Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Some bright circular light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jnaga

USA
8 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  12:22:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jnaga's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hi Everyone,

I had a very pleasant experience about a week ago during Yoni mudra kumbhaka, which I do as we are instructed in Lesson 91. About half of my field of vision with my eyes closed, in the center, circular with a sharply defined circumference, became bright as though a sun, but not orange or yellowish as is our sun's light, but very white like snow, only it did not hurt to "look" directly at it, which I did, while continuing the practice. It lasted about 20 seconds. And has not recurred.

I understand these things are incidental scenery. Still, I must admit, I am curious what it was that happened. Does this have anything to do with the "third eye". What did happen?

Pleasure to read everyone's posts. You all are neat.

Ray.

Edited by - AYPforum on May 18 2009 03:57:42 AM

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  03:14:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jnaga

Welcome to the forum

Wonderful that good things come up because of your practices
The experiences we have may differ some, but they are all related to the same biological/spiritual/scientific make-up in all of us. I am no expert when it comes to the third eye, but if you read Yogani's lessons quoted from below, you can see how the third eye is related to all of this.

As you say, what we see during meditation is treated as scenery, but in-between sitting times we can certainly enjoy the fact that good things are happening within.

Practice wisely
and enjoy

http://www.aypsite.org/92.html

http://www.aypsite.org/179.html

Experiences are the "scenery" we notice on the way to enlightenment. We are certainly entitled to enjoy the visions that come. At the same time, it is important to recognize that experiences are a product of the purification occurring in our nervous system due to daily practices. As with any journey, we can enjoy the view along the way. But to reach our destination, obviously, we must keep on traveling. That means gently favoring the practices we are doing over experiences that may come up during our routine. After our practices, during the day, if we have visions, we can enjoy them, or favor the work we may be doing at the time. It is our choice. Inner experiences will become a regular part of our life, and we will go on to ever-higher expressions of the divine shining out through us. In time, we become pure channels of divine love in the world.

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  03:57:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000