian.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=857

Excerpt:

If and when actual enlightenment dawns, or there is a full emergence of Supernal or Supramental Consciousness, there is no longer any need for the use of a sacred herb – one may shift into various gradation of higher consciousness simply with the intention to do so. It is rather like the capacity of Light Transmission that occurs with Supramental Realization, by mere conscious intention the Light Transmission occurs when the Desire to Give and Desire to Receive are present.

Heart Is Where The AUM Is,

Kirtanman

Thanks for that, Kirtanman. I'm a big supporter of using entheogens with proper intention, prayerful attitude, and self-moderation. And preferably with a 'spotter', who will guide as necessary, and help bring clarity when the sacred herbs have worn off. Clearly it's not about how high you get or how far you travel, but what you bring back with you, and sometimes it's not necessary to travel very far to get the real gold. Then the real work begins - incorporating the new information/energy into your life.

I believe that the most sacred element of the sacred herb is the intention that someone brings to it. When we set intentions, we then have expectations, and we then tend to look for answers within the context that we've created. So if I prayerfully set my intention to seek X, then pop a pill, I'm going to be intensely looking for X, and hopefully I can keep my wits about me, rather than fly off on a psychedelic assumption. Thus the importance of an observer to maintain stability.

Having said that, I think similar results can be had from setting intentions without the herbs. Let's say that I prayerfully set my intentions to seek X on such-and-such day, and then from dawn to dusk I remain alert and focused on receiving 'information' regarding X. The very act of holding the intention is enough to heighten my awareness, and open me to receiving information about X. When we intensely look for something, we generally will find it, or at least find pieces of it. (Seek and ye shall find!) So the most sacred aspect of any sacred herb is the presumption that it's sacred. If you hand me a tomato and tell me that it's a sacred tomato, it's guaranteed that after I eat it, I'm going to have a sacred experience. Probably a bunch of them. My heightened expectations will create them, and then somewhere along the way I'll hopefully realize that everything is sacred. It's just a matter of how we choose to perceive the objects, people, and events that present themselves to us.

This isn't an attempt to de-mystify the taking of sacred herbs, because I do think they have a real purpose, and one which has benefitted me in the past. But I think that setting sacred intentions, with or without the sacred herb, is often overlooked as an incredibly effective means of self-realization.
Go to Top of Page

godrealized

India
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  10:52:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit godrealized's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Manipura... it is not that way! I have above 2000 articles on various web sites of which above 10 articles are dedicated to the subject of self realization which in other terms mean god realization and also enlightenment (kaivalya jnana). Reaching the stage of self realization announces culmination of the cosmic journey forever. How?

It is not we human beings who are cosmic travelers... it is our soul atman... the spirit within (that resides in our heart) that is the absolute master and controller of the body... the form of human beings! As ordained by God Almighty it takes about 12.4 million earthly years for human beings to reach the stage of enlightenment in a total of 1.1 million manifestations.

Bhagavad Gita is absolutely clear on this point. Until 7.3 million manifestations our soul atman manifests the forms of insect, plant and animal life. The human form is the highest manifest stage in the cosmic life cycle. Gaining enlightenment announces one reaching the 8.4 millionth manifestation... the last in the cosmic life cycle!

The liberated soul atman after human beings reaching the stage of enlightenment and salvation finally enters the abode of God... the kingdom of God (aka Baikuntha in Hinduism)...not kingdom of heaven! The kingdom of God Baikuntha is a point of no return. Every soul atman after enlightenment and salvation remains in Baikuntha until dissolution of the Cosmos (Pralaya).

quote:
Originally posted by Manipura

quote:

Hi godrealized - looks like it's your first post, so welcome. I like what you wrote, but I have one comment, that I'll put in the form of a question: Do you think that self realization is the end of the earthly journey? And the beginning of the cosmic journey?

Go to Top of Page

godrealized

India
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  10:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit godrealized's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Manipura... any way I could get an e-mail when someone posts replies.
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  11:23:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Manipura

... setting sacred intentions ... is ... an incredibly effective means of self-realization.

yes
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  12:30:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Manipura... any way I could get an e-mail when someone posts replies.

Welcome Godrealized!

We do not use an email post-notification service for the forums, due to the clutter it would create in everyone's mail (and on the forum server). At times this can be a very busy place.

The easiest way to keep track of forum activity is to bookmark the "active topics" link on the top menu. It works very well.

There is also an RSS feature for the forums which can be helpful for keeping track. See the RSS link near the bottom of the list of links in the left border here.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000