Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Brain & Meditation..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wivked

Azerbaijan
19 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  06:10:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit wivked's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi..

i have a question:
on this site:http://home.att.net/~meditation/

They are saying that brain create's consciousness.
That there is no kundalini, but the brain create's the illusion of it.

" The traditional Eastern descriptions of seven bodies of consciousness are derived from subjective feeling, not objective testing. It is therefore advised that you take these descriptions as subjective states of consciousness, not as proven physical science. The human brain contains approximately 100 billions neurons, all connected by an estimated 50 trillion synapses. This ocean of electrified living cells creates the organic holographic phenomena we know as consciousness. [See The Electric Brain]"

So whats your opinion about it?

because now i am a little bit disappointed.. lol..

thx..

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 29 2009 08:48:04 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  08:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  09:06:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
in my own humble opinion, brain is different from consciousness and the iam here is aware of the brain and the limited is different from that which is unlimited.

in deep meditation you notice that the brain works on it's own and that the thoughts he brings are independent from your will and you are just a witness of them and in that witness lies consciousness "pure bliss consciousness" our true nature and in time by daily practices you will see that yourself and you'll be able to control and tame that brain.

btw some sects make a distinction between lower and higher brain or lower and higher self so it would be good to elaborate on that point..

now about kundalini, it's not an illusion for those who experience it "it's too real to be an illusion" if anything is an illusion it's the thought that we are the brain and that the brain rules all in the body but to be fair some parts of the brain have a part in it but it's not only the work of them but that of the whole nervous system throughout the body but consciousness "awareness" "attention" is what leads kundalini never mention smthg behind our modest understanding the "paramatma light" .

just my 2 cents,

Ananda

p.s: most people who are considered as crazy are the ones who are tormented by their brain thoughts.
to them i have nothing to say but wake up and be still\aware and realize peace\emptiness it's a relief.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  11:31:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Personally I think a possible way of proving or disproving this would be to show whether or not plants have any form of "conciousness". They don't have brains, so if there is a measurable form of consciousness in a plant, then this theory is bunk. Personally I think it's bunk anyways, but this might be a way to prove it.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  12:41:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Carson, we all heard about talk nicely to plants and play songs and they will turn out..

well i met a guy at our store who told me that he has been doing that for years now and he is growing the most beautiful plants in a very crowded area next to a very crowded high way so who knows there might be smthg to it.

in the end isn't it all the projection of the same consciousness "That"

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  12:53:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Brother Ananda.....
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

hi Carson, we all heard about talk nicely to plants and play songs and they will turn out..

This is my experience as well. I have been living in a basement suite for almost a year now, and before that I was in a large house with lots of windows so I had a ton of plants...all types too, from cacti to perennials to herbs. When I first moved into my basement suite, all my plants started to die because there is very little natural light in there. I started to really worry about them for a few months as they all were withering and dying....out of pure desperation I ended up moving them all into my meditation room and now they have somehow miraculously stopped needing natural light! They are all blossoming, they are all growing new sections etc etc. and are as healthy as ever. So I agree that positive energy has an effect on plants.

quote:

well i met a guy at our store who told me that he has been doing that for years now and he is growing the most beautiful plants in a very crowded area next to a very crowded high way so who knows there might be smthg to it.

I don't doubt it in the least.

quote:

in the end isn't it all the projection of the same consciousness "That"

Yes sir. Consciousness is what Is. We are all That.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000