Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 noticed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  12:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
today I noticed when laying down breathing the I can focus on breahting in the lower region and fill up the area between my peniuiun and just above the navel. Then when doing a breathign practice i can fill fomr the shoulders down to that are just above the navel. However getting a full breath is blocked by that area just above the navel, either above it or below it instead of all of it. I can force it to incorporate all of it but not as smoothly as when I choose one or the other.
thanks
Brother Neil

Edited by - AYPforum on May 17 2009 3:34:01 PM

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  3:59:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Unwinding the belly" is an awesome book on abdominal breathing and massage technique if you'd like to look into this more deeply.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  5:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  8:11:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brother Neil:

If this is spinal breathing you are attempting to do, just go right past the navel and make sure you end up at the brow at the completion of inhalation and at the root at the completion of exhalation. It is not necessary to stop at any point in-between. If we get stuck, we can pass through that place or jump right over it. That way we are covering the full length of the spinal nerve, which is the best way to assure that obstructions everywhere in-between and beyond will become gradually cleared out. In the AYP approach, we do not attempt to "clear chakras" individually. The approach is much more holistic, and so are the results.

Of course, doing deep meditation right after spinal breathing is the other half of the formula. The two practices done in sequence will produce far greater results than either one alone.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000