Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Meditation/My Ego
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kmf333

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  8:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit kmf333's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Thank you to everyone who has helped me with getting started on AYP!

My meditation is going very well. I am looking at each experience as "scenery," and that has helped me to relax and just "go with" whatever experience I have.

Just a quick comment.

It came to me during one of my meditations that perhaps I posted my first experience because of what it might have said about "me," that it somehow made me "more." It made me "the-one-who-goes-so-deeply-the-first-time." Of course, that is not who I am.

I genuinely was very excited and a little worried about my first experience, but I found myself "fantasying" that perhaps I went "deeper" "sooner" and "more intensely" than other people had done. This would make me "special." Of course, that is all ego and not who I am at all!

I did not consciously post my first experience as an ego-booster; however, I can see where posting with an unconscious ulterior motive - to boost my ego - would be very easy to do.

My first experience was awesome, and I will always remember it, and the experiences I am having by continuing my practice are awesome, too. But I will try not to confuse "who I am" with "how well I meditate." Sounds simple enough, but I find the ego hiding everywhere!!!!!!

I hope each of us gets what we each need from our practice

Thanks for "listening," and stay well all!

Kelly

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  5:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kmf333 Sounds simple enough, but I find the ego hiding everywhere!!!!!!

I hope each of us gets what we each need from our practice

Thanks for "listening," and stay well all!

Kelly

Its dastardly cunning that Ego. Stick with the program and it gets a bit bored and stops hanging around quite so much as it gradually becomes weaker.

You can let your experiences just fold into the silence when you start getting it.
Go to Top of Page

kmf333

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  11:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit kmf333's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Karl, for your support!

Kelly
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000