Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 some unusual concentration techniques
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  08:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Did anyone read (and may be practise?) books written by Mouni Sadhu? How well do they work? I've brought the book "Concentration: a Guide to Mental Mastery" written by Mouni Sadhu like a year ago because of the good review at amazon. But give up practising after a week or two so don't know about its result. The exercises are rather tough, unlike mantra meditation which is easy. And although he explained that he is bringing together the best technique from east and west, there's too little background information about their source and credibility. So I decided not to spend time on it. Yogic tradition seems more widely practised. Just curious if anyone here know more about this. If the techniques in the book do indeed work and is just "another path"; it may be possible to extract something useful out of it (???)

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  11:44:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alvin,

"There are many ways to the top of the mountain" as they say so although I have no experience with Mouni Sadhu, who's system may be very good for all I know, I would recommend sticking with one system in order to reach your goals.

Some paths up the mountain are very slow and take many horizontal dips and turns while others are more direct and straight to the target. AYP is like the latter, it is focussed and to the target and it is both complete and powerful. So when you reach a block along the path you will have the ability with AYP to disintegrate it so you can carry on and if you suddenly reach different terrain after being on the path for some time, you will also have the tools to adjust and carry on.

Think of it like being on a roller-coaster. There will be many unexpected dips and turns, slow moments and fast moments, moments when you feel upside down but are actually right-side up. In the end it will become obvious that it was all just one big long ride.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000