New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  5:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I attended an Insight Dialogue retreat recently given by Gregory Kramer.

What's that got to do with monogamy and polygamy, one might ask?

I'm not sure really, but my perspective on deep relationships changed during the retreat.

It was a 7 day silent retreat, except for the dialoguing which was done out of a meditative state.
We would meditate as a group of about 20 and then pair up and face each other. We would connect deeply (most of the time), often through the third eye and heart.
Gregory would give us contemplations to dialogue with and we would roughly follow a procedure of Pause(into silence), relax, open (expand), trust emergence(trusting what emerges out of the silence) and then speak the truth.

The experience of this for most people was a profound experience of deep intimacy with each other. This intimacy was the deepest I have ever experienced with anyone to date and it was done with total strangers, some male, some female, old, younger and one Buddhist monk and a Buddhist nun.
It has left me with a new perspective on the potential in relationships. Which potentially from the above experience could be monogamous or polygamous and still have the same core intimacy.
The essential nature of the intimacy was that there was nothing sought by either party.

We later did the dialogues in fours and I experienced an even more profound dept in this.

The work that this brings to oneself afterwards can be attachment to this core intimacy, deep loneliness through not having it. And all this is "grist for the mill" for self inquiry.

Having been shown this level of intimacy, which can be experienced with strangers, expereiced in meditation and with a good level of inner silence. It has changed my view on relationships and would recommend one of these retreats with Gregory to people interested in non-attached intimacy.

For me it does raise the question that it would probably not be possible without a regular meditation practice and the development of inner silence for both or all people.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  04:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a wonderful post, Sparkle! Thank you!

That type of intimacy is so True, Deep and brings a lovely expansion of What we Are.

Not as a counterargument, only as an add on...

What comes to me was suddenly...

Before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.
After enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.

Before enlightenment - get sexually (physically) intimate with someone and you'll create a different kind of relationship with that person than with a friend.
After enlightenment - get sexually (physically) intimate with someone and you'll create a different kind of relationship with that person than with a friend.

There is something about physical intimacy, even after all boundaries have been dissolved and Oneness and Love is all there is!

For example, we are suddenly not attracted to get physically intimate with someone of the same sex if we are heterosexual (or vice versa) just because we get realized as Oneness consciousness and everything is ecstacy and intimacy with "Myself", with every being.

We would probably not be attracted to get physically intimate with just anyone of the preferred sex either just because we could feel that intimacy with everyone. Life would probably still guide us to the partner(s?) that would serve Evolution of consciousness the best, that we match with best! Some might be an expression of polygamy, some of monogamy...But I doubt there would be a natural polygamic development for all realized beings just because Love is One...

Edited by - emc on Jun 30 2009 05:23:07 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000