Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Sri Kaleshwar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simon

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  5:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
what do you think of him? First impressions?

http://www.kaleshwar.org/en/index

Edited by - Simon on Jul 08 2009 6:12:43 PM

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  9:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Simon

what do you think of him? First impressions?

http://www.kaleshwar.org/en/index

Hi Simon,

I don't really resonate with him myself, but I know a couple of his devotees (Alx & Jonathan, per the link below), who lived at Swami Sri Kaleshwar's ashram in Penukonda for five years, and who are two of his main teachers in the U.S. - and they're very devoted to him (and have been for almost a decade; they lived with him in India from 2000 to 2005).

http://www.karmatalk.com/about_us.htm

And when I say "don't resonate" ... I just mean that literally; nothing negative - I just never felt a really strong draw toward him, myself - though picked up a few teachings that felt somewhat of value, a few years back (can't remember what-all they even were, now ... one of the more powerful teachings we can ever get, is that none of this is about any teachings that we get.)

My recommendation when evaluation any teacher, in any way, is:

Let your inner guru be your guide (and if you don't feel in touch with your "inner guru" ... good ol' "gut feel"//intuition can work nicely, too. )

Check out the site, the information ... and see if anything feels "of value", if you have interest in doing so.

Always, and ever, though:

Prioritize practices, inquiry, and what arises in your own awareness.

Simply put: if Swami Sri Kaleshwar has anything to offer you -- you'll have a sense of it, in your heart.

Maybe some words someone else - maybe even these words - can be part of your process --- but none of this is ever, truly about someone else's opinion ... of anything, or anyone.

Even a guru or spiritual teacher is ultimately there to show you that there's no such thing as a guru or spiritual teacher outside you.

There is no "outside you".

Whatever helps you know that in your own experiencing is what's right for you.

(And this isn't all about "Simon, this is what I think about Kaleshwar, and your interest in him, whatever it might be" - it's more about "Everyone - this is what I recommend when you come across any information, about any guru or teacher.")

Hope this helps.

In Peace, In Love, In Living Unbound,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Simon

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  1:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kirtanman,

thx for your answer. that's what I usually do when I deal with a spiritual teacher, or actually
with every person I meet.

In 2010 I'm going to be in India for up to a year and I'm looking for places to visit while I'm there.
I've met students of Sri Kaleshwar in Leipzig and they made a nice impression on me back then. Especially one guy, who has lived with him for several years.

Edited by - Simon on Jul 13 2009 2:07:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  11:23:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Simon,
May I suggest if you are inclined to visit my sadguru DhyanyogiOmdasji. His ashram is in Hansol , Ahmedabad about 4 km from the airport.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000