Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 The Opposite of Religious Dogma
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  10:50:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

The Opposite of Religious Dogma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMf-gOb7wvA

Starring His Holiness The Dalai Lama

For a "humble Buddhist monk" as he calls himself .... he has a view (*is* a view) ... that's ... well .... not to put too fine a point on it ....

.... rather, well ... *staggering* ... in both its articulation and its potential implications.

Intending The Compassion of Reality For All,

Kirtanman

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  11:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes,#12288;he is an amazing speaker and great source of wisdom. I saw him speak here in Japan about two years ago. He just radiates joy.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  03:23:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This Monday is the Dalai Lama's birthday
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  10:57:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
He is going to be in Calgary at the end of September and I have been trying to get tickets for months.....have a look at the prices though: http://www.stubhub.com/dalai-lama-t...2009-822106/ CRAZY!!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  2:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

please check Ticketmaster.com for tickets. Stubhub is a reseller/broker. I just found adult full price tickets for the same venue/time for 36.00 to 78.00 through ticketmaster.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1...norcatid=104

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  2:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Carson to get your hopes up,

I forgot to check availability through ticketmaster and I just now did. Looks like that particular date/time/venue event may be almost sold out. They've been on sale since mid-April which explains it.

And that may be why the stubhub prices are currently so high....

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  3:01:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kathy and thank you for trying to help me.

I heard it was sold out long ago. That's what they said at the Buddhist "school" I attend classes at anyways. I think there are a couple of different speaking times too and that the cost is different depending on the speach/seminar/whatever. One is dedicated to the Buddhist Calgary society and the other is for the regular public. I believe (I don't know 100% for sure though) that the only one with tickets available are the ones for the Buddhist society, which are the ultra expensive ones. Had I known back in April that he was coming I would have got a ticket to the cheaper one for sure. I'm always a month or two late in hearing about this stuff. I missed out on Mother Meera in Calgary too. Argh. Hahaha

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  5:40:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I hope you get to hear him sometime Carson.

I've listened to several of his events and lectures through dvds available at the public library. And read some of his books. I can just imagine the feelings---the joy of hearing him speak in person... it would be an awesome memory

Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  7:16:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It definitely is. If you have the chance try and see him speak at least once. I saw him about a month after I had my Kundalini awakened. I don't know if there was a connection or not, but I didn't think I'd ever see him in my life time, and certainly not in Japan since he rarely visits here because of the uproar it causes with China.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000