New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  1:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Moderator note: This topic has been split off from another topic:
here

The crown is not nearly as scary as many make out if it is handled in the right way. There are a few of us here who use direct crown opening practices. I use about 5 different crown practices, and have done for about 3 or 4 years. When the time is right, you may be drawn to do this and it is a matter of following the instructions carefully in lesson 199, and then self pacing as necessary. The crown practices that I do are amongst my favorite spiritual practices.

Enjoy

Christi

Edited by - AYPforum on May 12 2009 10:43:43 AM

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  2:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
brother Christy, can you share these crown practices with us in a seperate topic or is that out of limit for some reason.

hope i am not asking for too much, and if it's a bother than never mind my post.

i practice focusing on a white light at the crown and that is one hell of a crown practice which brings up ecstatic energy up through the whole body even more than kechari stage 4, plus i bring down white energy from above the crown and fill the whole body with it just to cool things down.

and i use spinal bastrika via the crown every now and then...

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  2:34:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

I don't think it is "out of bounds". And it may not warrent a new topic. You mentioned 3 of the practices I do: Bringing the attention to the crown, imagining a white light coming down through the crown filling the body, and root to crown spinal bastrika. The other two I use are root to crown spinal breathing (after root to ajna spinal breathing) and the microcosmic orbit with mild kumbaka at both root and crown.

Absolutely amazing practices, my favorites in the box.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  2:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
p.s.

Yogani is not against crown practices, he just believes that they should be done wisely and after certain pre-requisites have been met. The pre-requisites are all layed out in lesson 199 and the lesson on targetted spinal bastrika (I think), and two of the practices are described in lesson 199.

the lesson on crown strategy basically says that you don't need to do any of it if you simply want to play safe and still become enlightened. The basic practices will take you there anyway.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  2:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thx a lot Christy.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  3:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Christy, try this you might find it to be a very pleasant practice.

at my evening session today during the time used for concentrating on the crown i felt the urge to do some spinal attention movements down and up from root to crown and up than backwards down.

and during that the vision of my first crown opening scenery came back to me and when it happened there was a pillar of white light coming down from the heavens and filling me up..

so i remembered the white pillar and to my surprise it was just there and became very very alive reaching out from the muladhara up to the heavens and all i had to do was move the energy up and down\down then up between the root and the heavens along the white pillar without involving breath.

and it was super ecstatic white light purification but to be honest with you thoughts of postponed overloading activity arose so i stopped for the time being but will definitely do this practice from now on but in moderation of course.

namaste brother,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  4:04:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing, Ananda!
Thanks for sharing...
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  08:39:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Nice one.

I have mentioned this light in a few posts a couple of years ago. Aurobindo and Mother Meera refer to this light as the Paramatma light, as it decends from a place above the top of the head where it is said our true soul resides. Paramatma litterally means higher soul, or higher self.

In my experience this light cannot be called upon on demand, but comes when it is needed. In the yoga of Aurobindu, this light is the primary means for activating the kundalini. Aurobindo refers to it as "a light and power from above".

Thanks for sharing.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  10:56:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

In my experience this light cannot be called upon on demand, but comes when it is needed.

hi Chris,

that sounds pretty true for it's happening automatically during deep meditation now and it seems to be happening in most of my sessions and it's turning into smthg like a samadhik pillar or tunnel.

but it never hurts to keep on knocking on heaven's door, knock and the door will open eventually..

oh and btw the wings scenery happened again a few days ago.

light and love,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  11:31:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

quote:
oh and btw the wings scenery happened again a few days ago.

You must be an angel.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  03:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aren't we all my good friend.

love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  8:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Christi, do you know if Cosmic Samyama opens the crown? I believe it does, but haven't confirmed it. Ever since I began CS a few months ago, I've been having a lot of crown activity. It's the only addition/change of practice I've had in the past few months.

Thanks!

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  5:44:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cosmic,

Yes, I personally count cosmic samyama as a crown practice, as the attention is put directly on the crown for about 30 seconds of the practice. I also find, that after the crown is opened by this, then the subsequent sutras also have a stimulatory effect on the crown chakra, because of their expansive quality.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  7:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been finding that cosmic samyama has a definite but happy effect on my crown. I was resting after CS the other day when I had the strongest feeling that a finger or a feather, or maybe a flame, was stroking my brow. The sensation traveled very deliberately - actually it felt like a flame - up to my crown where it flickered for a bit. Then it slowly went back again, and then vanished.

Nice!
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  9:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by grihastha

I've been finding that cosmic samyama has a definite but happy effect on my crown. I was resting after CS the other day when I had the strongest feeling that a finger or a feather, or maybe a flame, was stroking my brow. The sensation traveled very deliberately - actually it felt like a flame - up to my crown where it flickered for a bit. Then it slowly went back again, and then vanished.

Nice!

Could it have been a peacock feather?
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  11:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good to know the crown-opening aspect of CS is by design. Besides a couple alarming experiences at the beginning, CS has had a stabilizing effect on my crown. It's gotten stable enough to where I'm not afraid to go there every once in a while.

I sometimes do 2-4 root-to-crown breaths at the end of SBP, but no plans to do full-blown root-to-crown SBP anytime soon...

I appreciate your feedback, Christi and gri

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  08:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cosmic,

quote:
Good to know the crown-opening aspect of CS is by design. Besides a couple alarming experiences at the beginning, CS has had a stabilizing effect on my crown. It's gotten stable enough to where I'm not afraid to go there every once in a while.

Just to mention... Yogani does not share my categorization of CS as a crown practice. If you read the Samyama book, which you may have already done, you will notice that there are no pre-requisites for practicing CS other than those for practicing samyama. He doesn't state that it is necessary to follow through the pre-requisites outlined in lesson 199 and the testing process before practicing CS.

At the end of the day, I would go with how you feel. If the practice seems to balance you, then go with it... if it creates too much stimulation, then cut back. It is an incredibly powerful practice when there is enough resident inner silence to support it.

quote:
I sometimes do 2-4 root-to-crown breaths at the end of SBP, but no plans to do full-blown root-to-crown SBP anytime soon...

If and when you do add root-to-crown SBP to your practice, remember to add it in addition to root-to-brow SBP. It is really important to keep the root-to-brow connection going so that if anything goes pear-shaped with the crown, you can easily come back to a safe practice. If you get into the habit of root-to-crown SBP and out of the root-to-brow SBP habit, it is much harder to come back if you need to.

Personally I put root-to-crown SBP immediately after root-to-brow, so my practice routine looks something like this:

10 mins RTB SBP
10 mins RTC SBP
2 mins RTC spinal bastrika
20 mins meditation
10 mins samyama
10 mins CS
10 mins meditation on crown
10 mins rest

All the best,

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  12:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Wow that is an impressive routine. Mine used to resemble that a few years back minus the crown practices. Do you do any grounding activities and do you ever go over with this routine?

thanks

A
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  2:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem,

Yes, I go over sometimes, and have to cut back on practice times. The crown practices, especially RTC Spinal bastrika and RTC SBP, are always the first to get cut back. I walk a lot, and have two small girls to look after, so that is pretty grounding.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  4:06:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi, Anthem, Cosmic and all

Wow Christi...that is a wonderful-ful.... practice.
No wonder you are so God-intoxicated! Thank God for your two little ones. How blessed they are...and you too

I never did any crown practices.......as you know I overload easily. But ever since it became possible to....contemplate the father-like essence that came with the face of Jesus Christ in the heart ....ever since then...if there are signs of ..overloading activity at the crown during the day....just becoming very still and identifying with the spacepresenceessence that permeats and surronds the body...this is enough to let the stream through the crown...it just easily dissolves itself in the vastness of the space. It is the same procedure if I am about to go "asthmatic" or hyperventolate whenever exercising aerobically.... while exercising...I identify with the presenceessence.....and then everything takes care of itself. This has happened many times now....and a while ago I noticed that the breath has changed. I am breathing something that is not only air. This something...when this is combined with the looking......it produces ecstatic streaming anywhere in the body. It is like ecstatic breath (this has been happening for a long time)....except there is more of that "not air" thing.

Through this....there was a discovery of how to ground better after sitting practices. After deep meditation....I breathe in this "something other than air"....and it instantly fills the cells that are the body. I bring it all the way down each leg simoultaneously....down to the feet...and breath-look it out of the soles....way down into the ground. It dissolves there at the same time as it "anchors" itself there...by spreading out (sorry for lack of better words).

All the hiking lately has been beautiful. Every step is a communion with the ground....and this "something other than air" pouring from the feet...it gives a wonderful feeling of "getting to know" mother earth from within her.

So...even though I don't do the crown exercises yet.....this terrific grounding practice (it takes 5 minutes before the resting time).....it has made it possible to also do cosmic samyama when going to bed. I have been doing it every night for a month now...and there is no sign of overload. On the contrary....that...and the breathe-looking....has made it possible to meditate 20 minutes now. It's been a long time since I have been able to do that without being "surged away".

I also suspect that the AYP meditation course at the clinic.....and the one-to-ones held on a weekly basis....this is also grounding and allowing more of the flow.

The father-like essence continues to be father-like. In fact...the more I contemplate it......actually this is not the right word...it is not contemplation......it is not pondering. What to call it...?
I go towards it....without moving...just being very, very, very .....fond of it....so the more I allow myself to be pulled into it...the more father-like it gets.

So.........while my earthly father is very sick and slowly leaving this plane of existence.......this father-like essence is filling the space of him. That's what it feels like. It is just like when mom died.... and her face changed into Amma's face. I sat with dad today.....and even though he has Alzheimer and his kidneys are failing and he is itching all over......every time I am there.....he reveals more of himself to me. He holds my hand and talks. Mostly gibberish :-)I am quiet....I smile at him...And we are quiet together. And all of a sudden...he is crystal clear...and what he is saying is not coming from a man with Alzheimer.

Ooops...sorry for being off topic...

What i ment to say...is that it seems that this breathing from top to bottom...is accomplishing a greater crown opening. And while writing this...it also feels like...though losing.....actually through seemingly losing both parents.....dad is becoming extremely visible to me.....it is like properly being with him for the first time.

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  4:35:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry about your father dear katrine.Im glad you are having that wonderful connection with him at this moments.
Big hug from here.
Love...

Edited by - miguel on Jun 25 2009 4:38:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  4:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Miguel

Love to you too.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  6:20:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi:

Thanks for the clarification. I'm a long way from doing RTC SBP, but I've filed your advice for when the time comes. Wow, RTC Bastrika?!?! I can't even imagine that . I've overloaded on regular RTB Bastrika before (long ago). Cool stuff...

Hi Katrine:

It's sad but also beautiful to hear about your father. My prayers to you and him

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  7:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

quote:
I am breathing something that is not only air. This something...when this is combined with the looking......it produces ecstatic streaming anywhere in the body. It is like ecstatic breath (this has been happening for a long time)....except there is more of that "not air" thing.

That 'something that is not air' is prana. Air contains prana, just as food and sunlight do (and just as people, plants, oceans, and galaxies do). When the ida and pingala nadis become active, prana is absorbed directly from the air at the nostrils, and fills the body with light.

Ecstatic breath. Beautiful isn't it?

Oh... and that's another crown practice I forgot to mention above. When the breath becomes ecstatic, you can breathe the ecstasy directly into the crown chakra. It is the same as the heart breathing practice in AYP, only going up, with the inbreath, from the nostrils to the crown, and back to the nostrils with the outbreath.

I'm not recommending that you try it, although I hope you do one day... I'm just putting it out there for those that are working in this field.

My best wishes to you and your father.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  3:38:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

As I am on a role with youtube videos, here is I nice one on the dynamics of a crown chakra awakening and its role vis-a-vis the rest of the chakras:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C5I...ture=related

Christi
Go to Top of Page

andonitxo

2 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  5:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit andonitxo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi:

Just wanted to add two more practices with Sahasrara:

1.Imagine you move energy upwards from Muladhara, up to Sahasrara. There the energy of Earth merges with the one from Heaven. Once that is done in the breath intake exhale and move that energy down again and let it flow freely to the Earth, down your feet, helping Maya in her evolution. At last, we are energy converters too.

2.Imagine the energy moving downwards from Sahasrara to Anahata, and, at the same time, from Muladara to Anahata too. There the two energies merges with the one from the heart. In the exhale let the energy expand and infuse all the body.

Hope that adds something valuable.

Bye.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000