Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Grounding Asana......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  4:40:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Friends.....

Although I am in a bit of a period of pacing and trying to stay away from the forums right now, I wanted to share a posture I have found to be of great help in grounding excessive third eye activity/energetic headaches. After sharing this I am gone again as it is still to stimulating for me energetically to be here right now.

The posture is a resting posture.*

*It should be noted that I am not trained in teaching asanas, nor was this posture ever taught to me. This could be a well known posture, or variation of one, and I could be explaining this in a totally unorthodox way which could be seen as "wrong" by some. I am just going to try and explain a posture that is helping me ground and take away some of the energetic headaches.

This is how I am doing this posture which I call "Ajna meets Earth".....

-Lie on your stomache, face down.

-Place your palms on the floor with your thumbs resting just above your nipples (in a male....I don't know how best to describe this for a woman)

-Your arms should be tucked up against the ribs.

-The tops of your feet are pressing into the floor.

-Using a little bit of jalandhara bandha, press the bridge of your nose and your third eye spot directly into the floor.
(This postures is going to "squish" your nose. It shouldn't be that uncomfortable because of the small amount of jalandhara applied. If you have a large nose and it is hurting your nose to press your forehead to the floor perhaps try applying a bit more jalandhara bandha to see if that helps.)

-I have two variations for the tongue position....
1. Kechari 1
2. Sticking slightly out of the mouth and touching the tip of the nose with the tip of the tongue (Personally I find this better)

-The breath should be easy (not forced) and through the nostrils.

-While breathing visualize the breath going in and out of the third eye and into and out of the Earth.

-(I) do this for 20 minutes as necessary/possible.

Would love feedback (I will read it when I am back) on this from anyone who knows that this as a known posture and whether or not I am describing it correctly.....and would love to hear if others who are dealing with excessive energy in the third eye benefit from this "asana". Love to All.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jul 13 2009 4:44:13 PM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000