Enlightenment Milestones
 Key To Enlightenment: Drop All Ideas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  8:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey All,

As inner silence becomes more familiar, identification (the sense/knowing of "who I actually am") shifts from memories of being the temporary body-mind (specifically its conditioned ideas about itself) ....

.... to realization that who and what we each and all actually are, is awareness, itself.

For most of us, there's quite a bit of vacillation in identification (even after truly knowing and experiencing self as awareness) -- because of the power of memory-conditioning in body-mind.

After awakening ... after the experiencing inner silence as Self ... as who you actually *are* ...

(As opposed to the experience of inner silence as an experience that is experienced *by* self -- by "me" -- which tends to be the case closer to the beginning of meditation practices.)

... yet, when momentary-or-longer "constrictions" or "IAmnesia" seems to be who we think we are .... (aka The Great Dream-Game of I Got It I Lost It I Want It Back) ....

....it's not that we don't actually *know* we're awareness ... or even that "we" ("Me", "You" .... Whoever ...) have forgotten or lost the reality of the experiencing of the true nature of self as silent awareness ...

... it's that there's a tendency (at least a lifetime's worth) for attention to immerse, totally, in the experiencing of the body-mind -- the conditioned memory-desire-concepts displaying as thoughts, emotions and/or sensations.

Thankfully, though -- *Gracefully* -- Bit by bit ... there's a deepening of the experience of the beautiful reality that's actually, ever here, now:

"I am not these thoughts and feelings ... I am this still, silent awareness that's always the experient, the experiencER ... of every moment ... no matter how constricted or expansive .... the thoughts and feelings are kicked up by the body-mind! -- They're reactions; memory-responses .... a closed loop with memories I think of as the past ... this silent awareness I Am doesn't cause or affect them ... and is not affected by them."

As this realization deepens, Maya can no longer "grab" attention-identification all the way ... She can no longer pull us ALL the way into the dreamworld of objectivity only (experiencer, experienced, experiencing all consisting of ideas/evaluations/conditioning only).

All facets of Maya - the Grand Illusion - are Vikalpa - thought-constructs ... including the fundamental one: "I am who I think/feel I am".

Reality is Nirvikalpa - Not-Thought-Constructs.

I Am = Nirvikalpa.

Undifferentiated Awareness.

ALL suffering consists of mis-identification with thought-constructs -- of not-yet-realizing, and/or temporarily-veiling-again the reality that I Am Undifferentiated Awareness (and *not* anything appearing in-as-from Differentiated Awareness).

Thought-constructs happen, just like breathing, hunger and heart-beating happen; just like so-called waking, dreaming and deep sleep happen.

Thought-constructs are not who we *are*, however -- just like breathing, hunger and heart-beating are not who we *are*; just like so-called waking, dreaming and deep sleep are not who we *are*.

There are lots of wonderful, beneficial-feeling facets to "getting" this ..... Freedom Beyond Imagination; Peace Which Passes All Understanding, Cessation of All Suffering; Liberation From The Cycle of Birth and Death.

Are these things real?

Really Real??

Oh, YES they are; infinitely more so than misidentified thoughts about self could ever be.

However ... ego-mind loves to dream that in moments these things are *not* experienced, that realization has been "lost" ... or enlightenment has not really been attained.

This is because ego-mind loves to keep itself employed -- and it keeps itself employed by spinning vikalpa-dreams .... always beginning and ending with itself ... and layered in myriad concepts ... about enlightenment, liberation and attainment ... about karma ... right and wrong ... I, me and mine ... about the nature of existence itself ....

Each and every one of them made of solid, unbreakable error; each and every one of them binding limited ideas about yourself to the wheel of birth and death, to repeated incarnations of suffering, forever. And ever. And ever. With no hope for escape. None. No Hope. Ever.

Seriously.

What? You want off the wheel??

Don't even think about it.

Then maybe there's a chance for you.

Hm? You're serious, you say? Really?

Well, okay - I suppose I should let you know: it is possible.

You can be free.

Really.

All it takes is one knowing, one action.

That's right .... just one action, one knowing.

Just One:

Drop All Ideas.

Of course there's a catch ..... we're talking Enlightenment .... Liberation .... Salvation .... Wholeness .... Freedom ...... REALITY ..... KNOWING .... LOVING .... KNOWING .... REALITY.

You didn't expect it to be Free, did you??

Did you??

*Gotcha*!!

Drop.

All.

Ideas.

Really --- and for an *entire* instant.

Hey ... you did?

You did!!

You ARE!!

I AM!!

Heyyy .... Welcome HOME!!

Rest Now ... This Seat Here ....

Join With Me, Now ....

Welcoming Everyone HOME ....

Yep --- just like This; Exactly --- This ....

Yep ..... you, too .... and you .... yes, of course you ... c'mon .....

We've got a whole Universe to Love Awake .... All The Way ......

Right Here

Right Now

Give Only Love
For That Is What You Are

_/\_

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jul 12 2009 10:54:51 PM

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  05:45:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks K, enjoyed very much
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  1:45:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, thanks for that. You put it in great words. I dropped all concepts a few days ago, which resulted in a full kundalini awakening for like 10 minutes or so. I don't know how to keep it going, more meditation for me I guess :). I get exactly what you mean though. Or really I got it, it's just a memory now.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  11:39:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

After awakening ... after the experiencing inner silence as Self ... as who you actually *are* ...

(As opposed to the experience of inner silence as an experience that is experienced *by* self -- by "me" -- which tends to be the case closer to the beginning of meditation practices.)

Thanks for this, K-man. I've been experiencing this shift recently, although it's not 24/7. This helps!

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  08:47:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
K-Man, thk u thk u.

you rock brother
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000