Enlightenment Milestones
 strange gap happened yesterday
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  12:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Iwas not sure of writing this post,but i feel i need to share.I want to know if someone had this experience...
Yesterday,when i went to bed didnt fall asleep...i experienced a curious gap of unconscioussnes,with eyes close,
I dont remember very well the experience,because all my sense of individual self dissapered.I was nothing,thats the right word for it.
After the experience i opened my eyes,aware of my self again and began to fall asleep like all the normal days.
The stargest thing is that i dont remember vey well if this experience happened at night,evening or other part of the day.
When i think about it,dont know but i think i was like in spontaneous sambhavi mudra and in a strange and cold with light around me (but around is not exactly the right word...i was that light...and light not the right word because it was not light...it was beyond light or something simmilar).Feelings of being under anesthetic come to mind also.It was like being under the effects of huge quantity of alcohol.
Sorry...but this ideas come to mind when i try to remember it.There was no time and space and was a really strange automatic experience.No spiritual,emotional feelings also.
Is strange,this days im having dreams with yoga tools and experiences,but i dont remember them,cz they happen in deep sleep.But i have flashes of it.Im sure im having it.
Lately during my dm eyes always try to go in to sambhavi mudra,but when i realize it they go down again,to normal position...
Anyone experienced something like this experience that happened to me yesterday?

Edited by - miguel on Jun 17 2009 12:39:50 PM

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  2:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel, thank you for sharing your experience. I don't think you should be afraid of it, though that sort of thing can be very disconcerting. I was wondering, do you think you were breathing, or not, during the "curious gap of unconsciousness"? I know it might be hard to tell. You only become aware of this kind of "experience" after you had it, so it's hard to call it an "experience" at all. If you were not breathing, it sounds like a form of spontanious Khumbaka to me. That would not be a bad thing at all, but given this, and some of the experiences you mentioned in your other posts, it might be wise to carefully self-pace for a while. This is just my poor opinion based on incomlete information. Wiser heads may well chime in with better thoughts on the matter. Wishing You The Very Best, divinefurball
Go to Top of Page

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  3:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel, P.S., I should have mentioned, if you have had a spontanious Khumbaka type experience, you might also at the same time and afterward, have large purifications of blockages. This can have a domino effect, hence the emphasis on the self-paceing. The purification can also lead to unusally large amounts of urination as your body disposes of toxins. So drink a lot of water to avoid dehydration, and help the process, if this happens/has happend. The after effects can be quite extended. All The Best, divinefurball
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  4:57:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dont know if i was breathing...hummm...maybe not?
Yes,i only became aware after having the experience...i thought...wow...whats has happened? i remember i was a little confused...
and yes divinefurball,when i was writing the post i was not sure of using the expresion "experience",because it was not and experience....it has no name!
i remember very well ayes in shambavi mudra,but it was not physical,it was like i was "dreaming" it (i was not dreaming or sleeping,im sure)
Great changes in my life are near,i feel it,but it takes some time of course.Im doing self pacing with lot of care,and i think my sadhanna (7 mtes dm an 2 mtes sb)is under control....
After the experience,i didnt think very much about it,but it came to ming this afternoon spontaneausly and followed with a strange deep excitement,like i good thing that happened to me yesterday....
Thanks for the advices divine,i consider your answer really interesting..
I know important things are happening lately in a deep subtle level...
Go to Top of Page

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  6:19:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi miguel, I'm glad to hear about your self-pacing. It sounds good. It is interesting that you had another one of these (dominoes ). It can happen that they last "longer" - become more "comperhensive and intense" and for the emergence from this "stateless state" to become more gradual, allowing more awareness of what is/was happening. But it can be too much too fast, very, very, easily. It might be good for you to do anything you find especially grounding, to help the self pacing (eating heavier food maybe, or walks in natural setting, if you haven't tried these already - whatever). I really don't think you would want this sort of thing unfolding all at once. So carry on, but my thought is, don't rush. You said: "After the experience,i didnt think very much about it,but it came to ming this afternoon spontaneausly", I think thats a good approch. I hope these words are some small help. All The Best, divinefurball

P.P.S. I read your second post again a few times and I think I should have read "came to ming this afternoon spontaneausly" as "came to mind". Somehow I thought you meant you had that "experience" again. That may be just as well for now. Sorry I misunderstood, otherwise anything else I said is the best I can do for now. dfb

Edited by - divinefurball on Jun 17 2009 8:28:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  01:59:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi dvf,

It hasnt happened againd,it only happened once.Sorry...maybe the english wsnt very good...

When i said "came to mind (SORRY) this afternoon" i am saying that i remembered the experience spontaneously the day after,only that...but i havent had the "experience" again...

Due to my self pacing under control,im having some experiences along the days (like this),but in a very smoothly way.

Sorry for the confusion...

Edited by - miguel on Jun 18 2009 02:33:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  09:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoy Miguel.
Try not to analyze too much.. good things are happening.. you don't remember because these things happen beyond the mind.. the mind can only guess what it was all about.

Also since you are getting more aware/conscious.. you remember being in the gap.. aware sleep.. Lesson 213 - Q&A – Conscious sleeping.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  12:26:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks shanti.
Yes,i know,the mind....and i know the experience is only scenary...but it was the most strange and automatic experience i have had..really strange...and when i think about eyes in sambhavi...wow...it was like a trance state or something like that...
howhever, shanti,i know im not all this thoughts also.......i continue doing inquiry...
Thanks for the link!

Edited by - miguel on Jun 18 2009 12:31:04 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000