Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 What Am I Doing???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  5:07:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've incorporated Spinal Bastrika Pranayama into my 2x daily routine for probably 2-3 months now. No major adverse effects, and overall I feel like ecstatic conductivity is increasing: I feel more energy throughout the length of the spine, both in practices and outside of them (stronger in the top than the bottom). In fact, a few days ago I put my hands on my sister's shoulders and after a minute or two she said it was causing a tingling feeling up her neck onto her head...interesting...maybe it was my bad breath

Anywhooo, a few days ago after doing a 1-2 minutes of bastrika, I felt "inclined" to change things up a little bit. I continued with the rapid "doggy-panting" bastrika breathing, but instead of rapidly tracing from root to brow, I slowly traced the energy up each inch of my spine to the brow and then slowly back down to the root. I did this for 1-2 minutes...

Doesn't seem like this is quite fits as Targeted Bastrika and doesn't seem like this is quite Navi Kriya...

Is this OK to do? Too powerful? Anyone else have any experience doing bastrika this way and have experiences to share?

Don't want to get too far off the reservation...

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2009 :  03:22:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

Is this OK to do? Too powerful? Anyone else have any experience doing bastrika this way and have experiences to share?

Looks like you're on the front lines, my man. I don't see why this would be any more intense than targeted bastrika. However, I've never tried this.

If you just spontaneously "felt inclined" to try it, your inner guru may have nudged you towards it.

Do let us know how it goes. It may take a week or two to know if it's too much...

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2009 :  9:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the response cosmic!!

I'm going to follow the inner guru and continue with a couple minutes of each type of bastrika, and just be on guard for signs of overloading.

Seems like the conductivity is starting to come up, but isn't yet freely flowing in the sushumna...the way I'm sensing it during practice is that the slow tracing up and down during bastrika is like using a scraper on the obstructions (targeted bastrika for the whole spine???), while the normal bastrika is like running a pipe cleaner through the channel.

At some point the scraper probably won't be necessary, but right now it feels like a helpful variation for where I am in the process...

I truly appreciate the input and standby with the spatula in case I need to be scraped off the pavement

Much Love
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000