Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Excellent New Kirtan Overview Video By Krishna Das
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  9:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Excellent New Kirtan Overview Video By Krishna Das

Krishna Das Talking/Chanting in Brazil.

Includes his casual-yet-unspeakably-profound overview of kirtan ... as well as some ancient-yet-timeless kirtan.

In the Joy of the Heart of This Part of the All,

Kirtanman

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  10:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

By The Way: That video link (above, 1st post in this thread) is actually to a video player with quite a few great kirtan-related videos! <-- Not just the video from Brazil I mentioned, initially.

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  04:36:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks kritanman,he touch deeply my hearth.He creates lot of peace around.

Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxXf...ture=related

Edited by - miguel on Jun 05 2009 05:00:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  08:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks kirtanman for show me/us Krishna Das.He songs are full of bhakti.I love that soul.

Let me shou you one song that brings here silence,joy,pure divine love....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIerHidEU4Q

...................love......................................................................

Edited by - miguel on Jun 08 2009 08:21:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  9:35:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by miguel

Thanks kirtanman for show me/us Krishna Das.He songs are full of bhakti.I love that soul.

Let me shou you one song that brings here silence,joy,pure divine love....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIerHidEU4Q

...................love......................................................................

Thanks, Miguel!

& Yes, I agree - this (Govinda Hare) is one of KD's most moving chants. I've chanted it with him live (as part of the kirtan group) on several occasions .. once (in San Francisco, California) with several hundred like-hearted kirtanistas; it was awesome!

It's Good To Be AUM!

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  04:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow,you had that experience....i can imagine it....
Listening govnda hare in this moments brings lot of bliss,silence and a little ecstasi.
My hearth full of love with krishna das voice!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  1:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Kirtanman

I had never heard of Krishna Das....and what's worse...neither do I know what "Govinda Hare" or "gopal hare" means

Thanks for picking that chant, Miguel.....I was so moved by it that I had to go and get my flute........so have sung and played with the tape now

Thanks for that joy both of you

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  1:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

neither do I know what "Govinda Hare" or "gopal hare" means

Govinda and Gopal are names of Krishna.. no wonder you were so attracted to it.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  1:35:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Govinda and Gopal are other names for Krishna (the atractive one,divine love).Hare is the way for saying "hello" to the deity.Like namaha and that kind of words.

Text of the song:

"Govinda hare, Gopaala hare
He Prabhu deena dayaala hare"

And krishna plays many times his flute in the pictures about him!

take a look here:

http://vamsikarra.files.wordpress.c.../krishna.jpg

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  1:36:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
we crossposted shanti,or posted at the same time

Edited by - miguel on Jun 09 2009 1:37:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  1:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shanti and Miguel

quote:
Govinda and Gopal are names of Krishna.. no wonder you were so attracted to it.

Wow.....

quote:
"Govinda hare, Gopaala hare
He Prabhu deena dayaala hare"

I see.....I am sorry but now you've got me going....what does He Prabhu deena dayaala mean?

Thanks for the beautiful picture Miguel......

Very interesting...he plays his flute with the breath of space in that picture.....it doesn' have to touch his lips.....

Sorry again....but why is his body this blue like silver colour?

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  1:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hare krishna!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((..........Love.........))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Edited by - miguel on Jun 09 2009 1:48:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  1:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i just had a flashback...to that Indian restaurant in Oslo....where i went 2-3 years ago...eating lunch all by myself....the restaurant was empty.....and where i kept looking for Krishna among the pictures on the walls...and didn't see him until I stopped looking.....

.....i posted about it here.....but have forgotten where....

It was the first time I read the Yoga sutras of Patanyali....

But apart from reading about Amma this past fall...for some reason i never read about Krishna......

Playing that chant did something to me.....
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  2:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes,the chant is very powerful here also.Its connected with hearth and uncoonditional love...krishna is pure divine love...and i love him since i listened the clip....!

Prabhu-intimate and sweet way for calling god

Deena dayal-God attribute that always forgive and feel sory for those who come to him without hiden intentions.Like the best of our friends.

Hare-"hello krishna"!

The flute is one of those flutes wich you dont touch with you lipes i think,you just have to blow to it.

I dont know why krishna has always blue colour,but there is a reason for sure...related with love i think...

Just looked for it on google,im not an erudite

love

Edited by - miguel on Jun 09 2009 2:06:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  2:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

i just had a flashback...to that Indian restaurant in Oslo....where i went 2-3 years ago...eating lunch all by myself....the restaurant was empty.....and where i kept looking for Krishna among the pictures on the walls...and didn't see him until I stopped looking.....

.....i posted about it here.....but have forgotten where....

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=959
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  2:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the translation Miguel

quote:
Just looked for it on google,im not an erudite

*lol*....point taken (although I don't know what an erudite is....I get the jist of it)

Hi Shanti

Yes......you found it (your memory is not of this world :-)....thank you

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  2:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine,
Not was my intention to say to you "look for it on google,its so easy..." (maybe you thought that...or maybe not....or maybe you didnt think,just presence...). I said that cz i dont like to fall in vanity,and i confessed from where i got the information.
erudite is a person with tons of knowledge.And Im not that kind of person...
all the best katrine.

Edited by - miguel on Jun 09 2009 2:21:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  2:30:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Miguel,

There are plenty of thoughts here.......within the presence.....sometimes faint......other times coming forward *lol*

Nothing was wrong with your post, Miguel :-) (and yes...I was ready to go on google....it's a good idea....I always forget that possibility.......it is a mixture of ecitement and laziness *lol*

"Erudite"...yes...lot's of knowledge had to be unlearned here (still in the process of unlearning)....so don't worry.....

All is well
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  4:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think i was a victim of my thoughts....again...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000