Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 intro
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  1:27:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody,

My spiritual name is nirmal kaur, given to me by the late master Yogi Bhajan. I realise it´s a boy´s name, but this is what was given to me, and I like it. It means purity, of which I am not, but trying to!

Throughout my life I was always leaning towards spiritually and reading what I could to find something that would be pertinent to my life and nothing ever caught my attention until one day while living in Greece, I stumbled into a book in a bookstore about yoga.The title is:
"Kundalini Postures and Poetry,"written by Shakti Parwha Kaur Khalsa,
And it changed my life! I was like a kid in a candy store!

After that, I found a Kundalini yoga class that was certified by 3HO
and began my yoga practice. This was in 2004 and I felt great! In Greece they have an expression called "kefe", which means very happy about living in Greece because it´s so beautiful, etc.

I picked up with Yogani´s lessons and experienced the bliss and esctasy then.

I had the most amazing thing happen: while at home doing my practice, I was doing the bow pose when I experienced a powerful surge from my root chakra to my crown chakra. I was filled with estasy and bliss for several days.

It was also at this time I had a telephone consult with a widely known
Guru that predicted that I would become enlightened (by the end of the year) and become a healer.

This was when my world started falling apart. Naturally I did not become enlightened and I fell into depression. I started seeing a psychiatrist and he newly diagnosed with manic-depression(bipolar)
Too much kefe? I went into the hospital several times.

We then moved back to Germany and I have been in the hospital several times,coming close ro death one time.

Now, fast forward to present I feel like I am myself again and thus, have re-started my meditation practice. I feel good, and am more calm, hanging on for dear life!

Thanks for your time, I look forward to conversations and comrade.

love and light,
nirmal

P.S. To this day I don´t know if it was the Kundalini yoga or bipolar illness that caused so many symptoms.

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  2:31:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Nirmal!

And thanks for sharing your Odyssey with us. We're all stumbling around in the same darkness, but we're all searching for the same light...

Peace,

gri
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  2:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Nirmal and welcome to the forums, and thk you for being so open and sharing your story with us.

now wether it's kundalini related or not i really can't tell you are the best judge on the matter.

but if you look at the cases of premature kundalini awakenings with lack of good info on how to handle them like the case of Gopi krishna and some of the other kundalini related nightmare stories around the internet i'd say that kundalini "might" have had a hand in it.

but smthg intrigues me, you say that you picked up Yogani's lessons and the bliss started to appear.. b4 the crown opening and the other problems started to happen right?!

in case you did and you applied Yogani's lessons you should've gotten your kundalini handled cz i did as many others around here and i had a premature crown chakra opening as well.

so in case you did apply Yogani's advice on handling a premature awakening or not we would like to know in order to see if the problem is kundalini related or not.

much love to your kind person and it's good to know that things have gotten better for you.

wish you all the best on your path and in your life.

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  4:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Nirmal.
Very nice to have you with us.

The name Nirmal is a girl's name in the Sikh tradition. And Kaur is last name given to women in the Sikh tradition. So your name is a male name if you consider it a Hindi/Sanskrit name, but a female name if you consider it to be a Sikh name, esp. if you keep the Kaur with it.

Just an "a" at the end of Nirmal makes it a girls name in Hindi/Sanskrit, but both Nirmal and Nirmala mean the same thing (in Hindi/Sanskrit/Sikh tradition).. immaculate, pure, clear...

From the Sanskrit 'nih' meaning "without" and 'mala' (short "a") meaning "stain". Hence the meaning, "immaculate", "one who is free from impurities.

Beautiful name.

Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  4:49:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirmal and Welcome!!
Hope you have a good time here
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  02:46:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone and thanks for your replies.

Shanti thank you for reminding me about my name. It´s been a bumpy ride and sometimes I get confused, especially when folks here thought I was a man! So thank you, it´s all coming back to me now.

Yes Ananda, the chakras opening happened after I started DM.( I think- poor memory) I didn´t follow Yogani´s advice because I wasn´t stable at the time and was in hospital. So nothing was done. I continue to experience hot and tingly sensations at my root chakra and what´s really annoying is the hot flashes at my neck, throat areas. I know that this isn´t "change of life" flashes because I´ve been there, done that!

All I can say is that it was a tremendously tough time. I had quit my yoga lessons for personal reasons and lost some much needed help. And I hadn´t been doing DM for only a short period of several months, and wasn´t aware there was help for the Kundalini. (one crazy mixed-up chick!)

Thanks to all and suggestions will be appreciated.

love and light,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  6:59:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, nirmal

quote:
Originally posted by nirmal

I realise it´s a boy´s name, but this is what was given to me, and I like it.

Funny, from your other posts I already thought you were female...

Hope you enjoy the ride!

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  01:34:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear cosmic,

Thank-you!

love and light,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  12:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Nirmal,

Your own story/yoga journey sounds uncannily similar or familiar in resembling my own.I woke up someting,a sleeping giant ,kundalini ,then i crashed. I knew nothing about self-pacing and did not have the toollbox available here.You suggest you stopped your DM for a couple of months prior to your own "crash" , if there was such a thing. It could have been a factor.- Who can say? It would be interesting to compare the details or notes between your case and mine.Obviously the good thing is you are here.

So, just so you know- you are NOT alone!!! I'm quite sure there are others here whose path was like this also..

As ananda says gopi krishna lacked the informaion on how to handle it.It's not surpising that horror stories abound.

I was using uddiyana bandh, ujjayi and single-pointedness of mind during an ashtanga-type vinyas practice. Then 4 days later i "crashed" as my nervous system had'nt quite assimilated and digested the changes.

I was in a bad way and have been finding my way back ever since-2.5 yrs ago.(The adjectives 'bumpy' and'tough' do resonate here- your first post here in the samyama healing section where you reported a premature K awakening chimed with me from the start.)

As luck would have it i've found AYP.

With DM- dont' force the mantra (gently return to favouring it)or try to go over your alloted time.

Very good to hear you are back on a track again, and feeling more like your usual self.

You'll find a whole LOTTA LOVE ,or lurve, as some would say, here, and support and guidance whenever you need it. This forume itself is one of the crown jewels of AYP, a complete yoga system,safe and ,of course, effective,and logically explained too etc

I actually had inferred you were female too, Nirmal.

Good to have you & enjoy your stay here.I'm sure we all play a part in lighting up each other's path,each and every day..

Much Love

Akasha

Edited by - Akasha on Jul 01 2009 1:15:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  06:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Akasha,

Thank-you so much for your reply. I´m so new here I couldn´t find the post you were talking about. I believe I quit both K.yoga and DM at the same time, months after the surge of kundalini.

Thanks for all the kind words. I would love to communicate via e-mail. Feel free to write anytime.

I am So glad to be here.

love and light.
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  9:56:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear lovely Nirmal,

Hope i can illuminate your path!!

quote:
I am So glad to be here.

Me too.....

Much Love

Akasha

p.s i sent you an email....thanks...glad to be of help. I was using uddiyana,ujjayi,asana, single-pointedness of mind, and a little tantra thrown intoo--- i basically took off for a moment ,and then crashed quite spectacularly becuaause i did'nt pace my openings.The opening occured over one session(though had been building over the last few months when i started holding asnas for minutes with a steady mind, per Patanjali, and was really channeling the prana with all the internal techniques that were rpetty much operating on automatic), just like you describe though i had been moving in that direction over about 11 months and particulalry after a fractured elbow properly healed over that summer(2006) and i continued again with my religious practice( and i started all this devotion to practice after coming off a methaodne script). i did'nt really know what iwas doing-it just felt so good and altered one's conciousness,( i even had a little statue of siva) or that the tools if greedily used can precipitate trouble......but i guess some of us have to learn this way....it's nnot fun but life can have a way of teaching us lessons.

Edited by - Akasha on Jul 02 2009 10:14:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  10:35:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste dear nirmal, and sorry for the late reply i was away from any internet connection for the last few days.

the neck thing and some of the other symptoms you've mentioned seem to be related to energy imbalances "a rough kundalini ride" but i can't be a judge on wether your problems are related to kundalini or not.

but taking the side of being cautious i think it would be a good idea if you'd take a good look at this lesson on kundalini imbalances and remedies in case you haven't yet:
http://www.aypsite.org/69.html
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  2:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For Akasha and Ananda,

Thanks Akasha! I will write in the morning. I´ve got so much to say!
And Ananda, thanks for your post. And no, I didn´t know where the lesson for kundalini imbalances was, so thank you!

love and light,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000