Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Classical Indian music
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simon

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  10:05:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Simon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello everyone. Lately, thanks to a friend, I got fond listener of Indian classical music. Some time ago the only classical Indian music I knew was Ravi Shanker but now I become more and more aware of all the great Indian artists, who are out there. My current favorite are the Gundecha brothers. They're very gifted drummers and singers. It's very deep. I can recommend the album "Darshan".
What's your favorite classical Indian music?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5DOy3qkeDU

Edited by - Simon on Jun 09 2009 10:11:21 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  10:17:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!!
That sure gets heart energy moving.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  2:07:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link, Simon.

I love dhrupad and khyal - check out the Mallik Family. Great to 'sing' along to - I just harmonize wordlessly (when nobody's around, obviously!)...

Try this site: www.musicindiaonline.com. There's a mad amount of classical on there - Carnatic and Hindustani. Hours and hours of pleasure!
Go to Top of Page

Simon

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  5:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi grihastha. householder, isn't it?
Thx for your recommendations. I'll check it out.

Another great artist. Zakir Hussain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbDofgD04dc

Edited by - Simon on Jun 09 2009 5:45:08 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000