AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 pondering?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rebeq11

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  12:30:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit rebeq11's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was in thought and started to write:

When the patterns of conditioned behavior start to dissolve... what happens when the traits that were considered "good ones" come up? The "bad ones" are pretty easy to identify. The "good" ones explain a lot more because that is what we are deeply holding onto. The mind has been told they are good and they define a person (which keeps ego going). So the next question is what is real? What expression is real? My answer is: Love only for source. Source is nothing and everything, expressed as love. A mix of silence/stillness with creative potential/impulse. That is our true being. Is enlightenment the collision of these two forces or just a balance of them?

Thanks for the insight, for I have yet to have them collide. Or would collision be absolute nothingness?

Beck

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 12 2009 05:32:21 AM

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  05:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Rebeq,

there is a saying for Sri Atmananda Krishna Menon which goes smthg like this: creation is like the waves they come up then clash with each other then go back to there source.

now to say that there is absolute nothingness is impossible for nothing can come out of nothingness and the emptiness we experience during deep meditation is awake and conscious or as Lahiri Mahasaya puts it: "emptiness with euphoria."

creation seems to be like a lite thought coming out of silence and then condensing in order to become action and once it reaches it's end it has to come back to it's exact opposite.

now concerning bad or wrong, the more condensed the thought is and out of the wrong identity which is the mind thought ego the more selfish and negative it will be whereas it's the other way arround when it's lite and coming from inner silence or the witness state and Yogani has shown the mechanics of how to use this through the practice of samyama which gives birth to stillness in action thus divine conductivity.

so i scd your answer yes: outpouring divine love is the source it's our true identity as truth as one and as God and acting from there the witnessing and the witness become one divine truth which they have always been but purifying was needed to remove the veil and this is why you hear the suffies and the mystics crying "i am God"\"i am That".

there is no difference with the lover and the beloved they are love.

namaste,

Ananda

p.s: some stuff which do come out from the ego mind every now and then might be thought as good by us and from these we should be aware for they aren't stable and are nothing but illusion created by the ego to derail us from our track so just sit tight meditate and don't care about no fear resulting from the dying ego or good flamzies just be true to your practice and then you'll be the master of yourself.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  05:32:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

rebeq11

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  09:01:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit rebeq11's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your insight! I am interested always to hear ideas put into different words!

I seem to be experiencing and understanding what you are saying, however I am quite new to all this and have a lot of self-injury (which my thoughts want to constantly take me there.) I realize that I need to balance myself with AYP practice and find stillness in the engagement of the moment.

I feel like I am missing something though, and maybe you can shed more light. In samadhi while meditating I thought yogani says he "uses the mantra twice and then he's gone". Where does he go? I do not go anywhere. I just feel stillness of the mind, transparent but still present, completely awake, and waves of energy (like you were saying in the above post.) Now, I do recognize that my heart area has an infinite amount of growing to do (more and more love). I must be holding onto stuff because I still want more and I have thoughts.

Thanks,
Beck
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  09:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello again Rebeq, and thk you for sharing your beautiful insights.

i think Yogani here means gone into "pure bliss consciousness" our own true nature and the word gone is just a metaphor for he says in other places that AYP is about homecoming the road back home and the road back home has always been here we just needed some window cleaning to see it clearly to realize our true nature again.

it's like the story of the fish in the sea asking about the whereabouts of the ocean and the sadhaka who lost her neckless and asked the sage where it was and he told her here it's around your neck.

meaning the more and more purification there is the more transparent the veil will be and stillness+euphoria never mention clarity and peace and all is that is sugar is nice is experienced all at the same time.

in my own experience i've found out that there are many layers to the samadhi experience and they tend to go deeper and deeper and bigger and bigger in infinity.

but there is another experience where you are really gone and that one involves the crown chakra and there as Yogani puts it we melt in that white sea of light at the crown and then come back illuminated but of course it is not advised to go there b4 doing the prerequisite root to brow purification work.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000