Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Allergic to grass: any natural remedies?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  07:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I just found out that my daughter is allergic to grass. The doc wants to put her on some prescription eye drops.

Any natural or holisitc remedies?

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  08:02:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can only say that with amaroli, spinal breathing and meditation, I've lost practically all my allergies to various types of grass, polen, some vegetables and nuts.

I think amaroli plays a big role in this. After one year, my allergic reactions were much less present. This spring and summer, they seem to be gone practically completely. I don't know how suitable amaroli is for children, though. (If your daughter is young.)
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  08:23:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent point tadeas. My daughter is 10 years old. I don't have her doing any yoga practices presently other than Jala Neti (salt water nasal rinse). I am looking for rememdies that would be appropriate for a 10 year old girl.
Go to Top of Page

thibaud05

France
86 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  08:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am also very sensitive to grass. Plantago (plantain) helps me strengthen the immune system in the spring season when I get constant allergic reactions due to hayfever. It really does make a difference for me and it is a natural plant remedy worth trying if it is suitable for children (I assume it is suitable).
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  9:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Solo,

I'm allergic to grass and several other plants, yet one of my favorite hobbies is gardening. Go figure. I got a lot of eye infections and allergy symptoms from it. A friend told me about some homeopathic eye drops from the maker 'Similasan', available in drug stores and natural food stores.

I thought 'oh sure, sure' but I tried it and I'm telling you honestly, those eye drops worked better for curing eye infections and eye allergy symptoms than any prescription. I use the allergy eye drops and the pink eye drops when I have an infection. They work like a champ.

With all this said...this is your beloved daughter, and while you can try these drops and see if they work for allergy symptoms you must take her to a physician if her eyes don't improve within a day's time.

Also, if it is an infection and not just allergy stuff, changing linens and hand towels daily is a must, so that she'll get well and the rest of the family won't pick up conjunctivitis.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  10:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm allergic to grass also, and used to take a lot of antihistamine pills.
i have been able to get rid of most of the allergy by eating a lot of raw veggies (salad) and drink a lot of water. I get a lot of exercise also, strenuous enough to sweat a lot.
My theory is that the allergies are caused by toxins, and these methods clear them out.
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  07:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
accupuncture helps somewhat. THere are two points around the nose and to by the eye brows that help. If you do accupressure when outside that wil also help a good bit. Google it
Go to Top of Page

kingseeker

Uruguay
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  5:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit kingseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the best thing to do with grass is smoke it!!!!
i think, pranayama, amaroli, and a sattvic diet,wiil help
i do also recommend cannabbbis, if you don t like smoking it you may always eat it
just make sure you offer some first specially if you did not grow it,

Go to Top of Page

innercall

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  07:53:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My son had some food allergies and we treated him with NEAT (Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Techniques). It is a technique that works by putting the patient in contact with the allergen while stimulating various acupuncture points. It worked for him.

Maybe you can locate a practitioner near you. Here is the web site of this therapy: http://www.naet.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000