Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 The Law Of One
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  4:05:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone have any knowledge of/about The Law of One (Ra) material? Here is a link to a site with much of the material in a semi organized way. Wondering if this is just "Neo-Advaita" in a nutshell or if it is much more then that.

Love,
Carson

http://www.lawofone.info/

and here is a brief synopsis in Q and A form of what The Law of One is...
http://www.lawofone.info/q_and_a.php

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jun 09 2009 4:06:53 PM

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  7:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Does anyone have any knowledge of/about The Law of One (Ra) material? Here is a link to a site with much of the material in a semi organized way. Wondering if this is just "Neo-Advaita" in a nutshell or if it is much more then that.

Love,
Carson

http://www.lawofone.info/

and here is a brief synopsis in Q and A form of what The Law of One is...
http://www.lawofone.info/q_and_a.php

Hm.

Based on somewhat cursory review .... I'd say The Law of One is:

A somewhat catchy website name.

It doesn't seem to have a lot to do with Advaita, "Neo", or otherwise.

(And nothing against the material ... I didn't really resonate with it ... but I'm not "dissing" it, either ... I just wanted to mention that it literally doesn't seem to be Advaitic .... despite the name of the site.)

It's sounds like channeled (?) stuff ... more Neo-Age (New Age) than Advaitic, by definition, I'd say (Advaitins don't tend to talk much about other galaxies ...... not that there's anything wrong with that ..... ).

Basically, Neo-Advaitins are the anti-practices crowd whose views some AYPers find ... less than .... fully efficacious. <- Gotta love that Kirtanmaniacal Political Correctness!

The attitude of Neo-Advaitins tends to be:

"There's nothing to practice; All This Is Already It!" ... And while, technically, that's an accurate statement, and theoretically, simply returning to that "view" is the most direct (Non)-Path ... awakening in that manner seems both a lot rougher and a lot less likely than via Advaitic Yoga (aka Mysticism).

Advaitins fall into two divisions:

1. Those who are specifically followers of Advaita Vedanta (the "Non-Duality That Is The End of Knowledge") ... who are like Neo-Advaitins, but tend to not be quite as tightly-wound ... and with a very comprehensive philosophy (as opposed to Neo-Advaitins who are more about "This Is It!" - period).

2. Anyone who truly experiences non-duality and/or who is part of a non-dual system (Kashmir Shaivism, Dzogchen, Vajrayana Buddhism, Kabbalah, Sophian Gnosticism, etc.) And Please Note: some may consider my definition here too "loose" ... but it's literal: ALL of these systems (and quite a few others) teach that Awareness is a single field - One; yet, most of them are more open to the value of practices in evolving neuro-anatomy to be able to *experience* this reality, than are Advaita Vedanta or Neo-Vedanta.)

And that's not said to disparage those latter two groups ... a good number of people do awaken via those paths ... as opposed to most spiritual systems where they do not (because most spiritual systems don't teach awakening .... they teach "salvation after you die").

And .... the LawOfOne doesn't seem to fall into any of those categories, far as I can tell -- despite the name of the site.

Hope that helps clarify that One aspect, at least!

It's Good To Be AUM,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jun 11 2009 8:37:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Simon

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  12:29:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yea, it's a channeled book. It was written in the 80s I think. I've read lots of channeled stuff, but not this one. But I've been told that "The Law of One" is supposed to be a very good book. Compared to all the other channeled stuff that's out there.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  5:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So I am delving into it as I have time.....There is a lot I resonate with once you get further into the teachings and away from the "background" of the entity and the best way to keep the channel comfortable. Here is an excerpt I like as an example of what kind of information the "Ra" entity is giving:

Questioner: We have decided to accept, if offered, the honor/duty of learning/teaching the healing process. I would ask as to the first step which we should accomplish in becoming effective healers.

Ra: I am Ra. We shall begin with the first of the three teachings/learnings.

We begin with the mental learn/teaching necessary for contact with intelligent infinity. The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

Within the door lies an hierarchical construction you may liken unto geography and in some ways geometry, for the hierarchy is quite regular, bearing inner relationships.

To begin to master the concept of mental disciplines it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

The second mental discipline is acceptance of the completeness within your consciousness. It is not for a being of polarity in the physical consciousness to pick and choose among attributes, thus building the roles that cause blockages and confusions in the already distorted mind complex. Each acceptance smoothes part of the many distortions that the faculty you call judgment engenders.

The third discipline of the mind is a repetition of the first but with the gaze outward toward the fellow entities that it meets. In each entity there exists completeness. Thus, the ability to understand each balance is necessary. When you view patience, you are responsible for mirroring in your mental understandings, patience/impatience. When you view impatience, it is necessary for your mental configuration of understanding to be impatience/patience. We use this as a simple example. Most configurations of mind have many facets, and understanding of either self polarities, or what you would call other-self polarities, can and must be understood as subtle work.

The next step is the acceptance of the other-self polarities, which mirrors the second step. These are the first four steps of learning mental disciplines. The fifth step involves observing the geographical and geometrical relationships and ratios of the mind, the other mind, the mass mind, and the infinite mind.

The second area of learn/teaching is the study/understanding of the body complexes. It is necessary to know your body well. This is a matter of using the mind to examine how the feelings, the biases, what you would call the emotions, affect various portions of the body complex. It shall be necessary to both understand the bodily polarity and to accept them, repeating in a chemical/physical manifestation the work you have done upon the mind bethinking the consciousness.

The body is a creature of the mind’s creation. It has its biases. The biological bias must be first completely understood and then the opposite bias allowed to find full expression in understanding. Again, the process of acceptance of the body as a balanced, as well as polarized, individual may then be accomplished. It is then the task to extend this understanding to the bodies of the other-selves whom you will meet.

The simplest example of this is the understanding that each biological male is female; each biological female is male. This is a simple example. However, in almost every case wherein you are attempting the understanding of the body of self or other-self, you will again find that the most subtle discernment is necessary in order to fully grasp the polarity complexes involved.

Taken from here: http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?session_id=5

And the continuation of this lesson taken from here:

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?session_id=6

The third area is the spiritual complex which embodies the fields of force and consciousness which are the least distorted of your mind/body/spirit complex. The exploration and balancing of the spirit complex is indeed the longest and most subtle part of your learn/teaching. We have considered the mind as a tree. The mind controls the body. With the mind single-pointed, balanced, and aware, the body comfortable in whatever biases and distortions make it appropriately balanced for that instrument, the instrument is then ready to proceed with the greater work.

That is the work of wind and fire. The spiritual body energy field is a pathway, or channel. When body and mind are receptive and open, then the spirit can become a functioning shuttle or communicator from the entity’s individual energy/will upwards, and from the streamings of the creative fire and wind downwards.

The healing ability, like all other, what this instrument would call, paranormal abilities, is affected by the opening of a pathway or shuttle into intelligent infinity. There are many upon your plane who have a random hole or gateway in their spirit energy field, sometimes created by the ingestion of chemicals such as, what this instrument would call LSD, who are able, randomly and without control, to tap into energy sources. They may or may not be entities who wish to serve. The purpose of carefully and consciously opening this channel is to serve in a more dependable way, in a more commonplace or usual way, as seen by the distortion complex of the healer. To others there may appear to be miracles. To the one who has carefully opened the door to intelligent infinity this is ordinary; this is commonplace; this is as it should be. The life experience becomes somewhat transformed. The great work goes on.

At this time we feel these exercises suffice for your beginning. We will, at a future time, when you feel you have accomplished that which is set before you, begin to guide you into a more precise understanding of the functions and uses of this gateway in the experience of healing.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jun 15 2009 5:22:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  4:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's an excerpt basically on how a "balanced" being would react to a hypothetical situation....I liked it so I thought I would share:

Taken from here:

http://www.lawofone.info/results.ph...42&sc=1&ss=1

Questioner: I will attempt to make an analogy. If an animal, shall I say, a bull, in a pen attacks you because you have wandered into his pen, you get out of his way rapidly but you do not blame him. You do not have much of an emotional response other than the response that he might damage you. However, if you encounter another self in his territory and he attacks you, your response may be more of an emotional nature creating physical bodily responses. Am I correct in assuming that when your response to the animal and to the other-self is that of seeing both as Creator and loving both and understanding their action in attacking you is the action of their free will then you have balanced yourself correctly in this area? Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is basically correct. However, the balanced entity will see in the seeming attack of an other-self the causes of this action which are, in most cases, of a more complex nature than the cause of the attack of the second-density bull as was your example. Thus this balanced entity would be open to many more opportunities for service to a third-density other-self.

Questioner: Would a perfectly balanced entity feel any emotional response in being attacked by the other-self?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. The response is love.

Questioner: In the illusion that we now experience it is difficult to maintain this response especially if the attack results in physical pain, but I assume that this response should be maintained even through physical pain or loss of life. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct and further is of a major or principle importance in understanding, shall we say, the principle of balance. Balance is not indifference but rather the observer not blinded by any feelings of separation but rather fully imbued with love.

Really speaks to me at this point in my journey.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  5:12:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some more food for thought. This one is directly related to what we are doing here in AYP. Would be interested in hearing other's opinions on this piece. Taken from here:

http://www.lawofone.info/results.ph...49&sc=1&ss=1

Questioner: Will you expand on the positive and negative polarizations in general and how they apply to individuals and planets, etc.? I think there is a correlation here, but I’m not sure.

Ra: I am Ra. It is correct that there is a correlation between the energy field of an entity of your nature and planetary bodies, for all material is constructed by means of the dynamic tension of the magnetic field. The lines of force in both cases may be seen to be much like the interweaving spirals of the braided hair. Thus positive and negative wind and interweave forming geometric relationships in the energy fields of both persons, as you would call a mind/body/spirit complex, and planets.

The negative pole is the south pole or the lower pole. The north or upper pole is positive. The crisscrossing of these spiraling energies form primary, secondary, and tertiary energy centers. You are familiar with the primary energy centers of the physical, mental, and spiritual body complex. Secondary points of the crisscrossing of positive and negative center orientation revolve about several of your centers. The yellow-ray center may be seen to have secondary energy centers in elbow, in knee, and in the subtle bodies at a slight spacing from the physical vehicle at points describing diamonds about the entity’s naval area surrounding the body.

One may examine each of the energy centers for such secondary centers. Some of your peoples work with these energy centers, and you call this acupuncture. However, it is to be noted that there are most often anomalies in the placement of the energy centers so that the scientific precision of this practice is brought into question. Like most scientific attempts at precision, it fails to take into account the unique qualities of each creation.

The most important concept to grasp about the energy field is that the lower or negative pole will draw the universal energy into itself from the cosmos. Therefrom it will move upward to be met and reacted to by the positive spiraling energy moving downward from within. The measure of an entity’s level of ray activity is the locus wherein the south pole outer energy has been met by the inner spiraling positive energy.

As an entity grows more polarized this locus will move upwards. This phenomenon has been called by your peoples the kundalini. However, it may better be thought of as the meeting place of cosmic and inner, shall we say, vibratory understanding. To attempt to raise the locus of this meeting without realizing the metaphysical principles of magnetism upon which this depends is to invite great imbalance.

Questioner: What process would be the recommended process for correctly awakening the kundalini and of what value would that be?

Ra: I am Ra. The metaphor of the coiled serpent being called upwards is vastly appropriate for consideration by your peoples. This is what you are attempting when you seek. There are, as we have stated, great misapprehensions concerning this metaphor and the nature of pursuing its goal. We must generalize and ask that you grasp the fact that this in effect renders far less useful that which we share. However, as each entity is unique, generalities are our lot when communicating for your possible edification.

We have two types of energy. We are attempting then, as entities in any true color of this octave, to move the meeting place of inner and outer natures further and further along or upward along the energy centers. The two methods of approaching this with sensible method are first, the seating within one’s self of those experiences which are attracted to the entity through the south pole. Each experience will need to be observed, experienced, balanced, accepted, and seated within the individual. As the entity grows in self-acceptance and awareness of catalyst the location of the comfortable seating of these experiences will rise to the new true color entity. The experience, whatever it may be, will be seated in red ray and considered as to its survival content and so forth.

Each experience will be sequentially understood by the growing and seeking mind/body/spirit complex in terms of survival, then in terms of personal identity, then in terms of social relations, then in terms of universal love, then in terms of how the experience may beget free communication, then in terms of how the experience may be linked to universal energies, and finally in terms of the sacramental nature of each experience.

Meanwhile the Creator lies within. In the north pole the crown is already upon the head and the entity is potentially a god. This energy is brought into being by the humble and trusting acceptance of this energy through meditation and contemplation of the self and of the Creator.

Where these energies meet is where the serpent will have achieved its height. When this uncoiled energy approaches universal love and radiant being the entity is in a state whereby the harvestability of the entity comes nigh.

Questioner: Will you recommend a technique of meditation?

Ra: I am Ra. No.

Questioner: Is it better, or shall I say, does it produce more useable results in meditation to leave the mind as blank as possible and let it run down, so to speak, or is it better to focus in meditation on some object or some thing for concentration?

Ra: I am Ra. This shall be the last full query of this work time.

Each of the two types of meditation is useful for a particular reason. The passive meditation involving the clearing of the mind, the emptying of the mental jumble which is characteristic of mind complex activity among your peoples, is efficacious for those whose goal is to achieve an inner silence as a base from which to listen to the Creator. This is an useful and helpful tool and is by far the most generally useful type of meditation as opposed to contemplation or prayer.

The type of meditation which may be called visualization has as its goal not that which is contained in the meditation itself. Visualization is the tool of the adept. Those who learn to hold visual images in mind are developing an inner concentrative power that can transcend boredom and discomfort. When this ability has become crystallized in an adept the adept may then do polarizing in consciousness without external action which can effect the planetary consciousness. This is the reason for the existence of the so-called White Magician. Only those wishing to pursue the conscious raising of planetary vibration will find visualization to be a particularly satisfying type of meditation.

Contemplation or the consideration in a meditative state of an inspiring image or text is extremely useful also among your peoples, and the faculty of will called praying is also of a potentially helpful nature. Whether it is indeed an helpful activity depends quite totally upon the intentions and objects of the one who prays.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  1:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another excerpt.....this one really gets me right in the heart....taken from here: http://www.lawofone.info/results.ph...50&sc=1&ss=1

Questioner: Can you expand on the concept which is that it is necessary for an entity, during incarnation in the physical as we know it, to become polarized or interact properly with other entities and why this isn’t possible in between incarnations when the entity is aware of what he wants to do. Why must he come into an incarnation and lose conscious memory of what he wants to do and then act in a way in which he hopes to act?

Ra: I am Ra. Let us give the example of the man who sees all the poker hands. He then knows the game. It is but child’s play to gamble, for it is no risk. The other hands are known. The possibilities are known and the hand will be played correctly but with no interest.

In time/space and in the true color green density, the hands of all are open to the eye. The thoughts, the feelings, the troubles, all these may be seen. There is no deception and no desire for deception. Thus much may be accomplished in harmony but the mind/body/spirit gains little polarity from this interaction.

Let us re-examine this metaphor and multiply it into the longest poker game you can imagine, a lifetime. The cards are love, dislike, limitation, unhappiness, pleasure, etc. They are dealt and re-dealt and re-dealt continuously. You may, during this incarnation begin—and we stress begin—to know your own cards. You may begin to find the love within you. You may begin to balance your pleasure, your limitations, etc. However, your only indication of other-selves’ cards is to look into the eyes.

You cannot remember your hand, their hands, perhaps even the rules of this game. This game can only be won by those who lose their cards in the melting influence of love, can only be won by those who lay their pleasures, their limitations, their all upon the table face up and say inwardly: “All, all of you players, each other-self, whatever your hand, I love you.” This is the game: to know, to accept, to forgive, to balance, and to open the self in love. This cannot be done without the forgetting, for it would carry no weight in the life of the mind/body/spirit being-ness totality.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Simon

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  9:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

Have you finished "The law of one". Can you recommend it??
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  10:36:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Simon.....

No I haven't finished it yet. I am on "Session" or "Chapter" 63 I believe. It is very very long and there is a LOT of hard to swallow material that takes some serious time to properly digest so I have had to go slow. I have found that this text really filled in a lot of blanks for me and caused some openings that I am still trying to integrate right now.

Would I recommend it...hmmmm....I recommend that you read things that you resonate with. I don't know if you will resonate with the Law of One or not. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who would start the book and within a few chapters be saying "this is garbage". Others I'm sure would start reading it and within a few chapters be saying "I have found IT....this is what I have been looking for". Personally I resonate with a LOT of what is said in the book. Most of that being the spiritually related stuff...the stuff to do with "The Law of One". There is a lot of material (questions asked by the "questioner") that is about some pretty trivial matters, but most of it is necessary to put the spiritual stuff into proper perspective for those coming to the material without an Advaitic or quantum physics background.

I would recommend that if you are interested, you take some time to read the first ten chapters or so. If at that point you think it is garbage I wouldn't waste your time continuing cause it won't get any better. If you resonate with it, or if it intrigues you by the tenth chapter, I'm sure you will likely read to the finish.

Hope this helps...

Love,
Carson

Oh....and you may be a bit put off by the way "Ra" uses the English language, but in "his" defence it must be difficult to speak in ways that make sense to someone who is still identified with his "seperateness" when you see everything as aspects of the "One". Meaning it would be hard to talk "normally" if you literally couldn't see any difference from one person to the next.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jul 16 2009 10:39:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Simon

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  5:27:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson. Thx for your explanations. I'll give it a try. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000